WVU/Nova

vthokies4life

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good win top 6 schedule and rpi of 15 and going up in both categories. NO bad losses as of yet thus things looking good for eers after last nights victory. Butler was lights out with highest point total in the big east since 02-03.

WVU was great last night. Great ball handling, great ball movement. Butler was unbelieveable last night. Second most points in BE since 02-03. WVU needs a big win this week against a ND team that was struggling and had a big win against the Lou. WVU showed last night that they belong in the tournament.

The one thing that usually dooms the Eers is when one of their few scorers gets into foul trouble. There are really only about 3-4 players on this team that can truly go out and put up some points. These being Butler, Ruoff, Truck, and possibly Devin Ebanks, as he has started to show his true abilities off. I believe this kid could be something special in a few years. Their defense has been great all year long, and I think that will carry them deep into both tourneys. It would help too if Butler could put up 40+ every night.

The one thing that usually dooms the Eers is when one of their few scorers gets into foul trouble. There are really only about 3-4 players on this team that can truly go out and put up some points. These being Butler, Ruoff, Truck, and possibly Devin Ebanks, as he has started to show his true abilities off. I believe this kid could be something special in a few years. Their defense has been great all year long, and I think that will carry them deep into both tourneys. It would help too if Butler could put up 40+ every night.

You are 100% correct. Ebanks is coming into his own and getting some confidence. He will be a big help the remainder of this season and the tournament. He can rebound and is now becoming a threat to score. His lengthy arms and legs make him a tough defender. Next year will be a great year for him, however, I think he will be the key to the rest of the season. Butler, Ruoff, and Truck have to score and make scoring opportunities. They have to stay out of foul trouble, but this guy gives them a fourth scoring threat. WVU doesn't have a deep bench. So, If the freshman can step up, WVU could win 1 or 2.

Until the high profile players of WVU can stay out of foul trouble and until they have a definite, consistent post man, they won't be anything special. They are a "middle of the road" team, and nothing more. Butler is legit. As for anyone else, they aren't anything special.

Until the high profile players of WVU can stay out of foul trouble and until they have a definite, consistent post man, they won't be anything special. They are a "middle of the road" team, and nothing more. Butler is legit. As for anyone else, they aren't anything special.

LOL, Ebanks is a very special player and is finally coming in to his own. WVU is a team in the middle of the BE which happens to be the toughest conference in college basketball. They knocked off a very good Villanova team last week and it will be interesting if they can do it twice against an up and down ND team. WVU went to the elite 8 and sweet sixteen without a consistent "post" man. They've had three really good teams recently and none of them had a post man present. WVU plays tough defense. They have had success against the tough post men of the big east the past couple seasons. It will be interesting how Harangody does tonight. Post men are a must, but WVU does it w/o one. I hope they get one soone though!

And when they get one, they will be a top 10 team. The athletes to run everything else have been fine, but until then, don't look for anything special. If they beat ND, great, but so did UCLA by 28 after sitting their starters for the final 8 minutes. I find the BE and ACC to both be inconsistent in their play, so I don't know if I'd consider either as the top confernce. Sure, you'll say that their play against out of conference teams is great, but just ask ND about the butt whipping they took from UCLA, a team that lost to ASU and Arizona in one week.

And when they get one, they will be a top 10 team. The athletes to run everything else have been fine, but until then, don't look for anything special. If they beat ND, great, but so did UCLA by 28 after sitting their starters for the final 8 minutes. I find the BE and ACC to both be inconsistent in their play, so I don't know if I'd consider either as the top confernce. Sure, you'll say that their play against out of conference teams is great, but just ask ND about the butt whipping they took from UCLA, a team that lost to ASU and Arizona in one week.

Ok, I agree that a big man will help, but they have had special teams w/o one. I agree top 10 when one arrives.

ND has been on an ugly slide both in and out of conference. They finally put it together and beat Louisville last week.

The BE is pretty consistent. A tough conference will have some upsets, but the top , the cream of the crop stay there. Look at UCONN, PITT, Louisville, and MARQUETTE.

Edited by fieldgeneral

ND has been on an ugly slide both in and out of conference. They finally put it together and beat Louisville last week.

Notre Dame is most definitely the most overrated team in the Big East, if not the entire country.

We got our bigman coming in next year from Mountain State Acadamey

Notre Dame is most definitely the most overrated team in the Big East, if not the entire country.

they just not ,meaning notre dame, have played up to their potential this is a vetern team who played well in the ncaa's last year...

and bunch without a true "big man" wv whipped them at ucla and beat them at home

Guest BEAVERTAIL
We got our bigman coming in next year from Mountain State Acadamey

Might want to find a new one. From what I hear, MSA haas been dropping games like crazy and not living up to expectations at all. Cottrill, who has verbaled to WVU, has been rumored one to have been dropping. Once again thats just what I hear, and since they say his defense is the reason why, we cant truly judge that from the box score.

And you guys are wrong, Georgetown is the most overrated team in the country. 13-10 and first team out of the big dance? Are you serious Lunardi?

Guest BEAVERTAIL
and bunch without a true "big man" wv whipped them at ucla and beat them at home

Either way, there are 2 things I believe make good teams more than anything, big men and defense. Shooting will come and go, but if you can establish defense, your big men can win the boards, establish an offense and win the game for you. In a tournament setting you will go cold at somepoint playing away from home so much, thats when you have to have the 2 things listed above.

Either way, there are 2 things I believe make good teams more than anything, big men and defense. Shooting will come and go, but if you can establish defense, your big men can win the boards, establish an offense and win the game for you. In a tournament setting you will go cold at somepoint playing away from home so much, thats when you have to have the 2 things listed above.

A good defense is better than a "big" man any day. A good defense leads to transition basketball. If you can take advantage of that , you can be 5'2 and score the layup. I love having a good dominate big man on the team, but you can survive w/o one if you have good TEAM defense.