Michael Vick now a Philadelphia Eagle

tbgfan

Gonna be a dogfight in the NFC East this year.

No but really, I'm just glad he's back in the NFL. Of all the teams in the NFL, I probably like the Eagles the least, but I just can't wait to see him again. Hope he doesn't ruin this chance.

The big question is: can he get himself back into "football shape" after 2 years off.

You see how big he is? he'll be better than before just give him time. I bet he will start next year. Eagles will release Donovan McNaBB.

this is as boring as the Favre situation.

I don't care for Vick, maybe he has learned his lesson, or just doesn't want to go back to jail, but could care less about him and what team he shows up for although him playing at Cleveland would be hilarious.

I was hoping he would go to the 'Skins...they haven't had a QB worth a crap in years.

I was surprised he landed as an eagle. I really thought some team w/o a decent QB would be throwing dollars his way to come in and start ASAP.....after the suspension. Look for him to be recieving, running, and throwing the ball from the wild whatever formation.

Big =/ in football shape. Especially at the QB position, the one which requires the most timing of all.
It's like riding a bike. You never forget once you have learned simple as that.

Guest JJBrickface

True but you also can't teach an old dog new tricks.

We are talking about MV, what can he learn, the reason he has some many rushing yards at the pro and college level was because he couldn't remember the plays, and I know this for a fact, his center at VT told me so....

Besides he couldn't play for anyone else besides a bird= Hokies, Falcons, Jailbirds, Eagles.

As a VT grad, you'd think I'd be overjoyed. Not really. I was a huge fan when he played at VT. I was a big fan when he started in Atlanta. This dog-killing mess really soured me on Vick. That's not to mention several of the other (now minor in relation) little issues he had while playing here (for the Falcons).

I will say, I do believe he deserves a second chance, and I'm glad he's getting it. I'm not an Eagles fan, and I'm not going to become one due to him playing there.

On "playing shape" as UVAObserver points out, being big has nothing to do with it. Even if he'd been running, that would only be part of it. It's that football uses muscles that you're not going to use otherwise, and those muscles have to get back to where they need to be.

I think the Eagles are a good fit for him. He's got no business getting out on the field quickly...I think having a mentor in McNabb will be good for him...he needs a positive influence in his life (that is another athlete).

I don't know that he'll ever have much success as a traditional quarterback...his career passing percentage is poor, and he also admitted that he was a lazy slacker here in Atlanta when it came to practice, and knowing the plays. He's got incredible physical skills, but I'm not sure he has the head to put it all together.

We are talking about MV, what can he learn, the reason he has some many rushing yards at the pro and college level was because he couldn't remember the plays, and I know this for a fact, his center at VT told me so....

Really??? What was his center at VT's name???

I work with him at the US Marshalls, his name is Jim Satterwhite.

Satterwhite wasn't the center for Michael Vick...he was buried on the depth chart in 1999 behind Keith Short and Steve DeMasi. I'm sure the 3rd team center was on the field a lot with Vick both during games and in practice during the '99 season...

Here's an interesting incident that involved Satterwhite...

http://www.collegiatetimes.com/stories/9115

Although it mentions Will Montgomery as being a former center at VT, it fails to mention that Satterwhite even played...

Guest JJBrickface

Vick was a redshirt freshman in 1999 right? If so that means he was redshirted in 1998 and there was a good possibility he was working with the 3rd or 4th string center.