This is what I call leadership....

bucfan64

Birth Control Will Help The Economy

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi boldly defended a move to add birth control funding to the new economic "stimulus" package, claiming "contraception will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government."

Pelosi, the mother of 5 children and 6 grandchildren, who once said, "Nothing in my life will ever, ever compare to being a mom," seemed to imply babies are somehow a burden on the treasury.

The revelation came during an exchange Sunday morning on ABC's THIS WEEK.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Hundreds of millions of dollars to expand family planning services. How is that stimulus?

PELOSI: Well, the family planning services reduce cost. They reduce cost. The states are in terrible fiscal budget crises now and part of what we do for children's health, education and some of those elements are to help the states meet their financial needs. One of those - one of the initiatives you mentioned, the contraception, will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government.

STEPHANOPOULOS: So no apologies for that?

PELOSI: No apologies. No. we have to deal with the consequences of the downturn in our economy.

Developing...

"Sounds like Class Genocide to me?!?!?!?"

http://www.drudgereport.com/flashpbc.htm

Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi boldly defended a move to add birth control funding to the new economic "stimulus" package, claiming "contraception will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government."

Pelosi, the mother of 5 children and 6 grandchildren, who once said, "Nothing in my life will ever, ever compare to being a mom," seemed to imply babies are somehow a burden on the treasury.

STEPHANOPOULOS: Hundreds of millions of dollars to expand family planning services. How is that stimulus?

PELOSI: Well, the family planning services reduce cost. They reduce cost. The states are in terrible fiscal budget crises now and part of what we do for children's health, education and some of those elements are to help the states meet their financial needs. One of those - one of the initiatives you mentioned, the contraception, will reduce costs to the states and to the federal government.

PELOSI: No apologies. No. we have to deal with the consequences of the downturn in our economy.

Developing...

How is offering contraceptives class genocide? You don't want people to have abortions, you don't want the government to hand out money to help families, but you also don't want the government to aid people in getting birth control?

It makes sense to me. Make contraception available to low-income families...they have fewer unwanted children...the state pays less welfare to these families.

Or am I completely missing your point?

Edited by BigBlueAlum

How is offering contraceptives class genocide? You don't want people to have abortions, you don't want the government to hand out money to help families, but you also don't want the government to aid people in getting birth control?

It makes sense to me. Make contraception available to low-income families...they have fewer unwanted children...the state pays less welfare to these families.

aren't condoms and birth control pills already available for anyone at local health departments?

aren't condoms and birth control pills already available for anyone at local health departments?

I'm sure they are...but what else would she be talking about when she says contraceptives in the economic stimulus package? This is the first I have heard about this and the article in the original post is unclear about that she means by putting these things in to the package.

Either way...I don't see how that is class genocide.

Maybe some one can explain it a little more to me because I think I'm missing something.

By Class Genocide, I am referring to organizations such as Planned Parenthood and other pro Abortion organizations that have a long standing history of promoting abortions among poverty stricken segments of society.

This is no secret, these organizations have used a variety of names for several years to promote their ideolgy regarding Eugenics. It is widely believed by many of these supporters that if "lower class" people are limited in their procreation that it would benefit the whole of humanity.

Look up the word Eugenics and investigate for yourself, if you question my comments. Furthermore, it is very unclear how contraceptives could help stimulate the economy. I could think of several more reasons or ways that the economy cold be stimulated, this reason however is very controversial.

Personally, I do not think that being anti-abortion and opposing this element of the stimulus package is confusing. I firmly believe in responsiblity of the individual and if society would put pressure on individuals to be more conformitive and less humanistic we wouldn't be having these problems to begin with.

Even the Democrat George STEPHANOPOULOS sees the problem when he says " Hundreds of millions of dollars to expand family planning services. How is that stimulus? "

Here is what Hitler said about the American Eugenics Movement-

"I have studied with great interest," he told a fellow Nazi, "the laws of several American states concerning prevention of reproduction by people whose progeny would, in all probability, be of no value or be injurious to the racial stock."

Here is the beginning of a CBS NEWS article regarding Eugenics.

CBS) One of the deep, dark secrets of America's past has finally come to light. Starting in the early 1900s, hundreds of thousands of American children were warehoused in institutions by state governments. And the federal government did nothing to stop it.

The justification? The kids had been labeled feeble-minded, and were put away in conditions that can only be described as unspeakable.

Now, a new book, “The State Boys Rebellion,†by Michael D'Antonio, reveals even more: A large proportion of the kids who were locked up were not retarded at all. They were simply poor, uneducated kids with no place to go, who ended up in institutions like the Fernald School in Waltham, Mass.

For rest of article click here

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2004/04/29/60minutes/main614728.shtml

What we are witnessing in America is the beginning of a Governmental change unlike any that we have ever seen, using contraceptives as part of this so called stimulus package is very close to population control and trust me it is not going to be UPPER CLASS SOCIAL ELITES that will be aborting children. It will however, be the lower class, the WORKING CLASS that will "benefit" from this part of the stimulus package.

This may sound conspiratorial, but there are many elements to this movement that cannot be denied. There are several books, videos and literature availiable not to mention websites that show the roots and background of this movement.

Some Sources

http://www.waragainsttheweak.com/

I don't agree with everything in this book, but still a good source

http://hnn.us/articles/1796.html

Very interesting document from a reliable websource

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-agin/black-and-white-in-americ_b_160630.html

Black and White in America III: From Eugenics to Madness

later

Why should it be the JOB OF THE GOVERNMENT TO FIX all of these problems mentioned above? Therein is the problem, we need to stop expecting THE NANNY STATE to take care of everything for us.

It's not the governments job to do these things! The founding fathers never expected the federal government to turn into BIG BROTHER!

Why should it be the JOB OF THE GOVERNMENT TO FIX all of these problems mentioned above? Therein is the problem, we need to stop expecting THE NANNY STATE to take care of everything for us.

It's not the governments job to do these things! The founding fathers never expected the federal government to turn into BIG BROTHER!

Aren't they only making it available? Its not like they're enforcing birth control or spaying/neutering all of us in our sleep..

If you would see some of the children that come out of the homes of people that should have never had children in the first place then you may think other wise. My parents are now foster parents of two beautiful girls (20 months and 4 years) that were pulled from a home where they were malnourished and neglected, not to mention the ramped drug use going on in the house.

But...you're right...who cares? It isn't the Government's problem, right? We shouldn't help prevent unwanted children, but we also shouldn't help take care of the unwanted children once they are born either.

Because those innocent children you talk about when you mention abortion are suffering beyond belief in the homes of people that never wanted them.

Developing...

just lmao

just lmao

That's pretty much my thoughts.

Stay classy, Pelosi. You should be pandering this upon the masses under the guise of compassion than spreading it as economic relief. Just when I think the Democratic leaders can't do anything else to surprise me, they use human life as virtual chattel. Party of compassion, my a**.

"Family planning money may be dropped"......

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20090127/D95V83N81.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The provision has emerged as a point of contention among Republicans, who criticize it as an example of wasteful spending that would neither create jobs nor otherwise improve the economy.

While the debate surrounding the overall impact of the measure pits economists and their statistics against one another, Republicans quickly seized on the family planning money as evidence that the Democrats were advancing an agenda that went beyond the economy.

"How you can spend hundreds of millions of dollars on contraceptives how does that stimulate the economy?" House Republican Leader John Boehner, R-Ohio said on Friday after congressional leaders met with Obama at the White House. "You can go through a whole host of issues that have nothing to do with growing jobs in America and helping people keep their jobs."

By contrast, the White House-backed bill includes about $550 billion in spending and $250 billion in tax cuts.

"I don't see how that's possible," said Sen. Thad Cochran of Mississippi, top Republican on the Senate Appropriations Committee. "They'll be just pouring money down on the ground if they achieve that goal."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it so hard to see why I vote Republican 90% of the time, even if I don't like the candidate choice?