Marion vs Cave Spring

Canes00

I cannot remember if Marion has played any team this year who had players bigger than our 2 big boys (about 6'6 or 6'7). In any case they are not used to seeing a lot of minutes. Jason Dotson is our post player and his twin gets just as much minutes time as the 2 big boys (btw Jason's tenacity kept us in the game last night w/ 21 rebounds and 22 points, both career highs). It would be interesting to see if the coach does some adjusting, since CS obviously relies on their big guy/s. But without the preparation and time in games over the season, it might be too late for that. I do hope that Marion does play the way it can - too many unforced turnovers last night got them behind, and if they do that against CS then they won't be competitive at all.

I woudlnt say they "totally" rely on their big guys....They hit 10 3's I believe agaisnt Richlands....

Wow, that makes it even tougher. Ususally 3's aren't as "money" as insdie play by a dominant big man.

Cave Spring by 30+

Our coach talked to us today (marion) and he said that there big man has talked to duke and stuff but he isnt very physical and they are a half-court team they like to set up, we like to run so if we can play are game i dont think that it will be that big of a deficit. The scouting report on there big man came from the Graham coach.

You lost to GW by 22...and are not even close to the level of River Ridge district teams. I may be wrong, but didn't Cave Spring win the regular season? And then Salem beat Abingdon by near 30 if I'm correct. Cave Spring is just to good for Marion.

regardless of if we win or lose we will give them the best shot we can and if it doesnt pull us through then the least we can say is Region runner up and that we made it to states

event if none else belives in them they are the only one who have to belive in order for them to win. no matter the score it will be a good game

Yes marion has a disaddvantage coming into this game but if marion will play in your face defence and matt, garret, hanna, roe, and jason step up i think it will at least be a good game to watch...GO CANES!!

Edited by 54_rakes_5

You lost to GW by 22...and are not even close to the level of River Ridge district teams. I may be wrong, but didn't Cave Spring win the regular season? And then Salem beat Abingdon by near 30 if I'm correct. Cave Spring is just to good for Marion.

When did they play? back at the beginning of the year...Marion is still playing, GW's season is over, that's all that matters right now.

When did they play? back at the beginning of the year...Marion is still playing, GW's season is over, that's all that matters right now.

Marion and GW played when Marion wasnt playing well, itd be a good game now if they could play. Marion is playing some intense D and playing more as a team, im not saying theyd beat GW but it would be a game

Marion and GW played on 1-31-09 and it was never really close. They were supposed to play @GW on 2-4-09 but was canceled for some reason. GW just ran into a good team in JR and didn't box out. Had GW boxed out, they would still be playing IMO. I think GW could win the SWD and be where Marion is now if they were in Marion's spot.