5 Reasons the Falcons Will Be a Force

preacher

The Johnson Brothers pretty much got Big Creek to where they were at this year and if i'm not mistaken one is a soph and the other is a freshman. The coach from Pocahontas County said that the Austin Johnson the RB was faster than anyone he had on his team. And Pocahontas County has got some talent up there so if they do come to Richlands i feel sorry for these other SWD teams.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

#1 - The SWD is going to be down some next year. Both Richlands and Tazewell are graduating most of their talent and will be in rebuilding mode. This should allow us to sneak up on some guys and take advantage of that. (Dont forget both Grundy and Abingdon went young this year, that should pay off for both schools next year) We need a post season birth. Our fans and town are hungry for it.

These are some of the reasons why I think the Falcons will be a force to reckon with in 2009. You heard it here first!

Richlands has been graduating a bunch of seniors every year and I think the same thing Preacher that they'll be down..I've come to the conclusion they dont rebuild there at Richlands they just reload...That's what a Football school does. They take what they have and learn how to utilize what they got to get the maximim out of it. I admire the hell out of that program..

I'm not doubting that they could be good, but to think that a Freshman and a Sophomore will make that much of a difference next year is just plain outrageous. We tried that this year with our QB. Jake did a good job, but he also had some growing pains. I'm not too worried if that is what the hype is. I mean, they "may" come and play for you, doesn't mean they will. What will you do if that plan doesn't work?

We have players very capable of playing next year even if we do not get them. We have little number 8 returning probably be HB and then we have 14 and 7 returning either of them could be QB and we have a few of the WRs coming back.

I'm not doubting that they could be good, but to think that a Freshman and a Sophomore will make that much of a difference next year is just plain outrageous. We tried that this year with our QB. Jake did a good job, but he also had some growing pains. I'm not too worried if that is what the hype is. I mean, they "may" come and play for you, doesn't mean they will. What will you do if that plan doesn't work?

But they will not be a freshman and a sophomore next season... They will be a Junior and a Sophomore. There are plenty of juniors that lead teams.

But they will not be a freshman and a sophomore next season... They will be a Junior and a Sophomore. There are plenty of juniors that lead teams.

Basically our whole team will be juniors next year.

Besides, we don't have to worry about next year yet. We ARE STILL PLAYING THIS YEAR!! I guess you don't know what your missing do ya, it's been a while for you all.

Devin Johnson, Austin Johnson and my nephews name is Geoffery Kidwell. Geoffery is just in 8th grade but he is super fast. And Devin Johnson and Austin Johnson are the team at Big Creek right now. If Richlands add these players I feel sorry for everybody they are that good.

Edited by bigdogfan2

Devin Johnson, Austin Johnson and my nephews name is Geoffery Kidwell. Geoffery is just in 8th grade but he is super fast. And Devin Johnson and Austin Johnson are the team at Big Creek right now. If Richlands add these players I feel sorry for everybody they are that good.

is richlands recruiting these kids? this is illegal in high school sports.

is richlands recruiting these kids? this is illegal in high school sports.

yeah they are! and the kids they recruit have 2 inch cleets and know how to water down the field already.

No offense where is Big Creek? Also, who is plymal?

who is Plymal???? Are you kidding me??? How can you talk about SWD football and not know who Plymal is??? What the hell?

This post is dedicated to my friend Cowboy. Cowboy you are a Falcon fan and a success hater, meaning you hate to see the smallest school in the county have success. Here are 5 reasons why your Falcons won't win the SWD.

5 - Your Abingdon and your sport is baseball

4 - Vols4life and Hurricane Fans are right your soft.

3 - There is no tradition of winning there and no "matlock" to come in and change it.

2 - There are no John Battles and Patrick Henry's in the SWD.

1 - You wouldn't even be able to beat Holston! How can you beat Graham or Richlands?

This post is dedicated to my boy "Cowboy" :D

This post is dedicated to my friend Cowboy. Cowboy you are a Falcon fan and a success hater, meaning you hate to see the smallest school in the county have success. Here are 5 reasons why your Falcons won't win the SWD.

3 - There is no tradition of winning there and no "matlock" to come in and change it.

1 - You wouldn't even be able to beat Holston! How can you beat Graham or Richlands?

The Abingdon town itself is not a hardnosed football town and dont flat out pack the house week in and week out. A little to much (our %&*! dont stink) and not enough smash mouth football freaks.

yeah they are! and the kids they recruit have 2 inch cleets and know how to water down the field already.

who is Plymal???? Are you kidding me??? How can you talk about SWD football and not know who Plymal is??? What the hell?

Sorry big guy? I saw post about him but never knew who you were referring to. Is it you?

Richlands will be good next year. They have alot of talent coming back and moving up next year. Their new Qb can throw and run, have a little Caleb moving up to Rb, and a slew of recivers all with alot of brains and speed.

Cavdaddy I agree with your assessment on Abingdon not winning the SWD title but you need not be talking bout the rowdy rebs. This years win by you guys over PH was the first one in some odd years.

face da music crowd man went sent ya packn back wit a loss when u came to holston! :D

We pretty much take care of the SWD in all other sports: basketball, baseball, and track.

If i'm not mistaken richlands beat abingdon 3 times last year in baseball and won the district championship richlands returns all but 2 players this year as well

good post cav mommy and i will admit we have been soft in the past but i think this is changing. we have held our own in the swd for several years now. how has holston done over the last 10 years? come on c-mommy one good year and you live on this board now. where were you several years ago? i'll tell you - you were at ahs watching some good football and i don't blame you! i hope we still see your name on here after this year but i have a feeling you will disappear just like the wins at holston will.

good post cav mommy and i will admit we have been soft in the past but i think this is changing. we have held our own in the swd for several years now. how has holston done over the last 10 years? come on c-mommy one good year and you live on this board now. where were you several years ago? i'll tell you - you were at ahs watching some good football and i don't blame you! i hope we still see your name on here after this year but i have a feeling you will disappear just like the wins at holston will.

If you call holding your own coming in the bottom half of the SWD, then ok.