Someone better call the police........

CPF

The Bears just raped the Broncos getting Jay Cutler. Glad I am not a Broncos fan today. McDaniels is in over his head.

Well I'm glad the Redskins didn't pursue him anymore then they did, now I just hope there will be no drama with Campbell like it did with Cutler in Denver..... But I still believe our starting QB is sitting on the bench....

Campbell is a class act he has done came and said he understood it was a buisness and if the deal fell through then he would go and do his job and not think twice about it. That kid colt you got is amazing so i don't know how long until he gets his chance with the redskins but when he does i think he will be named the starter for along time.

Guest JJBrickface

The Bears got something they needed in a QB but the Broncos also got two first round picks and a 3rd rounder. The Broncos still need a QB but with 4 1st rounders in 2 years they can build a nice team.

Cutler = primadonna.

Frankly, I'm not so sure that the Broncos didn't get the better end of this.

Cutler's been far less than consistent since he got into the league.

How did the Broncos get the better end of this? The guy has thrown for 8,000 yards and 45 touchdowns the last two years with no running game, and no defense. Everyone talks about how great his recievers are, but really Marshall is a thug who is due to self destruct at any time. And Royal finally blossomed this year after being a huge dissapointment for the previous 3 years at Tech. Seems to me the guy throwing them the ball made them look a whole lot better than they were. As for Cutler being a primadonna, I think the Broncos and the shady way they tried to deal him is at fault here. If they tried to trade me then lie to me I would be pissed too. McDaniels only has this job because of supreme offensive talent and a system quarterback (Cassel) who will become the next Scott Mitchell this season. The guy is a moron, and when he finishes 3-13 this season all of you people will see this. The guy was stupid enough to trade a 25 year old franchise quarterback, what makes you think he will be able to draft the right guy to play quarterback? For the Broncos to have gotten the better end of this deal, Denver would have to win the superbowl in the next five years with a guy McDaniels groomed. This isn't going to happen.

And Royal finally blossomed this year after being a huge dissapointment for the previous 3 years at Tech.

I don't know that Royal was a late bloomer as much as Stinespring is bad at utilizing and exploiting good talent.

And Royal finally blossomed this year after being a huge dissapointment for the previous 3 years at Tech.

Hold on now, Sparky! Royal had the skills at VT...the only "disappointment" was the fact that the dumbass OC didn't know how to use him properly. Royal would have been 1st Team All-American in any system other than VT's...

How did the Broncos get the better end of this? The guy has thrown for 8,000 yards and 45 touchdowns the last two years with no running game, and no defense. Everyone talks about how great his recievers are, but really Marshall is a thug who is due to self destruct at any time. And Royal finally blossomed this year after being a huge dissapointment for the previous 3 years at Tech. Seems to me the guy throwing them the ball made them look a whole lot better than they were. As for Cutler being a primadonna, I think the Broncos and the shady way they tried to deal him is at fault here. If they tried to trade me then lie to me I would be pissed too. McDaniels only has this job because of supreme offensive talent and a system quarterback (Cassel) who will become the next Scott Mitchell this season. The guy is a moron, and when he finishes 3-13 this season all of you people will see this. The guy was stupid enough to trade a 25 year old franchise quarterback, what makes you think he will be able to draft the right guy to play quarterback? For the Broncos to have gotten the better end of this deal, Denver would have to win the superbowl in the next five years with a guy McDaniels groomed. This isn't going to happen.

Orton's not exactly a bum. Mind you, Chicago's definitely run-first:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/418071

Meanwhile, look at Cutler's statistics, noticeably QB rating. VERY similar ratios...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/409102

McDaniels is an offensive guy; Orton may blossom as much, if not more, than Cutler would under that offensive system. And Orton has every bit as much, if not more, upside than Cutler. Cutler may have been the "franchise quarterback", but for all the hype, he's been VERY underwhelming and has lately become a team cancer to boot. How many times has Cutler led the Broncos to the playoffs, pray tell? Answer: less than 1. It's not like he's setting the world on fire out there, and you can make the argument his ho-hum performances and lack of showing up in big games is what got Shanahan fired in the first place.

Not only this, Denver gets draft stock out of this deal, too. I honestly, truly think Denver got the best end of this deal. By the numbers, it's not a bad move at all, and numbers don't lie.

Cutler = primadonna.

Frankly, I'm not so sure that the Broncos didn't get the better end of this.

Cutler's been far less than consistent since he got into the league.

I saw a number on ESPN this morn that said he 8 300 yard games. Twice as many the Bears franchise record for a season or something. Nevertheless, Cutler can play ball in this league. If your boss was looking into getting someone that could possibly replace you , you would want an explaination or at least have him come to you prior to the contact to let you know what was happening.

The Broncos first mistake was firing Shanahan, the second was shopping for a QB when they have a good one. The Bears came out on top.

I saw a number on ESPN this morn that said he 8 300 yard games. Twice as many the Bears franchise record for a season or something. Nevertheless, Cutler can play ball in this league. If your boss was looking into getting someone that could possibly replace you , you would want an explaination or at least have him come to you prior to the contact to let you know what was happening.

The Broncos first mistake was firing Shanahan, the second was shopping for a QB when they have a good one. The Bears came out on top.

I know I'm in a very small minority about this, but I strongly disagree.

The Broncos are going to be the benefactors of this one, by far.

Here's the deal:

Broncos send: QB Cutler, 5th Round Pick

Bears send: QB Orton, 2 1st Round Picks and a 3rd Round Pick

The upside GREATLY favors Denver, and I don't see how this can even be debated. If even one of these picks pan out and if Orton is just serviceable, the Broncos get the better end of the stick here. The Bears do not have a dynamic enough offense to let Cutler unleash his "talents". While on the flip side, McDaniels is a QB-guy anyway. He'll be able to refine Orton to be even better than he was in Chicago.

And behind every statistic, there's a story. Denver's TOP TWO RBs last season were injured very early on in 2008. They had to pass, and were forced to do so by duress. And Eddie Royal made Cutler look like a genius at times. More than once did Royal bail Cutler out.

Sorry if I sound intense, but this deal is FAR from a slam dunk for the Bears.