FCA- All-Star Football

wave316

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are a few more details.... It will NOT be SWVA vs NETN. The Tennessee schools didnt wish to participate. So they have split SWVA into 2 teams that will play each other this Saturday at Virginia High.

The teams are spit up like this ---- Battle, VHS,Lebanon,Marion, Abingdon, Richlands, George Wyth, Chilhowie, Holston and a few other teams.

The 2nd team will consist of Gate City, LPD schools, Cumberland district schools and a few others.

I do know that the Johnson kid from Richlands is the starting QB, Dock from Va High is the starting Halfback. The coaching staff of this team will be the headcoaches from VA High, Lebanon, Chilhowie and Witten from Battle.

Im not sure who will coach the other team. Im guessing it will be Robbins from PV, Houseright from GC, Adams from Burton, and Saylers from JJ. Kelly.

The teams are spit up like this ---- Battle, VHS,Lebanon,Marion, Abingdon, Richlands, George Wyth, Chilhowie, Holston and a few other teams.

The 2nd team will consist of Gate City, LPD schools, Cumberland district schools and a few others.

I do know that the Johnson kid from Richlands is the starting QB, Dock from Va High is the starting Halfback. The coaching staff of this team will be the headcoaches from VA High, Lebanon, Chilhowie and Witten from Battle.

Im not sure who will coach the other team. Im guessing it will be Robbins from PV, Houseright from GC, Adams from Burton, and Saylers from JJ. Kelly.

Its the LPD, BDD, Cumberland and Gate City versus the Clinch Mountain, Southwest, and Hogoheege. The coaches for the North side is Thurman(VA high) Mance(Richlands) Witten (JB). Thje coaches for the south side are former uva-wise o-line coach Jim Dotson, James Colley (Haysi) Rick Mullins (Clintwood) Greg mullins (Coeburn) Greg Tester (Hurley) Ethan Owens(Ervinton)

no kidding, I really thought you all had the best QB in the district.

John Kelly...Russell Kelly's boy...he's good and it was fun to watch him learn week to week this year...looking forward to next year as Grundy only had 2 SR's I think...so if it's just SR's in the game I doubt anyone would go...I don't know who they were or if they played...Grundy has everyone back next year :)

would still be nice to see them send those 2 kids down there if they wanted to go....if they wrestle they are probably gone to Reno...that might have something to do with it also.

I love this type of game...would be nice to see everyone represented....tuff to do though.

Has a date and time been set for this yet? Will it be an afternoon game? I would like to shoot it if it's played during the day.

Also, will it be at the stadium VHS plays at, or the field at the high school?

Pretty sure its 12:30 Saturday December 19 and it is at the field they play at.

And I also think most schools from around here have 3 players each on the team and its only seniors

Edited by meaty_2

Here are a few more details.... It will NOT be SWVA vs NETN. The Tennessee schools didnt wish to participate. So they have split SWVA into 2 teams that will play each other this Saturday at Virginia High.

The coaches for the south are Jim Dotson head coach ,Coach Dotson began coaching in 1962 and has coached at North Dakota, UVA-wise ,Carsen Newman, Tenn.High, George Wythe, Honaker,J.J.Kelly, Burton, Germany, England, Ukraine. Coach Dotson coached the 1972 Burton Raiders to a state championship-- over Madison County they went 13-0 that year. Other coaches for the south are James Colley from Haysi, Ethan Owens from Ervinton and Mike Owens -UVA-Wise. Adams is not coaching ,Saylers is a wrestling coach. This game is being dedicated in memory of Jake Logue from Sullivan South. We may still do a Va versus Tenn. game in the spring. We are contemplating the two Whitten brothers coaching against each other.Shawn at Elizabethon and Ryan from John Battle.. We are in need of good wide outs and flankers for team South. North will have the advantage in running backs and Qb. Many good South players are playing basketball. If you know of any good senior wide outs ,flankers or linebackers and would like to play in a game such as this ,get back to me asap

This game is going to happen. The teams will get 2 days of practice. The game will either be Friday or Saturday. Im not sure which yet. I'll find out more later today. Practices are either wednesday/thursday, or thursday/friday. The game will be at Virginia High

Team North will get 5 days of practice 5 days Team South 4 days

what kinda jerseys/helmets/equipment will they use

Jerseys will be All-Star Maroon jerseys for the North and South will be white and navy. Players will wear the helmets and uniforms they wore in high school. Please tell all your friends about the game. This is the first football game like this we have ever done. Our prayer is that it will be a success and we can build on this for next year. :)