teams to watch around the area

vols4life

first off, i'm glad it's football season once again.i been hearing chatter about wythe having qb issues, they lost a few to grad to..r.r. is havin the same trouble..one bright spot for them is there back..he seems to be a good strong runner,not fast but quick.marion is still a question mark..seems they are keeping things under lock and key..no info on anything other than coach wright is back as an asst.chilhowie lost alot to grad.but you never know with them.northwood seems to really have a troubled program.i watched bad lang and panther players get ejected last yr for late hits and whatnot.ph,what can ya say..2 time superbowl coach and still they have trouble..but they seemed to look ok in the 7 on 7..we shall see..holston,well this looks like a chance for the lil school in d-town to rise up and make a run for state..only losing a handfull of players,this team and town are fired up..but as the 96-97 rebels found out,injuries can really hurt you come play-off time.now we turn to abingdon..biggest school with the biggest ego problem..put it simply..they think they are always num 1...always ranked high..always this,always that.fact is they never do anything..abingdon use to be a pretty good program.but as the yrs pass so has work ethic and the desire to show respect..these kids just assume they are gonna win..that's what mommy and daddy told them..WRONG..but if they would play as a team and forget about what should happen they would give richlands a good game.the qb seems to be a decent player..we will see if they can suck it up..oh yeah..watch out for va high..ex gretna coach should bring a diff kind of team to this area..they might be fun to watch.last but not least the poor ole battle boys..who knows who the coach will be this yr..who knows anything about them??hope they have a good year..they are due 1.

Edited by vols4life

I would have to go with Abingdon. Most people around Bristol/Washington County think they are the best team in this area. This might be the year the Falcons win the SWD. From everyone I talk to they think the SWD is going to be down this year.

see what i mean!!..it's like beating your brother everytime in sports then that one time he beats you..the world stops and from then on out he is the best and you scratch your head and think.."gee i beat him like 1,000 times and he beat me 1 time"same way of thinking every year down there.

I would have to go with Abingdon. Most people around Bristol/Washington County think they are the best team in this area. This might be the year the Falcons win the SWD. From everyone I talk to they think the SWD is going to be down this year.

Until they play Richlands. Then we will hear the woulda, shoulda, couldas.