I hate to say I told you so but...

GMan

Please do CPF. Nothing has annoyed me more than the recent posts of Tazewell fans. So please...go right ahead.

I believe these so callled Tazewell fans with 1 to 10 post are not true Dawgs fans, so watch who single out buddy.

Richlands didn't lose yesterday because they, or the region was down. They lost because they ran into a VERY GOOD football team PERIOD! I don't know anything about James Monroe but I can't imagine anyone being good enough to beat Brookville next week.

As for the "I told you so's"... Keep em'. You can tell me so until you turn BLUE in the face but you will NEVER get me to count Richlands out! I hope (and believe) the same is true of all Richalnds fans. If the fans don't believe in the team how can the team believe in themselves? If they're going to lose they're going to lose. If they believe in themselves they at least have a chance. Being a "realist" doesn't help them do that...

I admire the sentiment, BigD, but you’re wrong. I am a Richlands fan, but that doesn’t mean I’m going to ignore the obvious. The region was way down this year.

While there is no denying the heart and determination of this year’s Richlands team, the overall talent level was much lower than in previous years. The 2004, 2005, 2006, and 2007 Richlands teams would have defeated this group by at least 3 td’s. I also believe the 2003 group was more talented. I do not say this to detract from the accomplishments of this year’s team, I’m just giving my honest opinion.

Edited by parsons

Didn't say the region wasn't down. I said that isn't why Richlands lost to Brookville. There is a difference between having an opinion and stating it in public. Telling them they will lose is not going to help them win.

I can't believe some of the posts on here. Most of the people that are taking a proverbial crap on Tazewell and Richlands are not from either. Everyone, including the Richlands fans that choose to wave a "White Flag." I am sorry the flag I choose to wave is "BLUE." Those who say it cannot be done, will never do it.

Didn't say the region wasn't down. I said that isn't why Richlands lost to Brookville. There is a difference between having an opinion and stating it in public. Telling them they will lose is not going to help them win.

Some people respond well to this sort of criticism. Not all, and not most, but some. That's just quibbling. But many aren't going to bottle up their opinions just for the sake of bottling them up. Especially when many are trying to predict the outcome of the game knowing absolutely nothing or next to it about Brookville, claiming that "experience" was enough. That's my point. Using rational data to counter questionable opinions was the reason most stated it in public, and it was the right thing to do, IMO. Agree to disagree, if we must.

Richlands didn't lose yesterday because they, or the region was down. They lost because they ran into a VERY GOOD football team PERIOD! I don't know anything about James Monroe but I can't imagine anyone being good enough to beat Brookville next week.

As for the "I told you so's"... Keep em'. You can tell me so until you turn BLUE in the face but you will NEVER get me to count Richlands out! I hope (and believe) the same is true of all Richalnds fans. If the fans don't believe in the team how can the team believe in themselves? If they're going to lose they're going to lose. If they believe in themselves they at least have a chance. Being a "realist" doesn't help them do that...

Any team from Region IV, Richlands included, would have lost to the Top 4 teams from Region III this season...Region IV was WEAK...period.

I should stop trying to make a point since no one is getting it... The point is saying "I told you so" didn't tell anyone anything they didn't already know. We've all known since very early that whoever won Region IV would have to play Brookville and the odds would be against them. (And Observer, I know as much, if not more about Brookville as you.) However for me, or any Richlands fan to go on a message board and tell them they have no chance would do nothing but help make the odds even greater. Sorry, but I choose to believe in and support the kids regardless of the odds.

Sorry, but I choose to believe in and support the kids regardless of the odds.

Isn't that what high school sports are supposed to be about. Great comment, and I wished that all the ones that choose to belittle teenagers that put out great effort (regardless of odds), could all look at it that way.

I should stop trying to make a point since no one is getting it... The point is saying "I told you so" didn't tell anyone anything they didn't already know. We've all known since very early that whoever won Region IV would have to play Brookville and the odds would be against them. (And Observer, I know as much, if not more about Brookville as you.) However for me, or any Richlands fan to go on a message board and tell them they have no chance would do nothing but help make the odds even greater. Sorry, but I choose to believe in and support the kids regardless of the odds.

If you've read any of my posts on the College/Pro forum, you'd know that I'm a realist first and an optimist second. I congratulate Richlands on a season well-played, especially on winning the Region IV, Division 3 crown yet again. Those young men certainly deserve all that and more for accomplishing what they have this season, especially considering how they started. My responses were directed merely as a warning toward those who were claiming that "experience would prevail", in the face of the obvious talent advantage Brookville had. Regardless of the fact that Brookville too had nearly the same experience. Shades of Liberty-Bedford in 2002? But I digress. Fans should hope for a win when obviously overmatched, not going around predicting it with substantial evidence to the contrary.

And I'm glad you had a nice knowledge of Brookville; I just wish that other fans did, as well. As such, you knew what Richlands was up against, and that it would take the best game of Richlands's season plus a BIG helping of luck for the Blue Tornado to prevail. But to make a snide remark out of context about who knows as much or more about Brookville is a bit trite, isn't it? Perhaps you do know more about them, but perhaps you don't. Quite a strong claim to make when we've never compared knowledge about Brookville, much less when we've never met. Hard to substantiate that one, sir, unless you possess some clairevoyancy of which I'm unaware. A poor claim weakens your entire argument by association.

Edited by UVAObserver