RICHLANDS vs. ABINGDON *thursday*

nollama

Big early season SWD showdown between these two rivals has been moved to thursday at 5 pm. SVCC baseball field.

Originally was scheduled for friday.

Hopefully Keene and Witt will be the pitchers.

The pitcher who started the 2nd for Richlands (Sizemore) had 6 walks in the inning. And only got 1 out.

I believe i would have pulled a wee bit sooner than letting he give up 6 walks.

Keene did start but was yanked after the 1st.

He was out of the inning having given up 1 run but an error by the 2nd baseman started a snowball of errors and just plain dumb plays by Richlands.

Next thing you know it's 6-0 Abingdon.

I haven't seen a Richlands team play like that in years.

Actually you're wrong. The error you're talking about took place after the Falcons had scored 4 earned runs....all w/2 outs. I was listening on the radio. It sounded like Richlands did not play their best, but i could hear the ping of the bats over the radio...apparently they hit 4 or 5 rockets and shook up Keene.

Edited by hoops247

If you weren't there you have no idea then.

I was. I saw. They played like crap at every position. And yes, they should have been out of the 1st with 1 run given up.

It didn't happen and abingdon jumped on them good.

The umpire was absolutely horrible. His strike zone changed each inning. For both teams! Must have been around 65 or 70 years old.

And no other umps showed up. This old fart umping the game all by himself with no help. Crap like that shouldn't be allowed. Ever.

thanks for the support on that. i thought i was right on that...but w/the radio guys you just never know. i was surprised they got 4 off of keene like that....should be interesting in the SWD baseball race.

should be interesting in the SWD baseball race.

Not really, Abingdon will easily win the district with Richlands, Tazewell, and Carroll Co. battling for 2nd-3rd-4th while Marion, Graham, and Grundy fight it out for 5th-6th-7th...

thanks for the support on that. i thought i was right on that...but w/the radio guys you just never know. i was surprised they got 4 off of keene like that....should be interesting in the SWD baseball race.

On second thought, I'm not sure if it was 4-0 when the error happened, or if some of those runs were still on base. He did have four earned runs either way though.

Don't bet on Abingdon winning the district easily. Taint gonna happen.

I would say Tazewell will easily give them all they want along with Richlands - if they get there act together.

The only real question within the district will be whether graham or grundy finishes last. That should be one heckuva battle to keep an eye on!:D

Don't bet on Abingdon winning the district easily. Taint gonna happen.

I would say Tazewell will easily give them all they want along with Richlands - if they get there act together.

The only real question within the district will be whether graham or grundy finishes last. That should be one heckuva battle to keep an eye on!:D

Tazewell may give Richlands all they want but neither can compete with Abingdon...mark my words, Abingdon rolls through the SWD...

That's some crystal ball you have! Makes you an expert without having to actually watch a game...

Abingdon is a good team but they aren't head and shoulders above anyone. Richlands had a bad game Thursday but they will be fine once they get back on track.

Tazewel, Richlands, Abingdon, and Carroll County should all be in the hunt. I think this is one of the strongest districts around. Big Lou has alot of good players...Richlands is good....Abingdon has played well....and Carroll County is always going to be in the hunt. Way too early to pick a favorite...but it should be interesting!!! Not to change the subject, but which team in the SWD do you guys think has the best field. Some guys at work were debating this one.

Tazewel, Richlands, Abingdon, and Carroll County should all be in the hunt. I think this is one of the strongest districts around. Big Lou has alot of good players...Richlands is good....Abingdon has played well....and Carroll County is always going to be in the hunt. Way too early to pick a favorite...but it should be interesting!!! Not to change the subject, but which team in the SWD do you guys think has the best field. Some guys at work were debating this one.

Haven't seen any other field besides Tazewell, so I can't give my opinion...

Richlands and Tazewell are actually the only ones I've seen... don't get to make many away games in the spring until the playoffs. Richlands has a very nice field, except for the gravel warning track which I hate, but Tazewell has a ballpark! There are minor league parks that don't come close to what they have.

gman is looking at early season records only. No way he has even seen half the teams in the district play as of yet.

Probably just going by what some sports reporter told him.

Abingdon is VERY young. Only have like 2 seniors on the team. They will definitely be in the swd title hunt for the next 2-3 years.

Richlands thing is they don't have a jordan barnett this season. The kid won like 21 games in 2 seasons as a starting pitcher! When he pitched richlands won. period. (only 2 losses were to hv)

He beat Abingdon 3 times last season. Same team saw him 3 times and he still beat them.

Richlands has everyone else back other than jordan from a team that went undefeated last season. If they can find a good pitching rotation then they will be fine. If not, it will be a long season. They definitely have the hitters to do some damage.

Gman are you sure Abingdon is THAT good? I heard they are starting some 3 freshman and only 2 seniors

I'm not saying they are THAT good, I'm just saying they are good enough to win the SWD...

If you weren't there you have no idea then.

I was. I saw. They played like crap at every position. And yes, they should have been out of the 1st with 1 run given up.

It didn't happen and abingdon jumped on them good.

The umpire was absolutely horrible. His strike zone changed each inning. For both teams! Must have been around 65 or 70 years old.

And no other umps showed up. This old fart umping the game all by himself with no help. Crap like that shouldn't be allowed. Ever.

actually, the kids right. Abingdon scored 3 runs on an rbi double by Taylor Read, THEN the error occured. If you were there, you werent paying much attention..

Tazewell's field is really nice thanks to Billy Wagner. Abingdon's field is really nice thanks to the coach and players working on it all the time. Other than that, all the fields are pretty terrible.. I can only think of 3 with lights..