Virginia Tech........after all

thefactman

You know I have read alot of bashing of the hokies this season....hell I'm one of them!!! But After all they still have a chance to win this thing.. I dont know how maybe beamer deserves a little more credit than w give him and yes i know alot of it is lucky...I mean the acc isnt the greatest every senario tech needed to happen(so far) has happened. tyrod taylor plays like crap against duke and Sean Glennon comes in and wins the game, not to mention tech had some real nice recruits up for the Duke game and heard they left campus very impressed and hopefully comes back. i had someone post a week or so back that tech had some real stud linbackers who redshirted this year. who are they??? i lloked there roster over and didnt find them. Travis Bond looked nice down on the Hokies sideline!! 6fot 7 about 320lbs

I don't know for sure, but I think Quillie Odom and Barquell Rivers were pretty highly rated, and are supposed to be good LBs, but one or both of them have already redshirted I think. Bruce Taylor was a big LB recruit out of SC, but I think they have moved him to DE???

I really do not know what would have impressed the recruits. They had five turnovers in the first half and they were playing a Duke team that didn`t have their starting qb or hb.

Depends on what the pitch is.. They could be thinking that they can start for a better ACC team, or play of one of the best defenses in the country..

If it wouldve been any other team they wouldve scored at least 2 touchdowns with those turnovers.. I dont see how people can say Glennon won this game.. haha.. Macho Harris and the defense contributed more than Glennon and the offense did..

I don't know for sure, but I think Quillie Odom and Barquell Rivers were pretty highly rated, and are supposed to be good LBs, but one or both of them have already redshirted I think. Bruce Taylor was a big LB recruit out of SC, but I think they have moved him to DE???

And don't forget the beast, Jake Johnson (fr). There's also Allen Stephens (fr) joining Rivers (r-fr), Odom (fr), and Johnson. Bruce Taylor (fr.) was moved to DE, but that doesn't mean he'll stay there.

Rivers and Odom both played earlier in the year and if I'm not mistaken, I think both have been fighting the injury bug...I'll check my HokieSports, The Magazine later this evening...

From what I've heard, Jake Johnson is going to be a nasty LB...

People can bash Tech all they want but I believe I am right in saying that Tech is the only team in the Coastal Division that controls their own fate...everyone else has to depend on other teams losing to make it to Tampa...yes I know the ACC is extremely weak but I still think Tech deserves more credit then many people are giving them....as far as Sean Glennon or Tyrod Taylor, at this point I vote for Glennon.....Tyrod just can't get it going this season.....GO HOKIES!!!!

Edited by vthokie11

People can bash Tech all they want but I believe I am right in saying that Tech is the only team in the Coastal Division that controls their own fate...everyone else has to depend on other teams losing to make it to Tampa...yes I know the ACC is extremely weak but I still think Tech deserves more credit then many people are giving them....as far as Sean Glennon or Tyrod Taylor, at this point I vote for Glennon.....Tyrod just can't get it going this season.....GO HOKIES!!!!

Either QB will be good enough this weekend. You all complain about Stinespring, but you haven't seen an inept offense yet. You will Saturday...

The defense isn't the problem at VT, which may be why some of the afforementioned kids are going to redshirt.

I have been telling my UT fan friends at work all year long it would come down to the UVa game as to whether or not they get to the Championship game. It would probably be BC if they do, provided they beat either the Jeckyl or Hyde version of Maryland. Nice rematch from last year Huh! I remember all the talk about the Big East teams coming to the ACC and how they weren't going to do anything. They have mostly dominated the league. They have also improved in most other sports.

The defense isn't the problem at VT, which may be why some of the afforementioned kids are going to redshirt.

I have been telling my UT fan friends at work all year long it would come down to the UVa game as to whether or not they get to the Championship game. It would probably be BC if they do, provided they beat either the Jeckyl or Hyde version of Maryland. Nice rematch from last year Huh! I remember all the talk about the Big East teams coming to the ACC and how they weren't going to do anything. They have mostly dominated the league. They have also improved in most other sports.

Youre exactly right! The VT basketball team was nothing until they moved to the ACC. Granted, they may not win very many games but they will a heck of a lot more games than they did a few years ago. The girls softball team and the baseball team have done great too.

Youre exactly right! The VT basketball team was nothing until they moved to the ACC.

They weren't too bad back in the Metro Conference days...that was back when VT was a basketball school and football games were something to kill time between Friday night's party and Saturday night's party...

i seen where Leon Mackey has picked up more interest in va tech. now if we can land Bobby Massie and either or morgan moses or travis bond or all 3 would make for a nice future line after tech switches vincent painter back to offense......wow between those four they would average what 6ft 6 about 330lbs!!! and what will tech do with David Wilson?? I think he could be the best back since Kevin jones but maynot even get the opputunity there. will have darren Evans for awhile the coaching staff still loves ogalsby(for some reason) you got Ryan Williams redshirting then Tony Gregory is coming in next years class..Any opinions

now if we can land Bobby Massie and either or morgan moses or travis bond or all 3 would make for a nice future line after tech switches vincent painter back to offense......wow between those four they would average what 6ft 6 about 330lbs!!!

Last night on Hokie Hotline, Coach Cavanaugh said Tech is trying to get athletic offensive linemen who can move...6'6", 330lbs seems to be going against what he stated...just another case of the offense not getting the type of players for the system they want to run, whatever that is.

I don't know, it would be nice to have some big-arse linemen who could move folks out of the way if we were to go with a "smashmouth" type offense. But it would also be nice to have some linemen that were quick enough to block DEs and LBs sometimes...I've seen way too many opposing defensive players blow by our linemen in the last couple of years.

But none of this matters as long as we have BS at OC and continue with the "zone blocking" scheme...

Gee how many years does it take to see that. In the E.Carolina game VT was at the goal line on a run (they later scored) and 3 of the VT linemen whiffed their block. Before they could get out of the stance the linemen were by them. Good grief, kick'em or spit on them or something, let them know you actually saw them run by you.

Not gonna touch the LSU game........ Dorsey and Co. nearly got the handoff before our backs.

Last night on Hokie Hotline, Coach Cavanaugh said Tech is trying to get athletic offensive linemen who can move...6'6", 330lbs seems to be going against what he stated...just another case of the offense not getting the type of players for the system they want to run, whatever that is.

I don't know, it would be nice to have some big-arse linemen who could move folks out of the way if we were to go with a "smashmouth" type offense. But it would also be nice to have some linemen that were quick enough to block DEs and LBs sometimes...I've seen way too many opposing defensive players blow by our linemen in the last couple of years.

But none of this matters as long as we have BS at OC and continue with the "zone blocking" scheme...

Bolded part is funny. BS at OC. ;)

i seen where Leon Mackey has picked up more interest in va tech. now if we can land Bobby Massie and either or morgan moses or travis bond or all 3 would make for a nice future line after tech switches vincent painter back to offens

Bobby Massie and Morgan Moses you can most definitely scratch off the VT list. They will not be Hokies.

i seen where Leon Mackey has picked up more interest in va tech. now if we can land Bobby Massie and either or morgan moses or travis bond or all 3 would make for a nice future line after tech switches vincent painter back to offens

Bobby Massie and Morgan Moses you can most definitely scratch off the VT list. They will not be Hokies.

well massie first comitted to tech heard he is a real talent. what i've heard of moses is he may not ever even get to step on field for div.1 program...little short upstairs.

in the entire country....he's that good. He also has the Morgan Moses thing going on....grades. Moses may actually make it to an SEC school. Massie may not make it anywhere, but at this point, but seem very, VERY unlikely to step foot onto Lane Stadium with a VT uniform.

over the weekend now have VT very much back in the running. It may come down to VT and UVA. Massie is still a no-go IMO.

If UVA has any common sense, they'd point out Elton Brown, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Branden Albert, and Eugene Monroe. Those guys have made/will make a pretty penny for themselves. If Morgan can keep his grades up, he'd be the perfect cap on a fairly successful UVA recruiting class (by our deflated standards).