Cave Spring at Salem in the Game

the watcher

As long as they keep playing good ball and continue to get better on offense I can see them at 9-1. We still have Lebanon and CC at CC so a couple of potential tough games. What I have seen out of the Blues the last couple of weeks they will be very tough to beat as the season continues. I could have seen this team at 10-0, but we all know what happended in game 1, water under the bridge. If anyone has watched CS play, how would the Blues match up in your opinion? I still look for the CC and Lebanon games being tough. Doesn't CS still have to play Bburg? How tough is Bburg?

Cave Spring has their entire RR District schedule remaining, and none of those games are gimme's.

The Richlands nation is pulling for SALEM, well I know I am anyway. Im thinking a Richlands/Cave Spring playoff game, and we want CS to come to Richlands.

You do realize there are a minimum of seven games to be played before such a matchup can happen?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm glad someone is pointing this out........

I would have to disagree alittle bit. The way the Richlands D has been playing I would throw them in the mix with the best D. Yes I am concerned with the Lebanon game but if we play good sound football Richlands wins. How in the world did Lebanon lose to Tazewell?

From what I have heard Lebanon had a couple players miss that game against Tazewell and also the next game was against Gate City. I would say Lebanon was looking ahead a bit too much. Lebanons D did not allow a single point against Tazewell. The Pioneers just could not get their O going.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I'm glad someone is pointing this out........

Boys calm down only reason talking about this b/c its a CS thread. Read my post on the other message board. I realize we have half the season left. All I am saying is I like our chances and do believe Lebanon and CC will be the toughest games remaining. I know we got Marion this friday and that is the only team in the eyes of the team and should be. Yes they are 5-0 and for some reason we don't play good there, but if we play good sound ball there is no reason we should not get the W. The way our D has been playing and the O coming along I like our chances.

Boys calm down only reason talking about this b/c its a CS thread. Read my post on the other message board. I realize we have half the season left. All I am saying is I like our chances and do believe Lebanon and CC will be the toughest games remaining. I know we got Marion this friday and that is the only team in the eyes of the team and should be. Yes they are 5-0 and for some reason we don't play good there, but if we play good sound ball there is no reason we should not get the W. The way our D has been playing and the O coming along I like our chances.

You can play a great game and still lose you know that right Marion is a team that can not be taken lightly and as far as i am concerned we are not going to play CS this year if we are lucky to be in the playoffs then that is great but we need to win the games the rest of the season first.

Whether you know it or not, everything you type is "in the eyes of the team". Talking about what may or may not happen six weeks from now doesn't help them focus on this week.

You can play a great game and still lose you know that right Marion is a team that can not be taken lightly and as far as i am concerned we are not going to play CS this year if we are lucky to be in the playoffs then that is great but we need to win the games the rest of the season first.

I understand we can lose but why look at it that way. So your telling me if we play good football, good defense, and the o clicks how it has the last 2 weeks that Marion will beat us? Im sorry I don't believe that. In addition, I do believe we are a playoff team. I agree take it one game at a time, no one says you can't talk playoffs half way through the season. When we play to our potential I will take Richlands over anyone in the regular season.

What's the #1 reason a team loses a game they should win? They don't play well. What's the number one reason a team doesn't play well? They lose focus. What's the number one reason a team loses focus?

Nado, somethings are better left understated on a very public message board. Yes.......

1. Richlands has a strong team this year.....first team defense allowing a little over 6.0 pts. a game.

2. Richlands has speed.

3. Richlands has a very good coaching staff

4. Respect your next opponent....(re: don't be perceived as being dismissive by talking about possible playoff games in the future.....when your next opponent has a record of 5-0)

Richlands can ONLY play one game a week.....the VHSL doesn't award pts. on fans' opinions.

Yes, believe in your team....but, use a little more discretion in where and how you post.

I am not saying Richlands is going to go blow Marion out of the water. All I am saying is that I think we can win the ball game, period. Not a fan on this board can say they have not thought about the playoffs at all. I fully understand one game at a time and I am sure the team has full attention on Marion, the coaching staff will have them prepared. In recent years we have not played well at Marion and yes anything can happen. I am posting about the playoffs b/c it is the CS thread not the Marion/Richlands thread. Thats all I am saying about this topic, lets talk another one.