Michael Jordan's son gets basketball scholarship

tbgfan

No way, shape, or form should he get help over anyone else financially or educationally for playing basketball. He has just taken away a scholarship from someone who is trying to get into college who couldn't afford it.

No way, shape, or form should he get help over anyone else financially or educationally for playing basketball. He has just taken away a scholarship from someone who is trying to get into college who couldn't afford it.

If they want to call it an honarary scholarship so that he is recognized as a scholarship player, then fine.

Why didn't the coaches look at that and say.....we could use that on a recruit that needs it.

I know it's an honor to make it as a scholly player, but come on.

hes not his dad...he earned it just like any other student would have to..i remember they had highlights of him on sportscenter a few times and he is a pretty good ball player..he worked for what he achieved

wait, so now we're going to also take a person's family's financial situation into consideration when offering athletic scholarships? i can see that one now:

coach: well son, we'd love to have you come play ball at (insert college here), but since your parents make $x, you'll have to walk on so we can save the college a few bucks. nevermind that your athletic talent (should you and our team prove to be successful) could bring help bring in millions for our university and its athletic program. fact is, son, your folks are well off and we want to save scholarships for poor folks.

are you serious? come on, now.

If that's the case the Tyler Hans., Gerald Wilkins , Jeremiah Rivers , Mike Dunleavy, Grant Hill, Gerald Henderson, Pat Ewing Jr., Anthony Mason Jr. etc.. should have never accepted their scholaships either huh.

if the kid is good enough to earn it, good for him...dont cry because his dad has more money than Oprah...he's trying to do things on his own and earn it...can't slight the kid for that.

if the kid is good enough to earn it, good for him...dont cry because his dad has more money than Oprah...he's trying to do things on his own and earn it...can't slight the kid for that.

I idolized MJ growing up. I would love to see him continue playing somehow even impossible. I was just saying that if he earned it, call it a scholly or whatever, but couldn't they use that for someone who needed like a walkon who is working equally as hard or something.

That's ture! If MJ wanted to throw money around for him to play ball then his son would be down in Chapel Hill playing....