SWD Varsity Gilrs

GrahamPG44

as posted in an earlier thread that she was a hold back, I got some info to pass along. She is the true age of a seventh grader. 13 to be exact. she held back in 5th grade but started school as a 4yr old. anyways it dont matter football players do it all the time.

The true age of a seventh grader is 12 not 13. The rule of 5 applied to the grade equals the students appropriate age, for example if you are in grade 1 you should be 6 -- #12 is good, but I am not as impressed with her as some are, she is not the best in SWD -- one of the best-- I believe #14 for Tazewell and #20 from Grundy can play with her -- and the Tazewell girl is twelve and the Grundy girl is eleven -- and a sixth grader -- I am not from Grundy but she is really that good -- handles the ball well -- keeps her demeanor -- and can really shot. Tazewell's #14 plays great defense and is quick-- and her defense makes for good offense from her as well. Richlands' #12 is a shooter -- not alot of defense nor does she handle the ball as well as she will need to if she is going to play on the wing -- but she has time and potential to improve -- she appears to enjoy the sport and hopefully she will continue to work and get better -- these three could prove to be very competitive against each other in years to come -- that is if they all still play. Girls are funny like that they play all the time and then all of a sudden turn 15 or 16 and just stop.

#12 from Richlands was twelve years old the start of the seventh grade year. As far as the girls from Grundy and Tazewell they are very good bball players. It will be fun to watch them in years to come.

The true age of a seventh grader is 12 not 13. The rule of 5 applied to the grade equals the students appropriate age, for example if you are in grade 1 you should be 6 --

That is not always the case. All states have mandatory age requirements prior to starting school....(ex. you must be 5 by Aug. 31 in GA). I have a relative that is in the K4 (age 4 class) b/c he didn't turn 5 until early Sept. thus he missed the requirement by a few days and is legally almost a full year older. I also know there are several other kids in his class with "fall/winter b-days" that would "slip" them into the older than expected class. I don't think ppl should randomly be saying kids are "hold backs" b/c their ages are older than the standard average for these grades.

I'm sure there are a few "hold backs" but to just say if you're older automatically puts you in that class is ridiculous.

Edited by trublue

marion is too young and inexpierenced this year. maybe next year with some expierence and better players coming up.

I disagree, next year will not be any different than this one as long as Moss is still coaching. They have a good senior and junior guards. Moss has won like 12 games in the last six years. That alone should tell you something.

Carroll, Abingdon, Graham, Grundy, Tazewell, Marion, Richlands. Tazewell has Brittney Muncy and Cara Cecil for tazewell are two 6'0" girls who can really play the post. They can shock some people and move up, but I think there are two players who get credit where credit ISN'T due. I won't say names because I don't want to start things, but this team is not playing like a team. Breanne Vencil is sick and can't play now and Sarah Tessmer has cancer and can't play. They are two good senior leaders who we don't have and could really contribute to winning.

Carroll, Abingdon, Graham, Grundy, Tazewell, Marion, Richlands. Tazewell has Brittney Muncy and Cara Cecil for tazewell are two 6'0" girls who can really play the post. They can shock some people and move up, but I think there are two players who get credit where credit ISN'T due. I won't say names because I don't want to start things, but this team is not playing like a team. Breanne Vencil is sick and can't play now and Sarah Tessmer has cancer and can't play. They are two good senior leaders who we don't have and could really contribute to winning.

Breanne is back -- and it is really sad about Sarah the entire team wishes her the best-- Have you seen them play -- you say they are not playing as a team -- on the night the hosted Blacksburg they only had 5 players -- one was playing soccer in GA, one had a family situation, one was out of town, and then Breanne was sick with mono-- so the team was not there -- I can't see you traveling to Blacksburg or even Bland and unless you were at the game tonight you have not seen the team. They played well tonight -- scoring 88 points -- lost in overtime but still played as a team --

I would love for you to send me a personal message as to which players get credit where credit ISN'T due. I'll even buy you lunch anytime you would like and we can discuss this -- I look forward to your contacting me!!

Yeah i found out today that breanne has returned, but they play good as a team on the court they just talk crap behind each others back. Kelsey Sutherland tore it up against grundy and they played good and almost won. But they all want to act like they are the best of the best on the team. No offense cause I hope they do great, but I don't see that happening this year.

Yeah i found out today that breanne has returned, but they play good as a team on the court they just talk crap behind each others back. Kelsey Sutherland tore it up against grundy and they played good and almost won. But they all want to act like they are the best of the best on the team. No offense cause I hope they do great, but I don't see that happening this year.

Complete contradiction of your first post -- where you said they don't play as a team -- to be quite honest with you I think they get along well on and off the court, but if they are not best of friends off the court as long as they are ok while in the gym that is all that is expected of them.

• 2 weeks later...

i agree!!! they may not be the best of friends and they may have some words about each other and Yes maybe it is behind each others back on occasion. But who doesn't in the world today. Seems like everyone today can't say what is on there mind with out being punished for not having the same opinions as the other person. these girls have been through alot with each other and sometimes you don't stay "best friends forever" but you can still say they are friends on the court which is all that matters because people change and go there own way. oh almost forgot which 2 get credit where credit isn't due? ...... as far as them acting like they are the best of the best so what!! if they have a good game let them be proud cause remember these girl are still teenagers learning life.....