Why Does Everyone have to dog the Mafia

Blues76

that may be true it may be fun but its in no appropriate for a basketball game and there are adults who dont care to hear that and younger children who dont need to hear that and it is irrelevant to supporting the team

I agree it is completely irrelevant but the student sections going back and forth at each other is also part of the game and it is a ton of fun to think of creative chants like that we mean no harm we r just trying to make some high school memories yes there are people in the stands who don't wanna hear it becuz they r old fogeys and think that high school kids are heathens becuz they chant at least we are straight these very same people also stand up and curse the refs and u will never see the mafia doing that the Richlands fans love the mafia people get excited when the mafia is chanting stuff they want to see us do the rollercoaster and the Richlands players and coaches love the energy that we bring to the gym and they enjoy the funny chants we do

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree it is completely irrelevant but the student sections going back and forth at each other is also part of the game and it is a ton of fun to think of creative chants like that we mean no harm we r just trying to make some high school memories yes there are people in the stands who don't wanna hear it becuz they r old fogeys and think that high school kids are heathens becuz they chant at least we are straight these very same people also stand up and curse the refs and u will never see the mafia doing that the Richlands fans love the mafia people get excited when the mafia is chanting stuff they want to see us do the rollercoaster and the Richlands players and coaches love the energy that we bring to the gym and they enjoy the funny chants we do

i would agree with ya buddy

Dear 8ball

Do you not have anything better to do in your spare time then read the vhsl rulebook? Help us to understand why anyone would think vhsl rules are a good read, intfact you probly have a copy of the rulebook on your nightstand. We would take you seriously if it wasn't for 3 things:

1.) you're old

2.) you love tazwell

3.) you're old

We apologize for singleing you out cause you told us it is against the rules and makes you ashamed to be a richlands alumni, or is that just your love for tazwell, we don't know. So the next time your in richlands why don't you come down and say hey, or do you only express yourself via message board? Oh well

Love in Christ,

The Mafia

Edited by theMAFIA

mafia coming to carroll on saturday?

alot of the mafia guys have to go to a school fund raiser on Saturday so we prolly won't be there. I wish we could come tho. Does carroll have a student section?

seriously dude if you go back and look at ur posting history all you do is kiss the ground that brandon pauley walks on and give updates on what's going on with tazewell so it's pretty obvious that although you may be an RHS alumni your true colors are green and white and you dislike the mafia because they are mean to your precious tazewell stars

there's nothing wrong with richlands' student section. their main objective is to get into peoples heads and it looks like they've been doing a good job of it. this really has been blown out of porportion. i've heard way worse stuff playing in montcalm and big creek and iager..lol

and me being from pocy, i don't agree with you all bringing that up to brandon. but i don't care, and i'm sure he doesn't care, as long as he's putting up 20+ points to beat you guys ;)

theres nothing to be jealous of the richlands basketball team..

Who said anything about the basketball team this topic is about the mafia if u want to dog the Richlands basketball team u can go to a different thread we DO NOT CARE about the basketball teams basketball in the swd is a joke we don't dislike brandon pauley he is a great player but we would love for him to miss a few of those shots so we chant stuff like that the better the player the more they get it from the mafia

Dear 8ball

Do you not have anything better to do in your spare time then read the vhsl rulebook? Help us to understand why anyone would think vhsl rules are a good read, intfact you probly have a copy of the rulebook on your nightstand. We would take you seriously if it wasn't for 3 things:

1.) you're old

2.) you love tazwell

3.) you're old

We apologize for singleing you out cause you told us it is against the rules and makes you ashamed to be a richlands alumni, or is that just your love for tazwell, we don't know. So the next time your in richlands why don't you come down and say hey, or do you only express yourself via message board? Oh well

Love in Christ,

The Mafia

Actually, I live in Richlands -- work in the Richlands area schools and have had most of the Mafia in my class -- and additionally go to church with most of them as well. I read the VHSL rule book because it is something which was required of me to do -- not such a bad read -- I learned somethings.

I support all the county schools -- I love great talent and good sportsmanship. If you read posts from me you will also see me supporting Ahmad when other's were dogging him -- I do have a great respect for Billy Wagner because he has not forgotten where he came from and is giving back to our community in the Second Chance Learning Center -- not to mention what he does for Tazewell Baseball [although most of what that baseball program has does not come from Billy but from the community, the parents, and the hard work of Lou].

My problems with the Mafia are following:

1. Cheering is great -- but when you DUMB yourself out you not only make yourself look bad, but your community and school.

2. Many kids know that many of the Mafia are 'good church going kids', and they are also members of the SCA, class government, school leaders, etc.. So when these kids see the Mafia attacking others [albeit all in fun] they feel that they are given permission to do the same -- also when others see these same church going kids do this they feel that if this is what church is I may not want any of it.

As far as saying 'hey' I speak to many of the Mafia daily -- if you think you will know who I am -- you know my feelings -- I have not hid them.

My love for Tazewell comes through a family that I have been priviledged to know for the last 20 years -- their children are now student athletes at TMS and THS -- and I do go watch them -- but I go watch Richlands alot as well -- this week for instance [last 7 days ]-- I have been at games or matches all week -- and have seen six of the seven district teams --

I guess my disappointment is more in the administration/parents at RHS for not setting and imposing the ground rules for the Mafia -- Kids will be kids and will do all they can get away with - Yes when I was at RHS as a student -- I was a very active student athlete and loved cheering in the crowd - but our administrators would not allow disrespect -- you see the way I see it is to earn respect you must first give it. The Mafia has so many great kids in it and it bothers me that they can't focus on supporting the school -- they have been compared to the Cameron Crazies -- but you will not see the Crazies targeting individual players -- they cheer with the best of them -- better than most -- but they do not single out individuals -- support your team!

Who said anything about the basketball team this topic is about the mafia if u want to dog the Richlands basketball team u can go to a different thread we DO NOT CARE about the basketball teams basketball in the swd is a joke we don't dislike brandon pauley he is a great player but we would love for him to miss a few of those shots so we chant stuff like that the better the player the more they get it from the mafia

You just said you didn't care about Richlands basketball teams. Why do you go to the games then? To be apart of this so called "mafia".

8ball you obviously know nothing about the crazies, before each big game they print up a sheet that lists all the starters and coaches names as well as info about each that can be used to call them out individualy, so yes they do single people out in a more extreme way then the mafia ever has, that's why they are so affective, they get into peoples heads and throw them off

You just said you didn't care about Richlands basketball teams. Why do you go to the games then? To be apart of this so called "mafia".

Because we don't have a Macadoo's, so what else are we going to do on a Friday night?

yea i see where he's coming from.. im constanly checking up on and hardly miss a game of twin valley basketball.. but even if didnt care whether they won or lost.. id still be there.. yelling my loudest even if they were down by 20... kinda like baseball season over here.. haha.. nobody cares.. but we all come...

Actually, I live in Richlands -- work in the Richlands area schools and have had most of the Mafia in my class -- and additionally go to church with most of them as well. I read the VHSL rule book because it is something which was required of me to do -- not such a bad read -- I learned somethings.

I support all the county schools -- I love great talent and good sportsmanship. If you read posts from me you will also see me supporting Ahmad when other's were dogging him -- I do have a great respect for Billy Wagner because he has not forgotten where he came from and is giving back to our community in the Second Chance Learning Center -- not to mention what he does for Tazewell Baseball [although most of what that baseball program has does not come from Billy but from the community, the parents, and the hard work of Lou].

1. Cheering is great -- but when you DUMB yourself out you not only make yourself look bad, but your community and school.

2. Many kids know that many of the Mafia are 'good church going kids', and they are also members of the SCA, class government, school leaders, etc.. So when these kids see the Mafia attacking others [albeit all in fun] they feel that they are given permission to do the same -- also when others see these same church going kids do this they feel that if this is what church is I may not want any of it.

As far as saying 'hey' I speak to many of the Mafia daily -- if you think you will know who I am -- you know my feelings -- I have not hid them.

My love for Tazewell comes through a family that I have been priviledged to know for the last 20 years -- their children are now student athletes at TMS and THS -- and I do go watch them -- but I go watch Richlands alot as well -- this week for instance [last 7 days ]-- I have been at games or matches all week -- and have seen six of the seven district teams --

I guess my disappointment is more in the administration/parents at RHS for not setting and imposing the ground rules for the Mafia -- Kids will be kids and will do all they can get away with - Yes when I was at RHS as a student -- I was a very active student athlete and loved cheering in the crowd - but our administrators would not allow disrespect -- you see the way I see it is to earn respect you must first give it. The Mafia has so many great kids in it and it bothers me that they can't focus on supporting the school -- they have been compared to the Cameron Crazies -- but you will not see the Crazies targeting individual players -- they cheer with the best of them -- better than most -- but they do not single out individuals -- support your team!

But the Cameron Crazies actually have a good team to cheer for...lol

someone mentioned a "jealous bulldog." jealous of what? who cares if richlands has a student section? it's cool you're having fun, and i'm not tryin to down ya on that. and its pretty cool you're doin it. but it's not a competition. the game is played on the court, not in the stands. i'll be alright with richlands calling themselves the best student section around as long as they're getting beat in the game.

Thank You @least You People Understand its to get into the other teams heads we didnt single tax out we all just know him from baseball and the indian chant from pauley was hilarious and like wen we played grundy we were doing the OOOOOOOOOO thing wen a player for grundy was about to sit down and he stood there and laughed @ us and sipped his water like it was wine finally we just stopped so even the other team gets a kick out of it tax laughed @ us @ the end of the game

And Ur Freakin Right 8Ball It is a lil Childish BUT OmG U Old Fart We're Teenagers we're gonna b stupid and childish w/ our chants And what lil kid as never used the comeback Your Mom Honestly

Dear 8ball,

In an earlier post you said that you lived in Tazewell but graduated from Richlands. But in this thread you said you lived in Richlands. Why do you change your home town in different threads? Are you really a Richlands graduate or are you confused about that too?

Dear 8ball,

In an earlier post you said that you lived in Tazewell but graduated from Richlands. But in this thread you said you lived in Richlands. Why do you change your home town in different threads? Are you really a Richlands graduate or are you confused about that too?

No I definately graduated from Richlands -- and I do own property in Tazewell which I was living in from May 2008 - December 2008 -- I was renovating my family home -- I decided to move out and make the redo easier [if that's possible] and I back home in Richlands area just a few days before Christmas --