Gang Hoax

fieldgeneral

We need to get back to parents being parents, kids being kids, and parents administering discipline to their kids. When I was growing up it took either of two words to make me behave. "Belt" and "Switch".

Could not agree more with you bigd that is the problem with kids today they have never heard either one of those words much less the parents discipline them with one. I know that if my parents had seen me do most of the stuff kids today are doing i still would not be able to sit down. For a while i am not going to lie i thought it was unfair and was always wishing i was allowed to do more stuff but now that i am older I am thankful they raised me the way they did.

Actually no, it's isn't funny. If you hear a report of a shooting, or murder, or any other type of crime, you tend to believe it, or at least, especially when it comes to your children, err on the side of caution. Funny would be a practical joke. This wasn't a joke at all. It was just a series of false reports that are no different than a bomb threat. If someone made a bomb threat to a school causing an evacuation, police and emergency personal scrambled to the location, etc., would you laugh?

You said something in your post about "big time music groups" with gang affiliations... THAT'S THE PROBLEM!!! People celebrate gang culture through music, TV, and movies. That's why we have "these little punk kids". They are emulating something that culture has glamorized. And parents are allowing it to happen without even knowing it. We need to get back to parents being parents, kids being kids, and parents administering discipline to their kids. When I was growing up it took either of two words to make me behave. "Belt" and "Switch". I bet their are a bunch of people here who know exactly what those words mean... and a bunch more who have no clue.

I couldn't believe more. These kids today do things and then don't care what happens next, because talking to them or a principal suspedning them doesn't mean anything. It's a reward. When we had the paddle, at least they would try to hide what they did.

Money, no matter how you try to rationalize some of it being funny, it's not. If you grew up in those conditions, you of all people should be pissed. The fact that those idiots that started it were mocking those acts. If you had family members shot , shot at, or whatever, you should be pissed that they even were using it to fool some people. I'm always on the upside of things and think there is something positive in every bad event. Come on, just admit it wasn't the best thing to say regarding it, if you really still think it's funny, then that's your flaw and hopefully one day will realize that this was't even remotely funny.

I couldn't believe more. These kids today do things and then don't care what happens next, because talking to them or a principal suspedning them doesn't mean anything. It's a reward. When we had the paddle, at least they would try to hide what they did.

Money, no matter how you try to rationalize some of it being funny, it's not. If you grew up in those conditions, you of all people should be pissed. The fact that those idiots that started it were mocking those acts. If you had family members shot , shot at, or whatever, you should be pissed that they even were using it to fool some people. I'm always on the upside of things and think there is something positive in every bad event. Come on, just admit it wasn't the best thing to say regarding it, if you really still think it's funny, then that's your flaw and hopefully one day will realize that this was't even remotely funny.

Make it 3 that agree.

I agree with you guys. It's not funny that people fell for this. It's called being safe as BigD pointed out. The welfare of human's lives is in no way funny. The threat of killing woman is in no way funny. If people "fell" for it as some may say, it's not funny. I did know right off the bat that this was a hoax however. Text messages warning people? And in those text messages it was VERY, VERY vague as to where the attacks would happen, just saying at any Wal-Mart. If there was a gang initiation of some sort, it would definitely not be public and the only ones with any knowledge of it would be gang members and the ones that were going through the "initiation". This was a moronic hoax and someone in my mind should be penalized for fabricating this.