WVU/Nova

vthokies4life

Guest JJBrickface

That is true but you must also look at it from the other view point. Since UNC has other weapons that means the opposing teams defenses have to key on those guys. With Notre Dame they prepare to stop Harangody.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyler Hansbrough also has Ty Lawson, Wayne Ellington and Danny Green who are all averaging around 15 points a game (15, 15, 14), and Deon Thompson is also averaging double digits every game too (11). Aside from the two players in this discussion, UNC has 2 more players that reach double digits every night. Carolina has more than a few players that can light it up on any given night so Hansbrough doesn't always get the number of touches that he needs and deserves. As for his rebounding, he stands at an average of 7, which is also what Deon Thompson and Ed Davis average too. Notre Dame's next highest rebounder stands at 5. Harangody also averages 5 more minutes a game than what Hansbrough does.

I'm not trying to disprove anything you said JJ, I just think that if you if concentrate solely on numbers and ignore some other factors then you don't get a true representation of stats.

Not starting junk hokie, but doesn't that make him a better player than some give him credit for. If he doesn't have the weapons around him to take some of the defensive pressure off of him, you would think the defense would be geared to stop him and lower his numbers. Most teams defense is set up to stop or slow him down and defend their 3 ball. I just think that since Hansborough has those other great tools around him, that it would make his life easier, although we know TH works his tail off.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
Not starting junk hokie, but doesn't that make him a better player than some give him credit for. If he doesn't have the weapons around him to take some of the defensive pressure off of him, you would think the defense would be geared to stop him and lower his numbers. Most teams defense is set up to stop or slow him down and defend their 3 ball. I just think that since Hansborough has those other great tools around him, that it would make his life easier, although we know TH works his tail off.

I think he makes life easier for others by drawing defenders. And if there is one thing we know about Psycho T, its that he can beat 1,2,3 men. He thrives on drawing the fouls, and with 4-6 arms its easier. lately its rare if Tyler gets 10 shots a game it seems, while Harangody throws up 25 on most occasions.

I think if Tyler was the go to guy like earlier in his career we would see more of those 40+ point performances, he seems to always carry the team on his back. Both players are good, but only one deserves 1st team all america, Hansbrough. Harangody will go 2nd team probably.

Edited by BEAVERTAIL

I think he makes life easier for others by drawing defenders. And if there is one thing we know about Psycho T, its that he can beat 1,2,3 men. He thrives on drawing the fouls, and with 4-6 arms its easier. lately its rare if Tyler gets 10 shots a game it seems, while Harangody throws up 25 on most occasions.

I think if Tyler was the go to guy like earlier in his career we would see more of those 40+ point performances, he seems to always carry the team on his back. Both players are good, but only one deserves 1st team all america, Hansbrough. Harangody will go 2nd team probably.

I agree that Hans is a much more complete player. Harangody is very old school in my mind, but it's fine. Harangody tries to do too much at times, but who else is going to do it, when the others are off. At WVU, noone was hitting the second half, and he fired up some ugly threes later in the 2nd half. He's the team's best player and their go to guy. He should get the majority of the shots. His supporting cast should step up , but haven't this year as in the past couple.

Harangody is by far not overrated, his team is.

Im not sold on Harangody.

He takes around 25 shots a game.

I figured it out. Yeah, he puts up good numbers and everything like that. But the problem with Harangody is simply this: his eyes are too close together and it makes him look like a cabbage patch kid. Since he looks funny, I have a tough time having respect for him. Haha, that's just me though....

Guest JJBrickface

Seth Curry is also a player that throws up a lot of shots a game but he is the second coming of Christ.

Like Knight says, I like Curry's passing and court vision better than his shooting. He finds players and squeezes in balls that not many other people can. Although his shooting his pretty on point, I think his ability to see a shot and find where he can get open to take such shots is better than his accuracy itself.