All southwest district

tazsoccer

It does not matter when it comes out because I can count on one hand how many times stats were discussed in seven years when deciding who would be player of the year or any other positions on first team. Tazewell is the worst when it comes to wanting their players at the top no matter what the other players did. I remember one season when a team did not even get scored on by any other district team and they outscored the other teams in the district 22-0. But Tazewell wanted their so called best player to be the player of the year and that player was not even the best player on Tazewell's team. For the longest time coaches always screamed about each team should have the same amount of players on the teams no matter the records. A couple of those coaches now that they switched to the girls or actually have a team that wins on the boys side want all of their players on the first team and screw everyone else. I do not want to make anyone mad but I just wanted to show everyone that the best players do not always make the 1st team.

It does not matter when it comes out because I can count on two fingers how many times stats were discussed in seven years when deciding who would be player of the year or any other positions on first team. Tazewell is the worst when it comes to wanting their players at the top no matter what the other players did. I remember one season when a team did not even get scored on by any other district team and they outscored the other teams in the district 22-0. But Tazewell wanted their so called best player to be the player of the year and that player was not even the best player on Tazewell's team. For the longest time coaches always screamed about each team should have the same amount of players on the teams no matter the records. A couple of those coaches now that they switched to the girls or actually have a team that wins on the boys side want all of their players on the first team and screw everyone else. I do not want to make anyone mad but I just wanted to show everyone that the best players do not always make the 1st team.

Edited by carrollfan

Yea I agree..All HS sports are like that though.. I think its really funny when players get 2nd team SW district and 1st team region IV..

The only players who are eligible for all-region are 1st team all-district.

I do not think so. Yes abingdon is a good team but there are other good players on the other teams not just abingdon.

After watching him Thursday night, Zak Jarrett from Abingdon should get the player of the year. He has something like 32 goals and is a hell of a player.

After watching him Thursday night, Zak Jarrett from Abingdon should get the player of the year. He has something like 32 goals and is a hell of a player.

I respectively disagree. I believe TJ Rasnick should get the player of the year. He has played very well all season and he has come back to play after being told last year he would never play sports again. He is a hell of a player and he has fought through diversity to keep playing the sport he loves. Oh and did I mention, he scored his 100th goal this year after sitting out a season and a half.

I respectively disagree. I believe TJ Rasnick should get the player of the year. He has played very well all season and he has come back to play after being told last year he would never play sports again. He is a hell of a player and he has fought through diversity to keep playing the sport he loves. Oh and did I mention, he scored his 100th goal this year after sitting out a season and a half.

Beano, you bring up a couple of good points. However, it is suppose to be player of the YEAR. Because he scored his career 100th goal should have no bearing at all. I think it is wonderful that TJ was able to come back to play after what he has been through but once again it should be about what has happened on the field this year.

beano has some good points but TJ did not even play but maybe a little bit more then half the season. TJ is a great player and all but I do not believe that you should not win the POY based on career stats it is POY not POC. But good luck to TJ and are you playing at the college level?

Beano has a great point. I can about guarantee that no one else in the state has played as well under the circumstances TJ has faced all season. His love for the game and his team should be an inspiration.

Beano has a great point. I can about guarantee that no one else in the state has played as well under the circumstances TJ has faced all season. His love for the game and his team should be an inspiration.

Agree 100%--this young man has played against odds this year that many adults could not have withstood or endured--

If POY is based on stats---the number of games an athlete plays in the season and goals scored, so be it--

If POY exemplifies the individual as well as the stats-- playing

against all odds, with courage that few will ever know (or TJ

would even tell); love and commitment to the sport and his

teammates, there would be no contest---

TJ wins hands down!!!

Life has many choices---eternity two

im sure TJ wouldnt want to accept an award just because he had cancer...because thats what it seems like everyone is implying

now you are putting words in my mouth. im not saying give it to him just because he came back. im saying give it to him because when he did come back he re-energized his team and played well every game he played and put his heart into the game he loves. if POY is based on how much a player means to the team then no question TJ should get it because Tazewell is a COMPLETELY different team with him on the pitch. if based on stats then go with the kid from Abingdon. but if TJ would have played all season at full health, no doubt in my mind would he have put up close to, if not better, numbers then the kid from Abingdon.

now you are putting words in my mouth. im not saying give it to him just because he came back. im saying give it to him because when he did come back he re-energized his team and played well every game he played and put his heart into the game he loves. if POY is based on how much a player means to the team then no question TJ should get it because Tazewell is a COMPLETELY different team with him on the pitch. if based on stats then go with the kid from Abingdon. but if TJ would have played all season at full health, no doubt in my mind would he have put up close to, if not better, numbers then the kid from Abingdon.

im pretty sure the kid from abingdon doesnt cuss out players while shaking hands or get in players faces in the parking lot after games... so based on stats and sportsmanship it goes to "the abingdon kid" hands down

But like you said IF he has played all season. He didn't. Jarrett from Abingdon is the best player in the SWD and deserves the award.

Okay, everyone ......enough. Do not start throwing out negative statements that serve no purpose or help anyone's case.

POY will be awarded by the ones that have the voting powers ......not by anyone on this board throwing out senseless, hurtful words.