Rumor;

strapiton

I agree, believe it when you see it.

But that said, I wouldn't be surprised if either of them did. The fact is princeton football is to inconsistent game to game, as I mentioned early in the season and as they proved throughout the season.

The big difference an athlete would consider in my opinion is that at bluefield in seasons with the high expectations that bluefield has for '09 '10, bluefield could easily play another 4 games in each season with the playoffs, that's almost a season of football bluefield might potentially play more than a non playoff team in those 2 seasons. That's a lot more football especially for college athlete prospect.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I honestly hope they don't.

While they would be great assests to the team, I dont think they are worth all the griping and complaining we would hear from everyone.

But thats just my 2 cents.

While they would be great assests to the team, I dont think they are worth all the griping and complaining we would hear from everyone.

If they would be great assets to the team then you could stand the "griping and complaining" from all the people on here from the other side. During next season it would be your teams benefit. Problem is???

From what I know, Tevin Allen was very, very close to transfering before this season before the housing situation fell through. Powell isn't planning on transfering anymore, but it is still an option for Tevin Allen to head to Bluefield. Like I said, this is just what I know.

I've always lived by the motto of "Who cares what they think." Outside my family, I could careless what others think of me and the things I do. Bluefield has lost a ton of talent to the likes of Graham and Princeton over the years, so we're due to gain a little talent from those guys. Let them see what it's like to watch your homegrown kids help another school win games.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I just feel like Bluefield will be strong enough to be successful without them. If they transferred earlier, such as last year it would have been a little better. But we are late in the game here.

And honestly, I want to see players like Byron Steptoe get playing time, instead of 2 players who just want to play for a good team and get some stardom from the Beavers.

I don't think Bluefield needs any more talent. Do ya think someone may consider transferring to James Monroe? Anyone??? Our 2 main running backs graduate this year! LOL!

I just feel like Bluefield will be strong enough to be successful without them. If they transferred earlier, such as last year it would have been a little better. But we are late in the game here.

And honestly, I want to see players like Byron Steptoe get playing time, instead of 2 players who just want to play for a good team and get some stardom from the Beavers.

I absolutely see your point. However, I can also see Allen's side if he decides to leave Princeton. The kid has a ton of potential, but has gotten no coaching at Princeton. I've also heard that there are other behind-the-scene issues, which I won't divulge b/c (1) I don't know them to be 100% accurate and (2) even if true it's best not being public knowledge.

As a Bluefield fan, I'm sure everyone would take Tevin Allen with open arms. He's a great football player, good work ethic, and would only help the Bluefield team. I do side with Tail a little bit on the point where I want to see Byron Steptoe and others who have put work in with the team to get their chance to shine rather than someone who transfers just for some wins. Although, considering the possibility of Lilly, Patterson AND Allen in the Bluefield backfield sounds pretty nice.

It won't matter if both Allen and Powell do come, if the Beavers can't establish a running game then it won't matter who is running the ball back there. Their line did show a good bit of promise towards the end of the year and overcame their lack of true size and experience, but that is where the key is. Beckett will be an excellent QB but Bluefield won't have Will Cole's arm to bail them out when the ground game isn't working. They will have to establish a legitimate running game next season.

Bluefield's success next season relies on how hungry they are to make it back to Wheeling and how much that drives them to work harder in the off-season. But I'm with Bluefield_Rules on this, I'll believe it when I see it. Both of them have been supposedly transferring to Bluefield ever since they were in the 8th grade.

I prefer talent form bluefield wv myself, but as mentioned, bluefield has had some strong players transfer to other schools throughout the decades, I can recall all the way back to '86 when prinecton benefited from 2 exceptional bluefield players, jamie ealy and tony wallace, who were key players, fb and rb, for a successful prinecton playoff team. Transfers happen, until recently, bluefield was on the opposite side of it.

I agree about the steptoe type players getting playing time, but I honestly think bluefield's well beyond being 1 dimensional in their o scheme, and if they are wise they learned from this past season how much potential they have with a passing game and using all their athletes rather than just 1 of 2, so in my opinion the good athletes will likely see their touches of the ball. It's a team game after all.

I agree bluefield will likely do well in '09 '10 with or without them though.

I agree that if they were to transfer bluefield would be on a completely different level to though.

I agree about the line, but I believe the line will do well with the expected strength increase between a sophomore player and an upper classman player.

i can understand kids frustrations and it is so easy to jump ship when times are tuff........i can only imagine what it is like in charleston with all those schools up their........but my message to the great and proud tradition of the bluefield beavers program..........." One could be a great addition to the bluefield program, the other could destroy the team chemistry and ruin what will probably be another beaver team that has a chance to hold up the big trophy at the end of the year ".........i have a great deal of respect for coach simon and the bluefield program, i wish him well and hope he makes good decisions on how to handle this situation....it is a very BIG DECISION, but if he makes the wrong one, he can look back and know he had a chance to do the right thing for HIS TEAM.

Edited by duhwhat

I agree, believe it when you see it.

But that said, I wouldn't be surprised if either of them did. The fact is princeton football is to inconsistent game to game, as I mentioned early in the season and as they proved throughout the season.

The big difference an athlete would consider in my opinion is that at bluefield in seasons with the high expectations that bluefield has for '09 '10, bluefield could easily play another 4 games in each season with the playoffs, that's almost a season of football bluefield might potentially play more than a non playoff team in those 2 seasons. That's a lot more football especially for college athlete prospect.

But, Bluefield isn't generating tons of D1 talent. Yes there has been Yubrenal, Tines, and a few others here and there, but even Ansel had to get outside help to get an offer. Princeton isn't the cream of the crop but they have had just as many ...Russel, Gilliard, Hughes. There are plenty on both sides that have gone to small colleges too. I've just heard that the BHS coaches don't do much for getting their players info out there. What ever happened to Shaun Brooks? I never heard.

Shaun Brooks is playing at Santa Monica Community Collge in Santa Monica, California. He was the starting strong safety beforing injuring himself in, I believe, the third week of the season. He'll end up D-1 after his two years at SMCC if he keeps his head straight.

again.i dont think it is fair to name names when you are dealing with 16 year old kids.but here is another rumor i could see as true............." both are talking transfer to bluefield, but one wants the other one to go and then in the last minute , the other changes his mind and stays at princeton" , WHY, because then the one who stays gets to be the BIGMAN ON CAMPUS.........his competition for the title is gone..I JUST HOPE THE GOOD ONE AND THE TRUE BIGMAN ON CAMPUS......sees the truth behind all of this.

But, Bluefield isn't generating tons of D1 talent. Yes there has been Yubrenal, Tines, and a few others here and there, but even Ansel had to get outside help to get an offer. Princeton isn't the cream of the crop but they have had just as many ...Russel, Gilliard, Hughes. There are plenty on both sides that have gone to small colleges too. I've just heard that the BHS coaches don't do much for getting their players info out there. What ever happened to Shaun Brooks? I never heard.

not suggesting anything about d1 talent specifically really, but bluefield has had it's share of college level talent. Correct, princeton has had some really good talent on the football fields as well.

But to be more specific, 8 games is 8 games is 8 games to anyone who simply enjoys playing football. It's not certain of course,, a lot of it's up to the team and their off season work ethic and overall attitude, but with the expectations they have it wouldn't surprise anyone if they advance to aa title game in '09 or '10.