WTF is the deal with Comcrap cable in Bluefield...

GMan

Last night, the ABC channel wasn't working...missed the OU-OSU game...

Today, every channel that is showing (FOX/CBS) an NFL game is all messed up...

Yet, Holiday Celebration on Ice on NBC is perfectly clear...

And they're raising my cable fees next month...

Guest JJBrickface

Yes comcast really sucks. I live in Wytheville now and have Jetbroadband. They are just as bad, with horrible customer service. Its almost as if they neglect the fact that you are a paying customer.

just talked to comcast, got a lot of runaround also. Bottom line is this, we might have to put up with this till feb. when the change over goes to digital till then this will happen every time it rains or snows. This could mean bowl games and superbowl as well. I made them credit my account it is pro-paited at 2.2 cents per channel out. I clamed channels 4 last night and 2,7,& 13 for today. don't come to much but if everyone was to do it could help. call 1-800-266-2278.

No what sucks is having Direct TV, and not being able to get an ABC affiliate because WOAY refuses to sign a waiver. And they know you can't pick it up with an off air antenna from Oak Hill, but they still refuse to sign it. My personal opinion is that they are in cahoots with the local cable companies because they know if there was another option for all folks to seriously consider, comcast wouldn't have 200 hundred customers in Bluefield.

One word: Satellite

I've it for well over three years and have rarely had it go out. We've had some pretty rough weather during the summers, but 95% of the time the signal remains true. If it's installed correctly, with a strong signal reading you don't have many problems. I get over 200 actual channels including every sports channel there is, and am paying $50.00 per month. You can't beat it.

Guest JJBrickface
One word: Satellite

I've it for well over three years and have rarely had it go out. We've had some pretty rough weather during the summers, but 95% of the time the signal remains true. If it's installed correctly, with a strong signal reading you don't have many problems. I get over 200 actual channels including every sports channel there is, and am paying $50.00 per month. You can't beat it.

Who is your satellite provider?

And the irony of it all, the cable went out at my parents' house with 3:30 to go in the Hoos/Hokies game.

• 1 month later...