An idea

jets

i just had an idea. maybe a bad one, maybe a good one, i dunno. i think next year Tazewell should show its graditude toward the pocy players by holding a scrimage at pocahontas. let the anouncer that did the indian games do the PA. and let the gate addmision go to the upkeep of the field. they could scrimage a local team like like montcalm or someone like that. also could invite a new team like river view to attend...

i just had an idea. maybe a bad one, maybe a good one, i dunno. i think next year Tazewell should show its graditude toward the pocy players by holding a scrimage at pocahontas. let the anouncer that did the indian games do the PA. and let the gate addmision go to the upkeep of the field. they could scrimage a local team like like montcalm or someone like that. also could invite a new team like river view to attend...

I have a better idea, why don't you send them to Graham to help us rebuild once we get rid of Doug Marrs. And bring Coach Louthan too, we could use him. He certainly knows more than the guys we have. Especially the bald one.

Best idea i have heard in years that would mean the world to those kids that is something I hope tazewell does I do not see one reason why that could not happen those kids would love that alot even if it was for a scrimage.

I'd like to see Twin Valley play in Garden throwback uni's....bring back the Dragon Attack!

Would love to see local schools use trowback uni's maybe for homecoming's. Sam Varney had his letterman sweater at the renaming of the field at Hurley and it was orange and black. Wouldn't it be weird seeing Hurley in those colors or maybe the black and gold they used in the 60's and early 70's.

Would love to see local schools use trowback uni's maybe for homecoming's. Sam Varney had his letterman sweater at the renaming of the field at Hurley and it was orange and black. Wouldn't it be weird seeing Hurley in those colors or maybe the black and gold they used in the 60's and early 70's.

My dad played on the same team with Sam...he still has his as well...kinda Va High looking, but cool for a throwback...there are some cool stories about Smiley and his quest for uniforms lol.

Throwback jerseys would be a great idea for homecoming games.. Money might be an issue though.. Ive always thought a 3rd jersey for non-district games would always look good. Ive seen Radford use them and Auburn wore an alternate for their homecoming game a few years back.. Anyways back to the thread, I would like to see Tazewell play at Pocy, someone should approach the school board or whoever they need to talk to to present the idea.. They could have a great jamboree there..

Edited by dawgs86

What a great idea. I think it would be great for any team to give honor to to the heritage that makes up their team. Wearing Pocy colors, if that could be worked out financially, would be awesome! By the way, are you a NY J E T S , jets, jets, jets fan?

Sounds like a good idea but the VHSL is really strict about uniforms now. I'm not sure how many would comply.

My dad played on the same team with Sam...he still has his as well...kinda Va High looking, but cool for a throwback...there are some cool stories about Smiley and his quest for uniforms lol.

Didnt Hurley purchase those old orange and black uniforms from a local college or somthing like that back when they first started the program?