Why Does Everyone have to dog the Mafia

Blues76

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And what do u think the rest of the cheering sections across the nation do?? Duke's Cameron Crazies cheer and yell while the other team is on offense and trying to shoot free throws up until two years ago when they made them move back two rows they use to hit the opposing teams players while they were on the bench and there is no harassment...i dont see how yelling when they r on offense is harassment?? and its not like we single out one person...that would b harassment... i mean it not like they r yelling ou F**k You to the players...We take a flaw or personal trait or something they may do or done during another sport and take that and use it and if we cant laugh @ ourselves then your just retarded...So Honestly shut up its kids trying to have fun...

And what do u think the rest of the cheering sections across the nation do?? Duke's Cameron Crazies cheer and yell while the other team is on offense and trying to shoot free throws up until two years ago when they made them move back two rows they use to hit the opposing teams players while they were on the bench and there is no harassment...i dont see how yelling when they r on offense is harassment?? and its not like we single out one person...that would b harassment... i mean it not like they r yelling ou F**k You to the players...We take a flaw or personal trait or something they may do or done during another sport and take that and use it and if we cant laugh @ ourselves then your just retarded...So Honestly shut up its kids trying to have fun...

They need a team that can back up their Mafia on the court

i honsetly love there student section. I mean i go to graham but i see how they like to have fun and i think thats kinda cool, but our student section sucks i dont even know why we have one they didnt say anything the whole game when we played richlands i was more into richlands student section then ours lol.

I dont think there is anything wrong with the student section. Allthough during the Taz game they did try to single out Tax and get into his head. Duke has the same thing with the Cameron Crazies. Y cant high school students do the same. It would be different if they were cursing and doing things they shouldn't but to cheer like that is fine. They try to get into the other teams head there isn't anything wrong with the Mafia.

i honsetly love there student section. I mean i go to graham but i see how they like to have fun and i think thats kinda cool, but our student section sucks i dont even know why we have one they didnt say anything the whole game when we played richlands i was more into richlands student section then ours lol.

the Graham student section hasnt been the same since the 2003-2004 school year...that was one of the best student sections ever...led by my crazy ass brother and his friends haha

Good Job to the "Mafia" for backing up there team. That's good school spirit, but doing an Indian Chant after Pauley done anything good or bad against them is what makes people hate the "Mafia".

thats what you are supposed to do in a student section...get in the opposing teams heads...they are doing what student sections SHOULD do...do anything and everything to get in peoples heads...

as a member of twin valleys Bleacher Bumz.. theres nothing i love more than a student section to argue back and forth with me across the floor... and about getting in someones head.. singling out players and exagerating there flaws.. thats where the "advantage" part comes out of "home court advantage".. if i attended RHS i would no doubt be a member of the mafia.. like pistol says.. its all about good times and making high school memories. Everyone wants visiting teams to dread coming to play in their gym, and without a student section.. itd be like playing in ur home gym with a different color scheme.. so lay off these guys there just showing school spirit.. and im sure that the RHS basketball team will tell ya that they play better with the mafia at there backs...

Good Job to the "Mafia" for backing up there team. That's good school spirit, but doing an Indian Chant after Pauley done anything good or bad against them is what makes people hate the "Mafia".

yeah i agree. pretty uncalledfor.

If the "Mafia" read and stayed inside the rules for spectators as defined by VHSL they would be fine -- According to VHSL cheering for ones own team is encouraged -- but belittling the opposing team is not. They all could be removed from the game -- and should be when needed.

It is not what they do to support their own that is in question -- but what they say against opposing players is completely inappropriate. Encouraging your own is great and welcomed, but as a RHS graduate it is embarassing to watch at times -- GREAT at times when they are really into the game and supporting their own - but not so great at others. I have watched three home games this year and during each they have violated multiple specific rules as defined by VHSL.

If the "Mafia" read and stayed inside the rules for spectators as defined by VHSL they would be fine -- According to VHSL cheering for ones own team is encouraged -- but belittling the opposing team is not. They all could be removed from the game -- and should be when needed.

It is not what they do to support their own that is in question -- but what they say against opposing players is completely inappropriate. Encouraging your own is great and welcomed, but as a RHS graduate it is embarassing to watch at times -- GREAT at times when they are really into the game and supporting their own - but not so great at others. I have watched three home games this year and during each they have violated multiple specific rules as defined by VHSL.

Dude you might have graduated from richlands but you can't hide where your heart is... YOUR A JEALOUS BULLDOG HAHAHA

seriously dude if you go back and look at ur posting history all you do is kiss the ground that brandon pauley walks on and give updates on what's going on with tazewell so it's pretty obvious that although you may be an RHS alumni your true colors are green and white and you dislike the mafia because they are mean to your precious tazewell stars

I am not talking about getting into the other players head that is fine, but cmon guys there is not need to chant "sexual preference," "thank your mom," and "g-s-t-r-i-n-g" at a basketball game

i think RHS has an awesome student section, they try to get in the opposing teams heads so hopefully there team could win. they support there team and it is great school spirit. and i think the g string and sexual prefrences and thank your mom is just plain out hilarious. it might have nothing to do with basketball but its very funny. a lot of stuff they say is very clever too. IMO "mafia" is just like any other student section across the nation. its called homecourt advantage as some1 said earlier and im sure it gives there team an extra boost

like at the graham richlands game graham fans were sayin somethin like look whose winning and then richlands says at least were straight. you would never expect that and they keep comin with comebacks. graham said after that since when and richlands said since your moms house. its just good comebacks and somethin you wouldnt expect at a basketball game

that may be true it may be fun but its in no appropriate for a basketball game and there are adults who dont care to hear that and younger children who dont need to hear that and it is irrelevant to supporting the team