so what do yall think of the area windmill idea?

buzzsawBeaver

windmills in the area  

44 members have voted

1. 1. windmills in the area

I love our quiet community also and I think that there is nothing wrong with quieter simplier places but by the same token I am tired of everytime there is any sort of change we have 30 townhall meetings opposing it and everyone ho humms around doesnt want to act while Russell County and Wythe County are acting then we set back and wonder why we have nothing to keep our decent young people here. I graduated 10 years ago and almost no one from my class is back here working and living the only ones who live around here are either in jail or on drugs. We need to quit stopping progress at every corner, that being said I am not entirely sure the windmills are the type of progress that we want.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do people really oppose locally that those in wythe county or russell county don't, honest ? because I'm not certain? It is warranted to consider that wythe county has 2 major Eastern interstates intersecting in there, there's simply a lot more business to be had, as with princeton and 77, it has a lot more business opportunities than bluefield unless bluefield were to build up the area at the tunnel.

Windmills will do nothing for the area from an employment perspective, facts show most windfarms have 2 lower wage employees for maintenance hired locally, which is janitorial or mowing or something simple, per 50 windmills. Any other job is highly technical and from the company elsewhere, people who go from windfarm to windfarm throughout the East. This does nothing for the community, they don't reduce the cost of local utilities or power, and if people are really concerned about community they should consider how much windmills "devalue the land" around them.

If these are so profitable for communities why don't these people want them in their backyards, or along the populated Eastern shore which have much more consistent winds from the atlantic? Considering it from a business perspective, when did these big populated metropolitan regions ever turn down a good regional business deal, when did big city politicians ever turn down such "opportunities" for their big cities?

There's a reason they're attempting to push these off on small rural populations.

If they're built here they won't come down in you or your children's lifetime.

They would be built at the mountain and wildlife and community's "expense", not benefit, people would be wise to consider this idea with their heads not with their hearts.

You seem to realize this isn't wise yourself.

Great post buzzsaw!

Won't this just really improve our lives here:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKkTUY2slYQ&feature=related

Edited by ghstoga