What was the deal with Brookevilles field?

Pirate1

Very common grass in metro GA. Many of the homes in newer subdivisions have it b/c it is extremely tolerant of heat, wear and tear. My lawn is entirely bermuda....great in the summer....brownish in the winter. Bermuda grass looks much better and is more dense mowed w/a "reel" mower instead of a conventional mower.

Bermuda is a "warm weather" grass. You don't find it too often in the mountains or north of Viriginia because it does go dormant with cooler temperatures.

I loved playing baseball at V-High...their infield was bermuda and it was the "truest" surface we played on, never a bad bounce...and soft, made you want to lay down and take a nap on it...

Althought I must add...I hate playing golf on bermuda grass. Its nice in the fairway, when its mowed short, the ball sits up on it. However, the rough is a different story...the ball settles down in the grass and its very difficult to play out of. And I HATE bermuda greens...the grain KILLS me...

Althought I must add...I hate playing golf on bermuda grass. Its nice in the fairway, when its mowed short, the ball sits up on it. However, the rough is a different story...the ball settles down in the grass and its very difficult to play out of. And I HATE bermuda greens...the grain KILLS me...

Takes alittle getting used to if you are used to bent grass, i can handle the rough, i hate putting on it. I love fast greens. I feel like i gotta use my driver to putt on bermuda greens. :)

I just saw the highlights on the Roanoke news stationl. Was the grass dead, did they have a weird kind of turf on the field? What was up with that?

The grass is a very popular playing surface nice and soft even though it looks dead it turns brown when night temps drop Bermuda is the name

The grass is a very popular playing surface nice and soft even though it looks dead it turns brown when night temps drop Bermuda is the name

Nice one there Elmer Fudd, believe it was well explained by the time you posted...