Florida-Oklahoma

EH31

So what do you make of the Alabama game?

well maybe that proves my point about Alabama not being as good as advertised. The only true top 25 team that Bama beat was UGA.

Look I have said since Tebow was in high school that he was an extraordinary athlete. I think that he is a great winner in college football. He is a heisman trophy winner and a 2 time national champ...1 as a starter. I think the world of the kid. How many 21 year olds do what he does in his free time. I wished the world were full of people just like him. He is a great winner. Great! Florida and USC are probably the two teams that have the best athletes on them. Their 3rd stringers could start most places in the country. It does help to have that talent around you. PW did have talent around him, not as in abundance. Even with Harvin out, which is a big hit, they still have the tools. PW in last year's Louisville game was won solely by his legs in the fourth. Pat White had a tremendous bowl game this year ( w/o his 300 + and 2 TD they lose) , the gator vs. GA. Tech, and last years Fiesta. I'm not going to go posting his stats vs. Tebows as far as these big games. I can tell you that PW has had less talent around him than Tebow and has won quite a bit. I have watched him be the driving force for many game winning scores or drives. Tebow does this as well I know, but with more help. All I'm saying is that it is easier for Tebow to win....yes even without Harvin.

I'm not saying PW is a better winner, but I think he has a case for it. I think they are both great people and athletes.

Looks like Gman and I are on the same page today...

Anyways, in my honest opinion, Tebow has more toughness which makes him a better winner. PW often found himself on the sideline in tough games nursing an injury, I think thigh bruise, thumb contusion, against Pitt, USF, when his team needed him most. Im no doctor but I think he could have played. I think, no i know, Tim Tebow would have been out there no matter what. And that separates the 2 great athletes for me.

same page....:)

Your right, you are no doctor nor the coach or the Training staff. Unfortunately a lot of people who haven't played football don't know that sometimes it isn't your choice. Depending on your coach and Training staff will determine if you play or not after an injury. It's kind of hard to do what PW was trained to do in the USF game with a bruised thigh, you are quite a bit slower, the thumb injury was on the throwing hand and depending on severity it makes your throws inaccurate and the ability to hold the ball while running more difficult. Jarret Brown is an excellent QB and will do just fine next year. If my Number 1 is not able to do what he does best, why not put someone in who can.

I'd love to see PW behind a Florida O line!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

You make a good point about coming back in, but I just think White isnt the rugged, tough, in your face player Tebow is.

And for the thumb injury, well i can totally understand why a thumb would pose a problem throwing... but you have another hand to carry the football with. Sure you cant carry it on the right side sometimes, but Tebow played with a broken wrist/arm... It can be done. Toughness separates Tebow from almost any college football player including White.

And if this doesnt tell you who Tebow is and how hard he works to win and be a winner, I dont know what does...

http://secfootballblogger.com/2008/12/06/tim-tebow-speech-after-ole-miss-loss-video/

well maybe that proves my point about Alabama not being as good as advertised. The only true top 25 team that Bama beat was UGA.

Look I have said since Tebow was in high school that he was an extraordinary athlete. I think that he is a great winner in college football. He is a heisman trophy winner and a 2 time national champ...1 as a starter. I think the world of the kid. How many 21 year olds do what he does in his free time. I wished the world were full of people just like him. He is a great winner. Great! Florida and USC are probably the two teams that have the best athletes on them. Their 3rd stringers could start most places in the country. It does help to have that talent around you. PW did have talent around him, not as in abundance. Even with Harvin out, which is a big hit, they still have the tools. PW in last year's Louisville game was won solely by his legs in the fourth. Pat White had a tremendous bowl game this year ( w/o his 300 + and 2 TD they lose) , the gator vs. GA. Tech, and last years Fiesta. I'm not going to go posting his stats vs. Tebows as far as these big games. I can tell you that PW has had less talent around him than Tebow and has won quite a bit. I have watched him be the driving force for many game winning scores or drives. Tebow does this as well I know, but with more help. All I'm saying is that it is easier for Tebow to win....yes even without Harvin.

I'm not saying PW is a better winner, but I think he has a case for it. I think they are both great people and athletes.

I agree with you on just about all of those points, and I too would consider Pat White one of the greatest winners to play the game, but I refute the point about Pat White having less talent around him. Just as you can say that he didn't the tools around him that Tim Tebow has, you can also say that he didn't go up against the talent that Tim Tebow competed against. Whether you believe that the SEC is head and shoulders above the others conferences, like I do, it is impossible to dispute that a vast majority of the best talent and most highly touted recruits usually end up somewhere in the SEC. I'm not saying that Pat White couldn't hold his own in the SEC, I'm just saying that while he would be running behind Florida's line he would also be going up against some of the nation's most talented defenses.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

So does this take away from Tebow's accomplishments, or Utah's? Or both?

Tebow broke his hand and kept playing. He hoisted the Heisman trophy with that broken hand and threw 3 td passes while running for another against Michigan in their bowl game. Pat White bruises a thumb, bruises a thigh, and he's out for the game when his team needs him. That right there is what makes Tebow the better player.