Yahoo! SWVA Sports March Madness Pick 'Em 2009

hokie07

Up to 13 now players. I know its still a little early, but you guys are telling me that out of the regular posters and lurkers that roam this board, there are only 13 people willing to sign up and play a bracket?

Where is:

GMan?

GHSO6?

bhs7695?

JamesCCLB?

vthokies4life?

wvuraiders?

fieldgeneral?

Bluefield_Rules?

Hacker?

Lance?

trublue?

etc.

yea yea i'm in haha haven't got a chance to fill it out yet though

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 7 people have signed up so far. Where is everyone? fieldgeneral, wvuraiders, UVAObserver, beano5, vthokies4life, GHSO6, bhs7695, etc. You all still have time to do so, but I'll continue the "call-outs" until you all join! :D

Can't say no to that.

I have done three brackets...just to present different scenarios.

Bracket 1 (The Legit One) Final Four: Lousiville, Washington, Pitt, Oklahoma

Bracket 2 Final Four: WVU, UCONN, Pitt, UNC

Bracket 3 Final Four: Wake, UCONN, Villanova, Oklahoma

Awfully generous with Villanova.

I know people picking American to upset them in Round 1.

I thought WVU wasn't any good

ATTENTION FIELDGENERAL: You are signed up for two brackets. Specify which one you want to make the official one so I can delete the other one. I'm not trying to be difficult or anything, just want one bracket per user. There are many other leagues you can join if you want to make others. Please feel free to do so.

I don't think WVU is that good. However, they can get setup with playing Kansas (overrated), Michigan State (far overrated) and have a fourth shot at Louisville. The can't lose to Louisville AGAIN, can they?

I don't think WVU is that good. However, they can get setup with playing Kansas (overrated), Michigan State (far overrated) and have a fourth shot at Louisville. The can't lose to Louisville AGAIN, can they?

know who you consider good but some of those teams you mentioned above are above average programs and basketball teams...just my humble opinion.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I found it hard to not have WVU going far in some of my brackets, they do have a easier road than most IMO.

ATTENTION FIELDGENERAL: You are signed up for two brackets. Specify which one you want to make the official one so I can delete the other one. I'm not trying to be difficult or anything, just want one bracket per user. There are many other leagues you can join if you want to make others. Please feel free to do so.

I thought some others said they made more than one. I only did to compare and decide which upsets I wanted to keep and so forth. I'll delete one today. No intent on having more that one for the competition.

They are a good TEAM. Being Young and having a lack of depth and size is their problems. They have over achieved this year in the opinion's of those who get paid to say so.

Dayton is a very tough first round game and I expect them to have a tight game. Kansas is good, not as good as last year but then again they lost a lot from that team. MSU is very good when they are "on." Louisville got the overall #1. This bracket is pretty tough at least the road WVU would have to travel to get there.

Yes , they could lose to the Lou again. Louisville is a really good , athletic, defensive team. It would only be the 3rd time by the way this season. ONce at Louisville and Once at Morgantown. They didn't meet in the BE tourney. Syracuse Beat WVU so played Lou.

Didn't I say that Louisville was the best team in the BE a lil while back? BE reg season champs and tourney champs and #1 overall seed in NCAAs. I agree that PITT and UCONN is really good and the three are probably interchangable at times, but the proof is in the accomplishments.

They are a good TEAM. Being Young and having a lack of depth and size is their problems. They have over achieved this year in the opinion's of those who get paid to say so.

Dayton is a very tough first round game and I expect them to have a tight game. Kansas is good, not as good as last year but then again they lost a lot from that team. MSU is very good when they are "on." Louisville got the overall #1. This bracket is pretty tough at least the road WVU would have to travel to get there.

Yes , they could lose to the Lou again. Louisville is a really good , athletic, defensive team. It would only be the 3rd time by the way this season. ONce at Louisville and Once at Morgantown. They didn't meet in the BE tourney. Syracuse Beat WVU so played Lou.

Didn't I say that Louisville was the best team in the BE a lil while back? BE reg season champs and tourney champs and #1 overall seed in NCAAs. I agree that PITT and UCONN is really good and the three are probably interchangable at times, but the proof is in the accomplishments.

lol

lol

LOL, I think you made the initial comment and I agreed. There were many that said UCONN, MARQUETTE AND PITT. I'd have to say you called it and I agreed.

But at least we know our Big East Basketball.

Edited by fieldgeneral

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I would give the edge to UCONN, if they were healthy. Since they are not, it seems to be even...

I thought some others said they made more than one. I only did to compare and decide which upsets I wanted to keep and so forth. I'll delete one today. No intent on having more that one for the competition.

Yeah, I understand. No one has created more than one bracket in the SWVA Sports group, so I guess they have joined several other groups to do so. I know I have. I'm not exactly sure of when the brackets close, but I'll give you from now until Wednesday night at midnight (aka Thursday morning) to decide. The only reason for that being is I don't know if I'll be able to delete entries after the tournament gets underway. If you don't pick one before the deadline, we'll just score the first one as your official.