Coaching positions

fieldgeneral

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Randy Sparks for the Tazewell job. I would think Jason Meyers would be a leading candidate for the Va high job. He has worked for Winfred Beal at Floyd County-John Adams and Mike Compton.. Sounds like a pretty good resume. If he wants the job he should get the job.

Who the F%^& is Jason myers?

I have to agree with cowboy for the first time. If VA High wants Matlock he is gone. He would be crazy not to go where the talent (year in and year out is much better at v high. holston had a great year but look at the big picture (coaches sitting in the coaches office trying to figure out what 3 games can we compete in) no different than ph,battle,or twin valley. it's easy to put stick men on a chalk board and talk about what they should be able to do but after a few games you realize they can't. atleast at v-high or abingdon you have a chance and the bottom line is those stick men are just better football players.

What?? What are you smoking man? Jason came home, he came home. Don't you know the meaning of Home?? Why would he leave Home? We have a shot at winning a state title next year, leave for va high? Va High? What?? Va High has a shot at going 3-7! He is Cav Football right now! He has revolutionized our football program and brought pride to this town. HIS HOMETOWN! Jason is HOME!!!!!!!! :mad:

one of my friends in bristol told me that he hoped matlock would apply. i was just stating what he said-do you really have to get upset every time i post something? what if matlock leaves you guys to turn around the battle program? stranger things have happened!

You are so full of nonsense! Why would you say that? Why would Jason leave a program (which he has built up in 2 years), to go to Battle? You've exposed yourself and now I know that you are not from Abingdon but are from Battle. I would be mad too! I mean you've lost your coach. Think of the hires in our county. Abingdon - Bowles (had one decent year), Battle - Brookshire - terrible year (before that Dan Strong - didn't do anything), PH - heck ph has a former NFL player and I think they ended up with a losing record. The best hire in Washington County was Jason Matlock - took us to the playoffs his first year and won a region championship his second. No, Jason likes this homecooking over here, he want be going anywhere.:D

talk about smoking!!! Revolutionized and Holston don't even belong in the same sentence. enjoy this one season because that's it. Preacher is right "weakest region in the state but as long as Clintwood, Burton and teams like that belong - Holston will never play for a state title. Maybe you guy's can get one of those middle school coaches from Richlands.

He would be Urban Myers step nephew twice removed.....would bring that high octane Florida offense with him to VHigh

if he is a relative of urban , va high would be stupid not to hire him. good luck to coach meyers down in bristol.

Who do you pull for? Oh, you dont mentioned that do you. You are probably one of those guys who never put on a jock and stood in the crowd watching and critizing everything the team did. Yeah, I work with geniuses like you big boy! :D

You are so full of nonsense! Why would you say that? Why would Jason leave a program (which he has built up in 2 years), to go to Battle? You've exposed yourself and now I know that you are not from Abingdon but are from Battle. I would be mad too! I mean you've lost your coach. Think of the hires in our county. Abingdon - Bowles (had one decent year), Battle - Brookshire - terrible year (before that Dan Strong - didn't do anything), PH - heck ph has a former NFL player and I think they ended up with a losing record. The best hire in Washington County was Jason Matlock - took us to the playoffs his first year and won a region championship his second. No, Jason likes this homecooking over here, he want be going anywhere.:D

Give it time. Bowles is working hard and developing our players. We would've beat you guys anyway. The guy at PH is doing the same. Battle? Well, are they going have football next year?

cavity - now that you have ask so nicely i feel i should let you know. i played at clintwood and won a state title and was a 2-way starter. i now live in washington county but stll drive over and watch clintwood a few times a year. honestly i go to wherever the big game is on fridays. needless to say i didn't watch the pitiful game this past weekend because i knew it wasn't going to be worth the drive. now that we are pointing fingers i bet you are trying to live your glory moments thru going to games on friday telling stories about how good you use to be a never scored a touchdown. maybe you did score in the 4th when all the subs were in..i am not looking for an arguement i am just stating facts.

i am tired and frankly bored with you. please do not respond to any more of my posts! you have no idea what real football is. congrats on a great season but you guys will not win a state title next year and that's the bottom line!

i am tired and frankly bored with you. please do not respond to any more of my posts! you have no idea what real football is.

And you, being from Abingdon, have no idea what real football is either...

Guest stuntdouble

Cav Matlock has not turned anything around. The guy behind the success is Coach Webb everyone knows that. Matlock is just a cover boy for the school because he is a home town boy. Matlock hasnt turned nothing around.

So would you say that Quinton Hensley is just a cover boy??? Since Coach Rhea Stands on the press box with a headset the way that Webb does at Holston??? No, because it's not true.

Head coaches are there for a reason, they direct thier staff and thier players. Both Holston and RR have good coaching staffs from my observation.

Compton loves it here at PH. He won't be going anywhere.

Compton seems to want bigger things in coaching. I know for a fact that he tried to get on at WVU the year before Fraud left town. I think Compton will go where he has the athletes to win and win and win. If he wants to get into D1, he has the experience as a player. I will be surprised to not see him being an assistant coach of some sort in college. Heck, I figured he applied at CU.

Is SCammell leaving Castlewood? Heard rumor he resigned.

Scammell is as good as gone! He and the offensive coordinator at Richlands (Bananaramer or whatever his name is) will be leading the turnaround of the John Slow Battle Trojans next year and will eradicate 30+ years of tenderfoot football. Fear the Trojans!

heard scammell is coming down here with us at battle. oops i just exposed myself! i watched sammell n his cuz crigger run up the field in high school on opponents. he will do a good job wherever he is. actually, david did most of the running n crigger just held his arms up.