Coppinger Champs!

dawgs05

Tazewell didn't just win the coppinger. They won 5 games in 3 days and scored like 65 runs or something!

They have a boat load of pitchers they can use. And that will help them immensely come post season time. I can see tazewell possibly making it to the state level this year.

Good pitching and some really good hitters in that lineup will go a long way.

Tazewell didn't just win the coppinger. They won 5 games in 3 days and scored like 65 runs or something!

They have a boat load of pitchers they can use. And that will help them immensely come post season time. I can see tazewell possibly making it to the state level this year.

Good pitching and some really good hitters in that lineup will go a long way.

They scored 44 runs in the five games but the key to winning the championship was pitching...they only gave up 10 runs...

They scored 44 runs in the five games but the key to winning the championship was pitching...they only gave up 10 runs...

I don't know what 5 games you are referencing but it was way more than 44.

They scored 22 against carroll county on friday.

And only gave up 10 runs? Strange considering carroll scored 12 on them friday night and richlands had 5 on saturday. That alone is 17 in 2 games.

Are you using some new form of slided math no one is aware of??:D

I don't know what 5 games you are referencing but it was way more than 44.

They scored 22 against carroll county on friday.

And only gave up 10 runs? Strange considering carroll scored 12 on them friday night and richlands had 5 on saturday. That alone is 17 in 2 games.

Are you using some new form of slided math no one is aware of??:D

Carroll Co. was not in the Coppinger tournament...Tazewell gave up 10 runs in 5 games in the Coppinger tournament (2 to Oak Hill in a loss, 1 to Fort Chiswell, 2 to Bluefield, 5 to Richlands, and 0 to Chilhowie).

Carroll Co. was not in the Coppinger tournament...Tazewell gave up 10 runs in 5 games in the Coppinger tournament (2 to Oak Hill in a loss, 1 to Fort Chiswell, 2 to Bluefield, 5 to Richlands, and 0 to Chilhowie).

It's a good thing for Tazewell that Princeton wasn't in the Coppinger this year because they would have scored: OH wait maybe 1 or 2. With their defense they would have held Tazewell under 20 for sure, well maybe.

And my post was just in reference to the last 3 days. As evidenced by this sentence:

They won 5 games in 3 days and scored like 65 runs or something!

I was talking about that accomplishment. Not the 5 games over a weeks period.

The carroll county game on friday was more important anyway. It was a district game.

Did they even play Chilhowie?

9-5 is correct.

Neither team used there top teir pitchers since it was meaningless in terms of the district race.

yeah but are u saying that the winning the coppinger is meaningless to. And plus its also tazewell/richlands no matter what sport it is you always want to win.Right?

yeah but are u saying that the winning the coppinger is meaningless to. And plus its also tazewell/richlands no matter what sport it is you always want to win.Right?

Winning the coppinger doesnt get them into the playoffs.. Winning the district does. Why waste the best pitcher on a game that cannot advance your team into the playoffs?

Technically winning a majority of your district games doesn't get you in the playoffs either. Coppinger, Non-District Games, and District games are all experience-getters and morale-boosters for the district tournament and beyond. Obviously district games hold a few more marbles, but winning a tournament is just as important to the team's confidence and experience as anything else. I say pitch your best pitcher whenever you want to win, no matter whats at stake.

We all know that Ethan is your ace, and playing your rival is a whole new "ballgame." Earlier this season, Abingdon beat your ace on your field, yet Abingdon topped Graham 5-1 at home. I really don't think showing or not showing someone really makes that much of a difference. I could be wrong. It's just an opinion. BTW, I am really pleased to see Jordie doing so well at the next level as I am for Justin Malone from Abingdon. It's nice to see SWD kids do well in baseball. I think the Tazewell/Richlands games are shaping up to be classics this year.

We all know that Ethan is your ace, and playing your rival is a whole new "ballgame." Earlier this season, Abingdon beat your ace on your field, yet Abingdon topped Graham 5-1 at home. I really don't think showing or not showing someone really makes that much of a difference. I could be wrong. It's just an opinion. BTW, I am really pleased to see Jordie doing so well at the next level as I am for Justin Malone from Abingdon. It's nice to see SWD kids do well in baseball. I think the Tazewell/Richlands games are shaping up to be classics this year.

Ethain pitched exactly 1 inning in that abingdon and had a cut on his hand. Don't think that really qualifies as abingdon beating our "ace"

And Richlands beat graham 10-0 with 5 starters gone. A no hitter to boot. What does that mean?