TV @ Hurley

hokiepanther

How do you guys think the panthers will fair against the rebels without Garrett Horne at the point?

won't make a difference....Rick Goodman spent more time on the floor Friday night than Horne did. Suit him up in a XXXXXL jersey and watch him handle the rock!

yea im feelin panthers by at least 10, burniston is a great athlete and does a great job of bringing the ball down.. so yea im with porchy on this one.. no upset.. even w/o horne.. and if council beats honaker again.. then it wont matter if hurley wins by 100.. panthers still hold strong to the BDD Dynasty..

ONLY IN HURLEY.. can you see 2 ballgames and a ufc pride fight for 5 bucks... haha anyone who was there knows what im sayin.. but panthers win easy.. best inside game i've seen em play all year.. if they do that every game.. theres not a team ive seen that can beat them.. outstanding game from keen, simpson, and smith.. great job guys oh and congratulations.. 5 STRAIGHT REGULAR SEASON TITLES!!! Keepin the Dynasty alive!!

Good win by the Panthers, great to win 5 straight titles! The guys played hard last night and it paid off--congratulations!

Just one thing though, why didn't guys rip their shirts off like. . . .well, you know

It was a good game. I really think the VHSL needs to review their refs though. I think there should be a VHSL representative at every basketball game. Then maybe the refs won't be so dirty. Now let me clarify that not all refs are crooked but you learn pretty fast which ones are ( you know who you are). I think the BDD tournament should be changed from Hurley. A fight broke out a guy stripped his shirt off on the gym floor and mind you little kids was everywhere when it took like 3 deputies to get the man out of the gym..

i agree.. if they cant even get along with each other over there, how can they be expected to get along with the rest of the district.. i personally think riverview elem. would be a great place for the bdd tournament.. its no one's home floor so no one gets an advantage, and there is plenty of seating room..

The BDD tourney should be changed form Hurley becasue of a fight. I guess there isn't anywhere else that a fight can break out..Just goes to show you that 2 people can make a whole community look bad. I guess TV has great fans. Thats why its always always the refs faught when they are in a close game or when they lose jsut like they did against Honaker...Why would you need someone to review the game at Hurley. You guys won by 20 points...I guess it should have been 40...lol

It was a good game. I really think the VHSL needs to review their refs though. I think there should be a VHSL representative at every basketball game. Then maybe the refs won't be so dirty. Now let me clarify that not all refs are crooked but you learn pretty fast which ones are ( you know who you are). I think the BDD tournament should be changed from Hurley. A fight broke out a guy stripped his shirt off on the gym floor and mind you little kids was everywhere when it took like 3 deputies to get the man out of the gym..

I'm sorry, I didn't know that people from other places never fight. Suggesting the tournament should be moved over a fight is crazy. Most people think the tourney is the best when it is held at Hurley because of the hospitality and plus we have one of the nicer gyms in the district, even though its not the one we use regularly. So, get over it and be ready to play!

great hospitality. Just 20 minutes from TVHS.. Fights are gonna happen.. i reckon the law did their job and had them out of there in just a few minutes. I remember a couple fights in the stands at several schools, even a tear gas bomb let off at a lpd semi final game many years ago. It cleared the building and had rescue squads taking ppl to the hospital. I'm sure that Sheriff Ray with have his guys out in force.. Hurley would probably be the safest place to play now!! IMO..

great hospitality. Just 20 minutes from tvhs.. Fights are gonna happen.. I reckon the law did their job and had them out of there in just a few minutes. I remember a couple fights in the stands at several schools, even a tear gas bomb let off at a lpd semi final game many years ago. it cleared the building and had rescue squads taking ppl to the hospital. I'm sure that sheriff ray with have his guys out in force.. Hurley would probably be the safest place to play now!! Imo..

Wow!!! That must have been some game.

i remember seeing a guy jerk a coat over another fellows head while sitting in the stands and thumped on his head till a security guard got to him... i'd never seen a big guard move so fast, the crowd parted and the game stopped as the players and refs watched!! Does anyone remember this one??? hahahaha...

ok.. i retract all comments about hurley.. lol god man thats a die-hard fan.. to set off a freakin tear gas bomb.. but on the subject of the officiating.. the refs werent all that bad at hurley.. but anyone can tell you how bad they were at the tv vs. honaker game.. and not just against tv.. they didnt call right for either side.. aside from (edited by mod).. he called a pretty good game.. and (edited by mod).. wasnt so bad either.. but i think (edited by mod).. got upset when he had to T' up Goodman in the girls game or sumthin.. and it was all down hill from there

Edited by bucfan64

Guest BB_TWEEDER

Let me put my input on that! I dont think one man should make them change the location of the turny! It was one man, not Hurley all together... He has been banned from games so that shouldnt be a problem.... Thats completly ignorant to change the location becasue of ONE man...

Guest BB_TWEEDER

They was fighting over a incident a few years back.... I mean thats stupid enough, but ever more stupid is that they had already fought over the same incident one time befor .. maybe two times already?... Its over adultry (Spell check?) hahah One guy commited adultry with the others wife lol

he grabbed it off of a county deputy!! I dont know why they carried them then. Crowd controll i guess.. hahaha . but you might raise the question on the LPD board if its still going... Those guys would remember..

i was there it was 1975. Burton and JJK was warming up in front of a standing room only crowd when it went crazy. Burton i think won the state that year!