Who will win the southwest district this year?

bgwahoo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Richlands is the 5 time defending district champs and has to be considered the favorite until they're beaten. Tazewell is very capable as they showed against Lebanon, and so is CC, especially when you play them in Hillsville. They always give us fits up there. We really don't know what they have right now, but Grundy is 4 & 0 and you can't just over look a team that has not been beaten yet

But in my opinion, Richlands is the favorite.

Richlands is the 5 time defending district champs and has to be considered the favorite until they're beaten. Tazewell is very capable as they showed against Lebanon, and so is CC, especially when you play them in Hillsville. They always give us fits up there. We really don't know what they have right now, but Grundy is 4 & 0 and you can't just over look a team that has not been beaten yet

But in my opinion, Richlands is the favorite.

I agree! Richlands is there, till someone knocks them off, but I do believe the SWD Champ will have at least one loss in district play!

I dont know what to think about CC yet...still stumped...thought Tazewell would show better than they did. Richlands is still my strong fav to win the SWD.

I think the game in Tazewell will be a really good game, and a lot of fun to watch. When we play each other, the record doesn't matter, and it's a very important game as far as the district goes. Of course, in the Southwest, every game is important, but this one is special !

It should be a great atmosphere there !

Tazewell is hit and miss this year...I've seen some stuff here and there that shows me they could be a good team...then they seem to struggle at other times...not sure exactly what the problem is, the talent is there for sure.

I am all but positive that Tazewell is going to open up a can on someone at some point this year...I just hope it isn't Grundy lol.

The Dawgs should open a can on Abingdon this week. Backyard Brawl coming soon you better get there early if you want a seat for this one.

If you can't find a seat poop I mean Pope, you can sit with me...

Richlands will win S.W.D.

I'd like to think that is a lock...BUT...Richlands has to go down to CC who has already beaten Tazewell down there...so...to me, that now could be the SWD title game...mark that one down for 10/30/09

Just looking at things as of now:

Grundy at 4-0 is looking good, but to run the entire SWD back to back to back for the next 6 weeks is a tall order when you have not won a district game in 4 or 5 years...I think they "could" beat Marion, Abingdon, Graham though...so 6-4 or 7-3 might be possible and that would be a GREAT year for the Wave and something to be proud of and build on...Tazewell's only shot now is to beat Richlands in the Brawl and hope for help from Grundy (CC is @Grundy this year by the way) in knocking off CC...Marion, Abingdon, and Graham...not much hope for those teams this year from what I have seen so far.

I think it will end up like this:

Richlands

Carroll County

Tazewell

Grundy

Marion

Abingdon

Graham

Guest Woolybugger

I'm thinking Grundy is at CC this year. Carroll's road games are abingdon, marion and graham

I'd like to think that is a lock...BUT...Richlands has to go down to CC who has already beaten Tazewell down there...so...to me, that now could be the SWD title game...mark that one down for 10/30/09

Just looking at things as of now:

Grundy at 4-0 is looking good, but to run the entire SWD back to back to back for the next 6 weeks is a tall order when you have not won a district game in 4 or 5 years...I think they "could" beat Marion, Abingdon, Graham though...so 6-4 or 7-3 might be possible and that would be a GREAT year for the Wave and something to be proud of and build on...Tazewell's only shot now is to beat Richlands in the Brawl and hope for help from Grundy (CC is @Grundy this year by the way) in knocking off CC...Marion, Abingdon, and Graham...not much hope for those teams this year from what I have seen so far.

I think it will end up like this:

Richlands

Carroll County

Tazewell

Grundy

Marion

Abingdon

Graham

My prediction:

Richlands

Abingdon

Carol County

Taz

Grundy

Graham

Candy Canes

I'm thinking Grundy is at CC this year. Carroll's road games are abingdon, marion and graham

you are correct! I was looking at the PDF VHSL schedule and must have read that wrong...so Tazewell will need help from one of those 3...CC is just tuff to beat at home.

I dread Richlands going to CC this year. This is usually our most slugish game of the year for some reason. Maybe everyone is wore out from the bus ride, LOL, I don't know. I think as long as Richlands can get by Tazewell and CC they should have the SWD locked up for the 6th straight year.