Lebanon@Powell Valley

plooolt

The Pioneers have too much depth at tailback and too much strength on the o-line. Everyone knows the D is the strength of the team so---equals a Pioneer win.

Just like you say, Lebanon wears them down in the second half and goes on to win.

28-7

How does everyone see this game going?

I believe it will be a close game early with Lebanon pulling away in the 2nd half.

Pioneers 28-14

I think that the Pioneers will win. I just hope it is by a lot! Then we can have that big defensive battle 2 weeks later.

After watching Lebanon and Honaker I would say PV takes this game. Lebanon isn't as strong as people think they just happend to play an extremly young and weak Honaker team. Honaker's 5-3 D was stopping Lebanon good but the DE was get sucked in and not staying at home on a counter run and was opening up the whole ride side which you could went throw riding a wheelchair. Not knocking the Lebanon team I just don't see them beating a well coached and talented PV team.

After seeing this game I agree with 123456789. Lebanon is an okay team, but not all that great. The Pinkston fumble that was recovered by Lebanon in the end zone in the 3rd quarter was the back breaker. The 3rd was all Lebanon. Phil Robbins needs to get away from the spread and go back to old PV style football. Leave the Huff kid (sophomore) in at QB and leave Pinkston at tailback. That is where Pinkston should be, he's not a QB. When the line was brought in tight with Huff under center they were much better offensively. If he can't see that he needs to just go ahead and retire.

Defensively PV had two tremendous goal line stances in this game. One just before the half. Halftime was 13-7 Lebanon. Third quarter for Lebanon made the difference. They got the job done, but they are a mediocre team. They have alot of work to do. Right now don't know if they will get by Gate City in the Clinch or not.

Note: First play of the game Lebanon player had to leave by ambulance. Hope he's okay. Looked to be like some sort of leg or ankle injury. Shortly after that in the 1st quarter one of the officials had to leave the game. I think the official got cleated in the mouth and had to go get checked out at the hospital and get sewn up. Didn't think the game was ever going to get started. Anyway hope they are both doing okay.

If Lebanon is a mediocre team then PV must be horrible. Lebanon completely dominated this game. If not for the 2 goal line stands and the TD that was called back it would have been 48-7. You can say I'm making excuses but you started that by mentioning the Pinkston fumble. PV didnt even get close to scoring except when Pinkston broke the run on 4th down (not even sure if they crossed the 50 in the first half outside of that drive). I give PV credit, the played hard and had some hard hits. But this game wasn't even close.

Also the kid that got hurt was Lucas Smith. He broke his leg. I am pretty sure that he was taken to Kingsport and had surgery on it last night. Tough break for him, especially being a senior, but hopefully he can still play basketball.

He was Lebanon's best OT and DT. He will be tough to replace.

Yes, Powell Valley is a horrible team. So I guess you could say Lebanon is mediocre. Excuses were not being made for Powell Valley and I'm not bashing Lebanon in any way. Lebanon does have a respectful football team. Just commenting on what I saw and how Powell Valley could have done things differently. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.

I sort of wish I had went to the JI Burton / Appalachia game. I heard it was a very good game.

Tough for the Smith kid indeed. Hope things go well and everything heals up in time for basketball.

Yes, Powell Valley is a horrible team. So I guess you could say Lebanon is mediocre. Excuses were not being made for Powell Valley and I'm not bashing Lebanon in any way. Lebanon does have a respectful football team. Just commenting on what I saw and how Powell Valley could have done things differently. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers.

I sort of wish I had went to the JI Burton / Appalachia game. I heard it was a very good game.

Tough for the Smith kid indeed. Hope things go well and everything heals up in time for basketball.

Anyone who watched PV last year and then saw that they returned eveyone this year should be able to come to the conclusion that they're not very good. They're in a big down cycle of talent right now.

I thought PV may be decent when they kicked Lee last week, but, there was a team out of KY that really beat up on Lee again. Haven't seen either team play. I will looking forward to traveling to Bullitt Park to watch Richlands @ PV. This game will help tell the tale.

That's right. PV won last year too, in OT, Lee probably should have won that one though.

And the KY team that beat up on Lee last week did the same last year, and would probably do the same to most. Lee made some changes to try and get some consistency offensively and take pressure off Graham and the running game..we'll see what the next games bring. That was the issue in the PV game, it was a 14-0 game at halftime (and Lee had their chances to score) then PV had the punt return for a TD and then opened it up in the 4th with Lee reeling and exhausted defensively. I agree with some others in that PV looked better when Huff was in at qb, mostly, and they were moving Pinkston around at TB, receiver, and such.

. Phil Robbins needs to get away from the spread and go back to old PV style football. Leave the Huff kid (sophomore) in at QB and leave Pinkston at tailback. That is where Pinkston should be, he's not a QB. When the line was brought in tight with Huff under center they were much better offensively. If he can't see that he needs to just go ahead and retire.

From what I listened to PV/Lee online streaming, Huff was the better QB. PV missing the playoffs isn't out of the question this year. Phil Robbins is too stubborn to make the changes he needs.

Last Friday's game at Bullitt Park was a good high school football contest.

Lebanon has a solid HS football team with experienced quality skill players, a fine coaching staff, and some good size. Consistent with every pre-season rating offered, they are a better team than Powell Valley - but I suspect last Friday's game could have been won by the Vikings. I think the Vikings played hard. The Vikings had 250+ yards of offense and the score at halftime was close (13 to 7). Three important PV turnovers plus the muffed punt immediately after halftime were the critical factors in this game. My assessment of the Vikings remains unchanged after the first two contests. PV is both an improved and more exciting team as compared to last season - but will have a similar record as last year.

I think the games against Richlands, Burton, Clintwood, and Gate City will be entertaining and, like last year, PV needs to prevail in at least one. The Sophomores for the Vikings continue to play key roles and will learn from their mistakes. Because Viking fans have enjoyed 8 trips to the state championship game with Coach Robbins, expectations are excessive. This year the Vikings do have a competitive team.