football Divisions released

VHSLhelper

Same as last time .... no movement in Regions IV, D & C

Clintwood & Haysi can again petition down

of the 63 non-Region B schools, only 9 are larger than their largest Div. 1 team (B Gap)

the SMALLEST Div. 1 team in Reg. B is larger than ANY Div. 1 team in Regions C or D.

Lee High is no longer the largest Single A team (they've lost 89 students in the past 18 months).

http://www.vhsl.org/files/fb-divisions-2009-10.pdf

Edited by VHSLhelper

769 looks like the cut-off for A/AA now...Richlands is only 12 students away...could we see all three Tazewell Co. schools FINALLY drop to Class A next time around???

G.W.Danville in particular....just imagine if they were in Region IV/Piedmont. I wonder what the sentiment is there if that possibility arises.

Martinsville and Patrick County are close to Single A, but I'm not sure if they could find a district to play in.

I had mentioned this in the past, but I could see Region D realigning into two "large school" districts and two "small school" districts if/when the SWD schools drop. That might appease the smaller schools because with divisional play, they might never have to face the likes of Tazewell, Richlands and Graham in most sports.

I made a mistake above; let's try this again.

In Region D, Haysi & Castlewood flip-flop again (but Haysi can petition down to Div. 1],

Clintwood can petition down again, but Coeburn can NOT, because, in the past 18 months, they've gained 24 students while Lee lost 89 (and the distinction of being the largest Single A school).

Of the 63 non-Region B schools, only 9 are larger than their largest Div. 1 team (B Gap).

The SMALLEST Div. 1 team in Reg. B is larger than ANY Div. 1 team in Regions C or D.

G.W.Danville in particular....just imagine if they were in Region IV/Piedmont. I wonder what the sentiment is there if that possibility arises.

Martinsville and Patrick County are close to Single A, but I'm not sure if they could find a district to play in.

Martinsville could possibly join the Dogwood Dist. where Gretna, Dan River and Chatham now play. Patrick Co. could possibly play in the same Dist. as Floyd Co. but I'm not sure of the name. GW Danville would be a good fit for Magna Vista and Bassett in the Piedmont District.

Actually, doing equal thirds by these numbers puts the A/AA line at 750, which puts Richlands 31 too high with 4 other AA schools (including Patrick Co., which could go to the Three Rivers) closer. Marion would be 38 above and could go to the Hogo.

The AA/AAA line would be 1550.

GW-Danville would go to the Seminole, William Fleming could go to either of the Ridges.

And AAA TJ-Richmond is once again A-eligible.

----

current Wise Co. merger numbers -

777 - Powell Valley & Appalachia

755 - Pound & JJ Kelly

540 - St. Paul & Coeburn

Marion - Grundy - Richlands - Tazewell - Graham - Lebanon

would make a good A level SWD...just send CC and Abingdon packing and add Lebanon...would be just fine.