A muse on life decision's.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Guest BEAVERTAIL

For all of my life, I have dreamed of one thing: having a boat. Whether it was my parents who would own it, or now me, I desperately longed for one. I started thinking about buying one in April, shortly after my birthday when spring was arriving, and I dreamed of taking all my friends out on a pontoon, where we could all hang out and fish all night.

However, the search for a affordable and reliable pontoon was harder than ever imagined. I turned to bass boats just recently, as a last ditch effort to own a boat before the summer was gone. I looked at hundreds, and every one I could find had something wrong with them. Bilge had a short, boat was too short, boat was owned by rednecks who couldnt type, boat was sold when I called. Then I found one I loved, and the owner took 800 bucks off the asking price. So I pondered the decision for awhile. It seemed like an ok decision, besides the fact that my money I had accumulated would almost be gone. But then I remembered my earlier idea. I realized, I am not going to settle for something I did not originally want. I decided not to purchase the bass boat.

I think life is full of decisions like this. Whether we want to be satisfied right now, or wait for the right thing, and risk never being satisfied. I know sooner or later, a pontoon will fall into my lap, and I will own it. But like Tom Petty says, "the waiting is the hardest part." The greatest song writer in the world, knew exactly what he was talking about.

We all have plenty of life ahead of us, why rush anything? We have our whole lives to enjoy something. But we have to wait, so we do rush many things. But some times, the wait is the thing that makes the thing we finally recieve, such as a boat, so precious to us.

But until you get what you are waiting for, you just got to have faith. Keeping the faith, in anything is hard, but I am ready for the challenge. You should be too.

*** While I talked about boats, this could relate to anything, women, jobs, and cars. But mostly I think it relates to religion and the time and faith we put into getting the ultimate reward at the end. Decisions on that arise every day, and yet we still have to keep the faith. No easy task for sure.

I'd agree with everything you said except "We all have plenty of life ahead of us, why rush anything?". You never know when your life will be taken from you. I've known many people my age that have died. It's not very common, but it does happen.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
I'd agree with everything you said except "We all have plenty of life ahead of us, why rush anything?". You never know when your life will be taken from you. I've known many people my age that have died. It's not very common, but it does happen.

Very true. But, if we live our lives in fear of dying the next day, we wouldnt be truly living. We would be surviving.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I have never suscribed to that philosopy. I feel if I did, it would be hard to prepare for tests, go to class, go to work, and do well in all of those. It would be hard to plan for the future and work towards long term goals. And if you take care of yourself and make educated decisions, the chances of days being your last go drastically down.

Nevertheless, I agree completely on doing what makes you happy and enjoying what you have...

BT, I think something is stirring in your spirit greater than "waiting for that pontoon." Your reflections aren't just from judgment or reasoning, but sound wisdom---

Judgment and reasoning can be faulty, by the interpretation of the individual--

Wisdom is solid, because it is not based on a mind set of facts or theories, but a heart that intuitively knows the difference between right and wrong.

Many can boast of the first two, but few acquire the last--

Life has many choices---eternity two

Edited by tbgfan