Marion vs Grundy

Canes00

Grundy has got to step it up if they have any expectations of even taking the district title. They are young, i understand this....But they have got to win their district games......

I pretty sure Grundy won't be close to a district title this year. To many first year starters, there big man gets in foul trouble and gets tired to easy also. They will be lucky to finish 500 this year.

agreed.

grundy could've played a bit better.

marion seemed pretty good though.

but i think the ref's were a little insane.

i could be wrong.

I know what you mean Poptart.....that one ref looked like Frankenstein and there was one older than my pawpaw and the other one looked like Wimpy off the Popeye cartoons. I think they were insane....Marion probably picked them up at the Crazy House and brought them on the bus with them.

I thought both sets were kind of crazy. Grundy's #10 put a choke hold on one of Marion's players right in front of the ref with no call. Also a Grundy JV boy jumped up and hung on the rim while everyone was lining up for a Marion freethrow with no call. And the girls games were awful. They were allowed to beat each other half to death.

Just some sorry refereeing all night.

Chokehold? haha..if thats' what you want to call getting even then okay. # 40 from Marion..tried to kill every player on the team. Marion is awful, we was having a bad night. If you loose to Richlands in basketball, I wouldn't show attitude on the floor against Grundy, including any other team for that matter. Grundy has another shot, and to top it off, Marion was playing Freshmen boys 90 % of the time. Grundy is an extremely young team. Marion's sportsmanship was ridicoulous. Next time you want to talk about chokeholds, I would look at both sides before I started calling out #'s and blaming ref's. If I had been number 10 it would've been worse.

Chokehold? haha..if thats' what you want to call getting even then okay. # 40 from Marion..tried to kill every player on the team. Marion is awful, we was having a bad night. If you loose to Richlands in basketball, I wouldn't show attitude on the floor against Grundy, including any other team for that matter. Grundy has another shot, and to top it off, Marion was playing Freshmen boys 90 % of the time. Grundy is an extremely young team. Marion's sportsmanship was ridicoulous. Next time you want to talk about chokeholds, I would look at both sides before I started calling out #'s and blaming ref's. If I had been number 10 it would've been worse.

First of all, it is lose and not loose. Nobody said Marion was that good. You are downing Marion because Richlands beat them by four and Marion beat Grundy by 26? What is that saying for Grundy? Marion may have been playing freshman 90% of the time in the jv game. There is no freshman on the varsity team. The refs were bad but it still didn`t change the outcome of the game. Ladiewave, you want to talk about poor sportsmanship? In the boys jv game Marion got fouled. While the players were on their way to their positions a Grundy player jumped up and hung on the rim. A technical foul should have been called but wasn`t. I don`t get bent out of shape over basketball but when I see biased opinions I will give mine as well.

...If I had been number 10 it would've been worse.

Is this your version of sportsmanship? Maybe too much coal dust in the brain? Yes, chokehold. It was right in front of me, your boy laying on top of ours with his arm around the neck and pulling back on the neck. Sounds like a choke hold. But if you will read my post, maybe with someone's help this time, you will see that the main issue I was getting at was the ref not calling something as blatant and obvious as this when it happens right in front of him.