AA All State Baseball Team

AA ALL-STATE BASEBALL TEAM

-----

PITCHERS

1st Team: Kyle Crockett, Jr., Poquoson ** Joe Mantiply, Sr., Tunstall

2nd Team: Jacob Kline, Sr., Potomac Falls ** Daniel Wright, Sr., Fort Defiance

HM: Matt Houston, Jr., Spotsylvania ** D.J. Brown, Sr., Orange Co. ** Trevor Johnston, Jr., Jefferson Forest ** Thomas Kuhlman, Sr., Hidden Valley

--

CATCHER

1st Team: Keaton Neeb, Sr., Skyline

2nd Team: Walker Turner, Jr., Broadway

HM: Chris Keltner, Sr., Jamestown ** Brusier Moore, Sr., Tazewell

--

1ST BASE

1st Team: D.J. Brown, Sr., Orange Co.

2nd Team: Hunter Gordon, Sr., Powhatan

HM: Jacob Vaughn, Jr., Allegheny ** Brett Hylton, Sr., Tunstall

--

2ND BASE

1st Team: Trey Maupin, Jr., Orange Co.

2nd Team: Trevor Stevens, Sr., Heritage

HM: Clark Pinder, Sr., Poquoson ** Jamie Gills, Sr., Hidden Valley

--

SHORTSTOP

1st Team: Bradley Strong, So., Richlands

2nd Team: Chad Pinder, Jr., Poquoson

HM: Chris Jessop, Sr., Broad Run ** Taylor Sutpin, Sr., Northside

--

3RD BASE

1st Team: Brandon Mack, Sr., Eastern View

2nd Team: Tyler Denby, Jr., Fluvanna Co.

HM: J.J. Loker, Jr., Spotswood ** Trey Lambert, Sr., Tazewell

--

OUTFIELDERS

1st Team: James Carter, Sr., Heritage ** Quinn Courtney, Sr., Millbrook ** Ryan Johansen, Jr., Grafton

2nd Team: Hunter Hedrick, Sr., Tunstall ** Blake Sipe, Jr., Fort Defiance ** Jonathan Taylor, Sr., Christiansburg

HM: Malcolm Miller, Sr. Bluestone ** Regis Craft, Sr., Nottoway ** Chris Bittner, Sr., Orange Co. ** Nick Clayton, Jr. Heritage; Josh Storm, Sr., Jefferson Forest ** Zak Wasilewski, Fr., Tazewell

--

UTILITY

1st Team: Ryan Foster, Jr., Fluvanna Co.

2nd Team: Eric Vess, Sr., Hidden Valley

HM: Trevor Funk, Sr., Eastern View ** Tyler McFarland, Jr., Turner Ashby

--

DESIGNATED HITTER

1st Team: T.J. Taxeley, Sr., Tazewell

2nd Team: Chris Bell, Sr., King George

HM: Nick Pegan, Jr., Western Albemarle ** Garrett Smith, Sr., Lord Botetourt

--

PLAYER OF THE YEAR: Kyle Crockett, Jr, Poquoson

--

COACH OF THE YEAR: Kenny Bennett, Poquoson

Congratulions Bradley Strong and T.J. Taxley on making 1st Team All State!

Also to Trey Lambert, Bruiser Moore, and Zak Wasilewski on making Honorable Mention!

Way to represent the SWD well!

AA ALL-STATE BASEBALL TEAM

Congratulions Bradley Strong and T.J. Taxley on making 1st Team All State!

Also to Trey Lambert, Bruiser Moore, and Zak Wasilewski on making Honorable Mention!

Way to represent the SWD well!

Well done Blues and Dawgs--way to represent the SWD--

Proud of your work ethic and dedication --

Life has many choices---eternity two

Strong was not even the best shortstop in the SWD -- Tyler Kitss is by far --

Congratulations to those that deserve the honor -- and to those that were politically overlooked I express my empathy to you for adults trying to live vicariously through children.

Bradley is good -- but he is again not the best in the SWD -- much less the state -- that is an honor that should truely be earned - not given.

Congratulations to those that deserve the honor -- and to those that were politically overlooked I express my empathy to you for adults trying to live vicariously through children.

Bradley is good -- but he is again not the best in the SWD -- much less the state -- that is an honor that should truely be earned - not given.

Hahahahahaha that gave me a laugh, congrats strong you are a stud

How can anyone lift one player up by degrading another in the same sentence? I'm sure that both players were very good players but to insinuate that the other coaches throughout the state were in "cahoots" with the Richlands' coaches because.....because.....because .....(I'm stretching it here) ..... the Richlands' coaches had such far-reaching clout!!!!!

I don't think the SWD has that much leverage that they could dictate how the rest of the state coaches should/would vote. Wow, if we had only known it was that easy.....the Richlands and Tazewell teams could have been the entire first and second all state teams (and to be fair, Tazewell and Richlands would have been equally represented on the first and second teams) and.....just to play nice..... the SWD would have put the rest of the state teams on the HM list.

Congrats to both of these young men (Strong and Kitts) because they both undoubtly had very good seasons....but don't demean one just to benefit the other.

H8ball claims to be an RHS graduate who lives here and "works in Richlands area schools"... Yet he (or she) never misses an opportunity to degrade RHS coaches, players, and students... Go figure

Bradley Strong batted over .600 for an ENTIRE SEASON!!! That speaks for itself...

The true stats are looked at in baseball more than any other sport when considering the district, region, and all state teams. Congrats to those guys.

Its a shame that the Graham Coach couldn't even put forth the effort to get David or Matt Morgan any recognition at all.

H8ball claims to be an RHS graduate who lives here and "works in Richlands area schools"... Yet he (or she) never misses an opportunity to degrade RHS coaches, players, and students... Go figure

Bradley Strong batted over .600 for an ENTIRE SEASON!!! That speaks for itself...

Why do you constantly reference his batting average? There are other considerations as well. I've watched both players over the years, and they are both excellent players. I would give the edge with the glove to Kitts. No one has his range. I don't know how the all-state teams are picked, but I don't see too many sophomores or freshmen selected first team. I would have expected a junior or senior there. Just my opinion.