RHS JV Team and 8th Grade teams

Warrior

I just wanted to congradulate both teams on a very dominant performance Monday night at Earnie Hicks/ E-Mats stadium. You all have something to be proud of the way you played. Hats off to Coack Frank and the way he played so many kids in this game. From what I seen this could be a promising season. And on another thought it is scary to think of the talent Richlands has with very few seniors on the Varsity roster and all of this talent coming up in the next few years. Coach Mance has been blessed with depth for the next 4 to 5 years! Go Big Blue!

Coach Frank when #45 is slacking get up in his rump hard (I mean really hard, this boy has Ranger blood in his veins), trust me he will not let you down, been busting his chops since he was 4 on the football field! Running scout for Varsity wil only make him a better conditioned better overall football player! Thanks for the effort you put in my child to make him a better player!

Edited by Warrior

Guest lookoutmountain

"Coach Mance has been blessed with depth for the next 4 to 5 years! Go Big Blue!"

Coach Mance has developed and helped create this talent by creating an atmosphere where kids want to come out and play football. Richlands was a good high school program when Mance took over, but certainly not dominant like now. He didnt magically stumble upon a goldmine of talent. No question, the talent is good at Richlands, but did Richlands have 60 plus regularily grades 10 through 12 with some freshmen out for football on a regular basis. Nope. He's a brilliant coach and sees parts of the game that his peers don't see. That's one of the intangibles to being a great coach aside from leadership, charisma, and discipline. You can be a great leader and have good discipline, and even charisma, but just not be a solid on field coach as it relates to blocking schemes, passing routes, playing calling, defensive fronts and confusion, etc. Mance has all of this which leads to winning. Winning has what has happened at Richlands in the last 6-7 years. After about 4-5 years into that 6 to 7 year history of winning, the young kids in 2nd, 3rd, 4th grades see it. It gets contagious, and what do they want to do when they reach 7th grade? They want to play football. This means more players out for football and more talent to choose from which even further feeds the already circular cycle of winning. After so many years, it's almost like autopilot. That's what has happened at Richlands and that's heavily due to Mance. All coaches are simply not created equal. If they were, no coach would ever get fired or hired in High School, College, or the NFL and every coach would have regular 9 and 1 and 10 and 0 seasons.

"Coach Mance has been blessed with depth for the next 4 to 5 years! Go Big Blue!"

Coach Mance has developed and helped create this talent by creating an atmosphere where kids want to come out and play football. Richlands was a good high school program when Mance took over, but certainly not dominant like now. He didnt magically stumble upon a goldmine of talent. No question, the talent is good at Richlands, but did Richlands have 60 plus regularily grades 10 through 12 with some freshmen out for football on a regular basis. Nope. He's a brilliant coach and sees parts of the game that his peers don't see. That's one of the intangibles to being a great coach aside from leadership, charisma, and discipline. You can be a great leader and have good discipline, and even charisma, but just not be a solid on field coach as it relates to blocking schemes, passing routes, playing calling, defensive fronts and confusion, etc. Mance has all of this which leads to winning. Winning has what has happened at Richlands in the last 6-7 years. After about 4-5 years into that 6 to 7 year history of winning, the young kids in 2nd, 3rd, 4th grades see it. It gets contagious, and what do they want to do when they reach 7th grade? They want to play football. This means more players out for football and more talent to choose from which even further feeds the already circular cycle of winning. After so many years, it's almost like autopilot. That's what has happened at Richlands and that's heavily due to Mance. All coaches are simply not created equal. If they were, no coach would ever get fired or hired in High School, College, or the NFL and every coach would have regular 9 and 1 and 10 and 0 seasons.

Both are very good post, the previous and this one, but let's not also forget the rest of the staff and all who have coached and help this team along the way.

It takes everyone working together from peewee football to the varsity.

Mance has done a remarkable job building this program, but it has took a lot of hard work & time from the whole staff !

Mance has done a remarkable job building this program, but it has took a lot of hard work & time from the whole staff !

I think Coach Mance would be the first one to agree with your statement and knows just as it takes a TEAM to win games on the field, the teamwork of the coaching staff is what makes it possible.

Life has many choices---eternity two

I think the posters were just stating that since Mance has been HC.... a winning tradition has been established there.....nothing more, nothing less.

Remember, Mance put the staff together ......however, we all know that he alone couldn't do it w/o the excellent staff he has surrounding him. You could have the greatest peewee league around...but if it doesn't follow through at the high school level.....you would not have all the kids that were successful at the lower level "buying" into the high school program. Mance is always the first to publicly state in the media that credit goes to his assistants and the hard work of the players.

Noticed this was your first post.....hope you take notice in the future of how the RHS coaches acknowledge others' contributions to the success of the program.

GO BLUES

Edited by trublue

I think the posters were just stating that since Mance has been HC.... a winning tradition has been established there.....nothing more, nothing less.

Remember, Mance put the staff together ......however, we all know that he alone couldn't do it w/o the excellent staff he has surrounding him. You could have the greatest peewee league around...but if it doesn't follow through at the high school level.....you would not have all the kids that were successful at the lower level "buying" into the high school program. Mance is always the first to publicly state in the media that credit goes to his assistants and the hard work of the players.

Noticed this was your first post.....hope you take notice in the future of how the RHS coaches acknowledge others' contributions to the success of the program.

GO BLUES

Yea it's my first post here.

I was not trying to take anything a way from Mance, I am probably one of his biggest fans. I don't think that any coach has ever done a better job at Richlands ! He has brought stability and consistency and built a program !! Yes, I think Mance would be the first to give credit to his staff......that's partly my point. I thought I gave him credit in my post. I was not talking about Mance. I know the coach and most of the staff, and know that each and everyone of them would give credit to each other !

I also had no problem with what the other posters said, on the contrary, I totally agree with everything they said.

I try to go to every game and the ones I don't make I listen to on the radio. I've heard him and "noticed " the other coaches give credit to the other coaches. I was just making a simple statement about the staff.

Edited by Bigrhsfan

We're in agreement .....excellent coaches.....winning team....GO BLUES. :)

Agreed, I hope I didn't say anything that would offend anyone, especially on my first 2 post here....lol

The only thing I want to say is GO BIG BLUE !!!!!

It is hard to believe that this is the same Coach Mance that in 2000 they were trying to run off because he could not live up to the Vaught teams. Kind of like when the people in Hokie nation were trying to rid themselves of Beamer in his early years. I would think there are alot of people who have a bad taste in their mouth from having to eat their words.