Top senior boys and girls basketball..

wave316

Hey guys, I need some help here. Last year I organized our first VA. versus Kentucky All -Star senior basketball shootout. We had great senior girls and guys from both KY and VA. participate. I got to meet three great basketball players from George Wythe's basketball team. Tennis Simon, Ethan Mills,and Robert Yonce. We also outstanding players from other schools,both male and female. Our Va. girls got beat by KY. at Shelby Valley but our boys won. The next night we played at J.I.Burton in VA. with the VA. girls winning and our Va. boys losing. So we split even with KY. I'm just trying to look ahead to this year and wondering if you guys know who are really good senior boys and girls basketball players from southwest VA. that could match-up with explosive KY. players. Thanks.:)

You could probably put that all star team up against Shelby Valley's regular team and not win this season.....

They play Walton, GA (ft. Glen Rice Jr, committed to GA Tech and another player from the class of 2010 who has verballed to NC State) tonight in Pikeville at 8 at the Expo Center....

Edited by Grundy10

You could probably put that all star team up against Shelby Valley's regular team and not win this season.....

They play Walton, GA (ft. Glen Rice Jr, committed to GA Tech and another player from the class of 2010 who has verballed to NC State) tonight in Pikeville at 8 at the Expo Center....

Walton High School (AAAAA) located in Marietta, GA in Cobb County (there is a Walton County,GA just to clarify)

Shelby Valley is probably one of the best teams in the state of Kentucky. I believe there best player is just a junior,, Elisha Justice I believe is his name. He got invited to Billy Donavans elite Florida camp. Shelby Valley has a great gymnasium also. It was a lot of fun having them host our All -Star game last year. From looking at Shelby Valley's early games ,they've been blowing teams out by 40 or 50 points. As far as VA. all-stars I believe Tilee Anderson of Gate City would be a good selection. Eric Bolling from Pound is a huge big man under the glass. Coeburns Andrew Atkins averaged 24 points per game as a junior. Jaycob Coleman from J.I.Burton is a speedy gaurd. Im sure there are others,but replacing Tennis Simon,Ethan Mills, Robert Yonce, Gary Stafford from Lee High will not be easy.:)

Looks like Shelby Valley defeated the boys from Georgia 86-65,according to the info I've gotten. Could it be that you may have talent but if you don't play well as a team, your going to be on the wrong side of the score- board. Shelby Valley is very very good. :)

heck all SV's center has to do is get the ball and he will find someway to score

heck all SV's center has to do is get the ball and he will find someway to score

but there is a team that could possibly beat them from illinois not much bigger than shelby valley there center is 7'1 but they dont play its just a theory

Justice is amazing as a point guard. He made sure this game wasnt close from the beginning, Shelby Valley jumped out ahead and never looked back. Justice also got the assignment of guarding the much taller Glen Rice Jr (6'5) and held him to 2 points through the first 3 quarters. I left and it was a 27 point game so they were calling the dogs off a little bit. Shelby's big man helped as he was bigger than anything Walton had to offer inside BUT Shelby Valley's guard play was amazing tonight IMO. Justice will easily win POY in the 15th and should make a good case for an easy all state pick if they advance a game or so in the sweet 16.

The other kid going to NC State had a decent night as well. Very quick. But when I left Justice had game high scoring honors, as well as holding one of the top shooting guards in the country in check.