AAU/travel ball

evophoto

Are any of you SouthWest VA guys playing AAU or travel ball right now? If so, where are some of the tournaments you are going to? I am in the process of putting a 16u team together and I am looking for some tournaments/games. So if you have a 16u/17u team and want to scrimmage, let me know.

Thanks!

Thanks, I use ACA hoops quite regularly. I was hoping to find a tournament that was not listed... Often some of the smaller "local" ones don't know about that site. Have you ever been to the Smoky Mt. place? One of our younger teams went and seemed to like it. I wonder how they do with the older kids.

Also, I was hoping that someone might see the post and want to scrimmage.

Here is a web site that may help you http://www.acahoops.com. Also check out http://www.smokysports.com. That is a complex in elizabethon tn. They hold tournaments every weekend and have 16u brackets. Hope this helps.

Thanks, I use ACA hoops quite regularly. I was hoping to find a tournament that was not listed... Often some of the smaller "local" ones don't know about that site. Have you ever been to the Smoky Mt. place? One of our younger teams went and seemed to like it. I wonder how they do with the older kids.

Also, I was hoping that someone might see the post and want to scrimmage.

graham has a team 17u that would maybe scrimmage we have been playing tourneys since the season ended

Cool, ask your coach what he thinks and if he is interested, send me a PM for my email.

BTW we are lacking a big man... is your number 20 playing with you guys?

Thanks!

graham has a team 17u that would maybe scrimmage we have been playing tourneys since the season ended

Cool, ask your coach what he thinks and if he is interested, send me a PM for my email.

BTW we are lacking a big man... is your number 20 playing with you guys?

Thanks!

yea im playin with them

srry man

We have been trying to find someone to play with us this weekend... we only have 5 ppl so it may be a bit rough... especially when our biggest kid is only 6-3 and is our shooting guard.

When I got my schedule... they told me Graham was in the tournament. Are you guys playing at PH Glade Spring this Sunday?

thats pretty much the same as me since we got guys bigger than me

When I got my schedule... they told me Graham was in the tournament. Are you guys playing at PH Glade Spring this Sunday?

yes we play yall should be a good game i cant wait your the coach right

Yep. I'm coaching... you'll have to take it easy on us... we are WAY undersized to be playing in 17u. We were supposed to have 2 6'7 kids from Surry County NC. But they backed out. Now the tallest kid we have is Mac at 6'3 and you know where he plays :)

Make sure you talk to us! I think the guy told me we were in the pool with Wythe (they will kill us) and Emory??? I think the only way we play you is in bracket play. It will be fun to watch you guys though!

See you Sunday.

yes we play yall should be a good game i cant wait your the coach right

Yep. I'm coaching... you'll have to take it easy on us... we are WAY undersized to be playing in 17u. We were supposed to have 2 6'7 kids from Surry County NC. But they backed out. Now the tallest kid we have is Mac at 6'3 and you know where he plays :)

Make sure you talk to us! I think the guy told me we were in the pool with Wythe (they will kill us) and Emory??? I think the only way we play you is in bracket play. It will be fun to watch you guys though!

See you Sunday.

the whythe county team beat us by about 15

we play lebanon at 10:00 and whythe county haze (actual 16u team) at 12:00

what time do you guys play

We had fun playing this weekend even though we got stomped by you and Wytheville... We hope to be a bit more polished in a couple of weeks. Mac stunk it up he was 1 for 8 from 3 in the game against you guys... but had fun anyway. You guys (Bluefield) were great and we really enjoyed playing you. Hope you make it down to Wytheville in a couple of weeks if not, good luck with the rest of your season..

We had fun playing this weekend even though we got stomped by you and Wytheville... We hope to be a bit more polished in a couple of weeks. Mac stunk it up he was 1 for 8 from 3 in the game against you guys... but had fun anyway. You guys (Bluefield) were great and we really enjoyed playing you. Hope you make it down to Wytheville in a couple of weeks if not, good luck with the rest of your season..

thanx, it was fun playin yall

mac's shots will end up falling just tell him to keep shooting

we are either going to do a tournament in bluefield this weekend or the tournament in whythville nxt weekend

hopefully we will see you up there

• 2 weeks later...

The Wytheville tourney was great. Wythe County lost in the championship 70-69 to the Roanoke Sharks in 5OTs. A shot at the buzzer sent it into over time for Roanoke. Wythe's game winning shot at the end of the 5th went in and out. Wythe beat Bluefield WV by about 11, then played mostly JV guys vs PH and beat them by 10 in OT.

The Wythe team has only lost two so far. The one to Roanoke today and one to a Rockbridge team in a tourney @ Patrick Henry-Roanoke.

They have won tourneys @ Hidden Valley and PH-GS.

They Bluefield team is pretty good. #15 and #24 are their best players. #15 handles the ball, and #24 can shoot the lights out. Wythe beat them by about 12-15 both times they have played.

We picked up some good help from Holston and Wytheville on Sunday and beat PH GS by 10 after getting down 19-2 (heck these kids had never seen each other before much less played together). Once I got a feel for what everyone could do I split them in two groups and we rotated in and out every 4 minutes. I think if I had this group together for a while we could be very competitive.

We had a good time and hope to play with those kids again in few weeks. One team there, Bluefield wearing white uniforms (not the Graham kids), looked awesome, but I was told Wytheville beat them by 10+. That's not to say that Graham did not look good... they did and that big 42 just keeps getting better. If that group all played for Graham then they would be a big factor in the SWD.

Edited by evophoto