SWD scrimmages

evophoto

Abingdon had GW and Coeburn tonight in a scrimage...Abingdon handled Coeburn pretty easily in the first game-winning by about 15 or 20...GW then beat Coeburn pretty easily as well- not sure about that score...then Abingdon and GW played with GW winning by 1 point

Tazewell scrimmages have been postponed due to the football players unable to be there. Some of there scheduled games have been moved due to football team. The only for sure game as of now is the Christmas Tourney at Hurely.

Tazewell's girls scrimmaged Chilhowie on Wednesday and looked pretty good - both JV and Varsity - they can go really big with two 6' post players and two 5'8" wings or real small moving those same wings into the post and using two different wings - all their team members were contributing -- they are running a new offense this year -- looked pretty good but will require everyone to play because of the speed of the game - they open their season at home with Bland on Tuesday. Bland generally has a strong team good game to open with.

Grundy played Lebanon this past Saturday at SVCC. From what I heard Lebanon only had 1 starter playing (Compton), the rest are still playing football. Lebanon pretty much did what they wanted from what I've heard? They should be one of the better teams in SWVA this season once they get in shape from football?

Tazewell JV and Varsity Boys Scrimages at Bluefield State College Friday Nov. 28 @ 10 am. Then sometime next week the scrimage Chilhowie or Fort Chiswel. Idk if they are going to be in Tazewell or on the road.

well how was the scrimmage?

I believe Bluefield beat us in every quarter..but at the same time the most i remember us losing by is 3. For Tazewell to have only got to practice together twice, i believe this was a good showing for us.

How many of the Taz big guys from football play basketball? I know Muncy is a good athelete, and they had a ton of tall lanky guys on the football team that physically looked like basketball players.