Tommy Tuberville is available...

fieldgeneral

Whether Tuberville was technically "fired" or not, he was definitely feeling the heat from the Auburn administration. I haven't researched any articles but I think he has been quoted in saying that he didn't feel welcome there anymore.

The bloggers were saying the heat was being put on him to fire most of his staff..... which he didn't want to do. Apparently, he felt it was the only avenue he had to retain his job and so he opted to resign....and IF that is true he was essentially forced out.

Who said he was fired? He resigned his position.

TT was feeling the heat and I would not be surprised to find out that he was given the choice to resign or get fired. On their message board, they've been talking about Leach for some time now.

TT was feeling the heat and I would not be surprised to find out that he was given the choice to resign or get fired. On their message board, they've been talking about Leach for some time now.

Leach would be a terrible hire for Auburn. His system is the exact antithesis of what works well in the SEC. The defenses in that conference won't let him establish a spread, and it puts Auburn's defense (it's strength over the years) into jeopardy. If they knew what would good for them, they'd pass on Leach.

Charlie Strong would be the man for Auburn.

The Auburn power brokers (Bobby Lowder being the ring leader) interviewed Mike Leach before the Alabama game. I will guarantee you this: if Auburn had beaten Alabama for a 7th straight season, Tommy Tubberville would still have his job. Auburn has always been satisfied with an 8 or 9 win season, as long as they can beat Alabama. That's why Auburn has won only 1 national championship in the history of the program, and that was way back in 1957, before coach Paul Bear Bryant returned to coach at his alma mater. As long as Auburn beats Alabama, nothing else matters to them. Before the 2004 season, Lowder and his cronies got on a plane and flew to meet with Bobby Petrino to offer him the head coaching job at Auburn. Petrino turned them down. Tubby followed that with a 13-0 season, and Lowder had to shut up and wait until this season to make his move. Lowder has never liked Tubberville, and Lowder holds the purse strings down on the plains. Bobby Lowder forced Tommy Tubberville out of Auburn. Auburn's loss to Bama this season was the final straw. You will probably never see that mentioned in the press, but that's the truth, and everyone at Auburn and at Alabama knows it.

Edited by blueinbama

The Auburn power brokers (Bobby Lowder being the ring leader) interviewed Mike Leach before the Alabama game. I will guarantee you this: if Auburn had beaten Alabama for a 7th straight season, Tommy Tubberville would still have his job. Auburn has always been satisfied with an 8 or 9 win season, as long as they can beat Alabama. That's why Auburn has won only 1 national championship in the history of the program, and that was way back in 1957, before coach Paul Bear Bryant returned to coach at his alma mater. As long as Auburn beats Alabama, nothing else matters to them. Before the 2004 season, Lowder and his cronies got on a plane and flew to meet with Bobby Petrino to offer him the head coaching job at Auburn. Petrino turned them down. Tubby followed that with a 13-0 season, and Lowder had to shut up and wait until this season to make his move. Lowder has never liked Tubberville, and Lowder holds the purse strings down on the plains. Bobby Lowder forced Tommy Tubberville out of Auburn. Auburn's loss to Bama this season was the final straw. You will probably never see that mentioned in the press, but that's the truth, and everyone at Auburn and at Alabama knows it.

Classic...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi7Qlsy2Oo4&NR=1