March Madness Starts Tonight

VivaFutbol

Just because half the country is buried in snow, it doesn't change the calendar. And the calendar says we have made it to the best month of the year. Lock arms, bump chests and dance, college hoops fans, your time has come.

-Pat Forde

I love this time of the year. March Madness baby!!

Guest BB_TWEEDER

I love college basketball, but man it would be great if football would put a playoff in, then you could have a january madness, now that would be kickass haha and my favo time of year, but since they dont lets make that turny HOKIES and see what you can do!!!! I know its long odds for tech to do anything in the Tourny but I love em in every sport

I love college basketball, but man it would be great if football would put a playoff in, then you could have a january madness, now that would be kickass haha and my favo time of year, but since they dont lets make that turny HOKIES and see what you can do!!!! I know its long odds for tech to do anything in the Tourny but I love em in every sport

Well, the Hokies' hopes of making the NCAA Tournament come down to Saturday's game at Florida State. Win that, 1 in the ACC Tournament would do. Lose that, and I have making the ACC Finals as the only scenario that'd save them. I don't care what Kool-Aid Lunardi's drinking, the only way a FOURTEEN-loss team is making the NCAA Tournament is if they win their conference or get to 20 wins with an impressive tournament.

Well, the Hokies' hopes of making the NCAA Tournament come down to Saturday's game at Florida State. Win that, 1 in the ACC Tournament would do. Lose that, and I have making the ACC Finals as the only scenario that'd save them. I don't care what Kool-Aid Lunardi's drinking, the only way a FOURTEEN-loss team is making the NCAA Tournament is if they win their conference or get to 20 wins with an impressive tournament.

I agree. Tech played two of the toughest the conference and country has to offer tough ...at home. Tech has played many close games over the recent years. I don't know if they are one player or so away or one coach away. I've not watched them enough to make that call.

If Vasallo and Dulaney can get on and get a strong presence inside from Allen and Thompson , I think is his name, then tech could be a tough game for anyone. VT has to beat FSU and 1 maybe 2 in the ACC tournament. It will an interesting series of games to watch.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Tech has to get great performances from the whole starting 5, without that they are done.

Tech has to get great performances from the whole starting 5, without that they are done.

Getting all 5 to contribute in one way or another will be the key. Offensively, Vasallo, Dulaney and a big man must put up some points and second chance opportunities.

The ACC tournament will be entertaining.

Even with a win over FSU, they won't make the NCAA tournament unless they at least make it to the ACC Finals...NIT!!! NIT!!! NIT!!!...

That was awesome game last night. I think if they beat FSU and get 2 wins in the ACC tourney they will be in. Just wish they could have pulled it out last night. Its like they never could get over the hump. We would come down and tie it and the place would go crazy and then UNC would score an easy bucket. IMO if AD or Malcolm would have hit a 3 and we would have went up by 3 the game would have went the other way. I was there and the atmosphere was awesome!! And even if they dont make the tourney then we will get at least 1 home game in the NIT. Hopefully 3 like last year.

That was awesome game last night. I think if they beat FSU and get 2 wins in the ACC tourney they will be in. Just wish they could have pulled it out last night. Its like they never could get over the hump. We would come down and tie it and the place would go crazy and then UNC would score an easy bucket. IMO if AD or Malcolm would have hit a 3 and we would have went up by 3 the game would have went the other way. I was there and the atmosphere was awesome!! And even if they dont make the tourney then we will get at least 1 home game in the NIT. Hopefully 3 like last year.

I think a win over FSU + 2 would get it done, too. VT just needs to worry about being in the Top 6 now. Would definitely be no fun at all to face UNC/Duke needing that win to get into the tournament. Lose to FSU, making the ACC final might not even be enough.

And the biggest stat last night: VT went 17-17 on FTs. Still lost by 8.