Pat White

fieldgeneral

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched him in the 7-on-7 drill and in squad scrimmage two days ago and wasn't impressed with his passing and neither were any of the commentators. He threw behind, high, and every which way that was not good. He threw one touchdown pass that was made by an incredible catch from Turner out of USC.

I think he's going to be drafted by Miami to help run the wildcat. The announcers say he's doing a real good job and says he has a pretty strong arm. I look for him to play WR, but when Miami is in the wildcat, he will more than likley play QB.

Thats what I see as well. Although, I see Miami drafting a big name receiver. Ginn really hasn't shown up yet (even though I think he will at some point) and they can use a big time guy. Either trade for one already in the league or draft a highly touted receiver that is free at their spot.

Watched him in the 7-on-7 drill and in squad scrimmage two days ago and wasn't impressed with his passing and neither were any of the commentators. He threw behind, high, and every which way that was not good. He threw one touchdown pass that was made by an incredible catch from Turner out of USC.

Everyone has their opinions and the nay sayers are the ones he thrives off of. He can make the throws. I wasn't too sure of that until the bowl game. I have seen the ability but consitency is the only thing that I was worried about. Some team will give him a shot and those who past him up may be sorry. He has "it." He is a winner and will continue doing so. Whether he gets in Miami and plays a hybrid type position or reciever or QB, he will succeed.

It looks like Miami will be drafting a OLB or a CB right now with there first pick. We got the AFL 2 Time defensive player of the year signed a week or so ago (Cameron Wake). So i'm thinking we go CB with our first pick...

Or we make try Raji from B.C. in the 1st round...

who knows

4-9 for 63 yds passing, 1 TD

3 carries for 31 yards rushing

If it doesn't sound too wonderful, consider he only played 1/3 of the game.

Named MVP of the game too! I thought he looked good and it seems that the commentators liked him today. I guess you saw one or two bad plays and made your assumptions. Watch him for four years and you will understand.

No, actually, I watched the entire 7-on-7 in-squad drill they did on Wednesday. To prove it I'll tell you how Carr, the receiver from FSU, dropped seemingly ever pass thrown his way and also every quarterback, whether it was Wilson, Harper or White, seemed to ignore the fact that there was a tightend able to throw to. So I'll stick to what I said, general, as you seem to doubt everything.

Having said that, I still don't believe Pat White will be a qb in the NFL, EXCEPT if he is drafted by a team that runs the wildcat, such as Miami..and only then would he take snaps maybe once or twice a game. White is ranked among many analysts draft prospect rankings as a receiver, and rightfully so. His body, speed, and ability to move in the open field makes him an easy choice for that position. I, along with the top draft analysts, see that White doesn't have the consistency nor the size to do well as a qb in the NFL. Sure, he showed A LITTLE promise throwing the ball but nowhere close to enough to what was expected out of the newly improved upgraded passing of the WVU offense. If he could have built his passing tools in his college career a little more to be a better pro quarterback prospect, maybe this discussion would go a little bit more your way, general, but he was too busy building his stock as a wide receiver and having the Reds and Angels draft him to be their centerfielder.

No, actually, I watched the entire 7-on-7 in-squad drill they did on Wednesday. To prove it I'll tell you how Carr, the receiver from FSU, dropped seemingly ever pass thrown his way and also every quarterback, whether it was Wilson, Harper or White, seemed to ignore the fact that there was a tightend able to throw to. So I'll stick to what I said, general, as you seem to doubt everything.

Having said that, I still don't believe Pat White will be a qb in the NFL, EXCEPT if he is drafted by a team that runs the wildcat, such as Miami..and only then would he take snaps maybe once or twice a game. White is ranked among many analysts draft prospect rankings as a receiver, and rightfully so. His body, speed, and ability to move in the open field makes him an easy choice for that position. I, along with the top draft analysts, see that White doesn't have the consistency nor the size to do well as a qb in the NFL. Sure, he showed A LITTLE promise throwing the ball but nowhere close to enough to what was expected out of the newly improved upgraded passing of the WVU offense. If he could have built his passing tools in his college career a little more to be a better pro quarterback prospect, maybe this discussion would go a little bit more your way, general, but he was too busy building his stock as a wide receiver and having the Reds and Angels draft him to be their centerfielder.

He wasn't busy trying to do either of those. The system that he played in as well as being a tremendous athlete did that for him. I agree he has tons of work to start in the NFL, but only because of the system he played in. His offensive line and running because of the line and lack of short yardage back really hurt their passing game. When the line did their job like the bowl game his passing game was as good as anyone elses. He proved again that he is a winner and a tool worth using last night. He also proved as NFL coaches said and analyst said that he has a shot at it. Give him time, he might get some time in at another position, but he'll play QB one day in the NFL. I'd love to see him play baseball as well, but QB's don't seem to do that role, but we neve know.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
but he'll play QB one day in the NFL.

Not unless he is with the Dolphins.

When his line did their job? How about when White did his job? He was actually consistent and made good throws in the bowl game. I love how when White can't make a throw it's his line that gets the blame, however he can run all over the place with blocks leading the way and nothing is wrong with the line then. And when he throws for 300 yards it's the line doing their job. White is known as the best running quarterback in the history of college football, and knowing that, if his "line wasn't doing their job", he should have scrambled out, bought time, and then threw the ball. However, who knows if that throw would have been high, behind, short or MAYBE even possibly hitting his receivers.

just wins ball games and is a great human being...no thug in him...was raised ( or it seems) the way people should be raised with manners and an appreciation of everything he is given...whether he plays qb or not...he will be on an nfl roster and continue to be a winner on and off the field.

When his line did their job? How about when White did his job? He was actually consistent and made good throws in the bowl game. I love how when White can't make a throw it's his line that gets the blame, however he can run all over the place with blocks leading the way and nothing is wrong with the line then. And when he throws for 300 yards it's the line doing their job. White is known as the best running quarterback in the history of college football, and knowing that, if his "line wasn't doing their job", he should have scrambled out, bought time, and then threw the ball. However, who knows if that throw would have been high, behind, short or MAYBE even possibly hitting his receivers.

The line is where it all starts. White did his job. He had numerous drops this year. He also had little to no run support except on occasions like the Auburn game. The line was inconsistent and he was forced to change from his style of running offense to a passing offense. The line was forced to change to a different style of blocking as well. There were many factors this year that caused some of these things, but without the change of offense, Pat isn't being looked at for QB at all. Pat White will play QB somewhere and yes tail it may be other than Miami. The Panthers have set up meetings with Mr. White. I agree with RAiders that it's possible he will play another position, but he will continue to do what he does: win and be respectful doing it. The offense he ran this year was new and he at times, I thought tried to let the play happen longer than he should. This is something that he is learning. He isn't ready right now to start in the NFL as a QB, but he will be. You can knock anything he hasn't done in your mind, but I've watched every game of his career including the senior bowl. Last night he threw one just over the finger tips of his reciever, however the reciever let up and didn't even attempt to lay out for the ball.

I read an article earlier last week written by one of the "draft experts" and they said Pat White could have detrimentally hurt his draft stock by not taking any reps at wide receiver or kick returner. It is obvious that he might have shown a little hope in playing QB at the next level on Saturday, but I think he could've risen his stock even more should he had participated thoughout the week at other positions on the field. I'm not saying that he won't be successful at the next level, I'm just saying he could probably make a lot more money starting out in the NFL had he shown some promise at the other positions.

Guest JJBrickface

If I was an NFL scout or GM I would love the fact that a player would try out for the position he has been playing his whole life instead of switching positions because a so called "expert" recommended me to do so. I think it shows qualities such as confidence and work ethic that is required to be a good QB. Now at the end of the day he has to prove himself but that has been Pat White's whole career at WVU, from Georgia and Oklahoma to his senior year where he improved his passing.

I read an article earlier last week written by one of the "draft experts" and they said Pat White could have detrimentally hurt his draft stock by not taking any reps at wide receiver or kick returner. It is obvious that he might have shown a little hope in playing QB at the next level on Saturday, but I think he could've risen his stock even more should he had participated thoughout the week at other positions on the field. I'm not saying that he won't be successful at the next level, I'm just saying he could probably make a lot more money starting out in the NFL had he shown some promise at the other positions.

I hope he proves you experts wrong...he deserves to do well unlike some pro athletes.

I hope he proves you experts wrong...he deserves to do well unlike some pro athletes.

Please explain to me where I claimed to be an expert or where I said that I believed the experts knew everything. Don't kill yourself looking because it isn't there. If you could read you would see that I purposely used quotations around "draft experts" to show sarcasm in the sense that these guys get paid a lot of money to make assumptions of a kid's future and are habitually wrong in most cases.

Also, where did I say that Pat White wouldn't be an NFL quarterback? Again, don't stare at the computer screen too hard and try to make something that absolutely isn't there either. I was making a point that should Pat White have proven he could play a multitude of positions on the field at the next level then it would only make him a more complete and sought after draft prospect. If he did that then teams would know for certain that they were checking out a hybrid player who could impact the game in more ways than one, but because he stayed put at quarterback they now only have speculation.

But in closing, I really hope Pat White becomes the next John Elway for all of you Kool-aid drinking WVU fans on this board. I'm sure White loses a lot of sleep at night knowing he can't let any one of you down!

Please explain to me where I claimed to be an expert or where I said that I believed the experts knew everything. Don't kill yourself looking because it isn't there. If you could read you would see that I purposely used quotations around "draft experts" to show sarcasm in the sense that these guys get paid a lot of money to make assumptions of a kid's future and are habitually wrong in most cases.

Also, where did I say that Pat White wouldn't be an NFL quarterback? Again, don't stare at the computer screen too hard and try to make something that absolutely isn't there either. I was making a point that should Pat White have proven he could play a multitude of positions on the field at the next level then it would only make him a more complete and sought after draft prospect. If he did that then teams would know for certain that they were checking out a hybrid player who could impact the game in more ways than one, but because he stayed put at quarterback they now only have speculation.

But in closing, I really hope Pat White becomes the next John Elway for all of you Kool-aid drinking WVU fans on this board. I'm sure White loses a lot of sleep at night knowing he can't let any one of you down!

You love to throw a knock down WVU's way or throw some crap anytime we post a WVU thread, now your a supporter? Thanks.

I can't remember Hokie07 ever "knocking down" or "throwing crap

anytime a WVU thread is started. And he never said he was a supporter of White, he just never said he wouldn't be a quarterback and that he had hurt his draft status, according to one analyst, by not taking reps at receiver. You, general, are the one at fault here.

I can't remember Hokie07 ever "knocking down" or "throwing crap

anytime a WVU thread is started. And he never said he was a supporter of White, he just never said he wouldn't be a quarterback and that he had hurt his draft status, according to one analyst, by not taking reps at receiver. You, general, are the one at fault here.

Ok, didn't know that you had all previous posts remembered, but hey it's cool. Anyway, no fault here, he was over touchy because another guy disagreed with him. Throwing lines like, if you could read. That's silly and childish.

I didnt say anything about qb I would like him to get a shot at qb, however i just hope he does well as he deserves to do well as a good young man....many cases in college athletics we see poor examples he happen to be a good one and happens to be on my team. However many others are just as deserving such as tebow when he comes out...I apologize i missed the quotes and you are right about that.....I am really not too concerned with what you think and I am sure pat white does not care what I think so i guess we can move on....now how I am going to sleep tonight. ;)