Question about Holston

littlebluefan

Could Holston win the Hogo this year? I know the district is weak just wanted to get some input back on this. I was wondering if they might be able to win the SWD or Clinch Mountain this year. They seem to have a very special team over there and are looking at running the table. Just wondering how they would match up with Richlands or Gate City.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you kidding....how would they match up with Richlands or Gate City...they'd get killed

haha i wouldnt be the one to talk...

i dont think they would get killed..it would be a game but i dont see a killing in those matchups

Could Holston win the Hogo this year? I know the district is weak just wanted to get some input back on this. I was wondering if they might be able to win the SWD or Clinch Mountain this year. They seem to have a very special team over there and are looking at running the table. Just wondering how they would match up with Richlands or Gate City.

The Hogo isn't really all that weak in region C. Might actually be the best district in region C, which is down some. Holston won't run the table. It would be amazing if they did and I'm pulling for them against GW but I don't see it. And they would be crushed by Richlands or Gate City. Holston now has a program to be proud of but you have a long, long way to go before you start competing with those teams.

some of my friends think they would finish 2nd in the swd and 2nd in the clinch mountain. they must have improved since we scrimmaged them-i honestly didn't think they were that good. if they could finish 2nd in the swd then they should be in state champ game this year. good luck cavs!:cool:

Personally i think Ph has the best team but they shoot theirselves in the foot... holston will face the same ole teams (not talented teams to point out) and they will have the same exact result when they face competition

They'll go about as far as they did last year....and then Clintwood will be waiting for them again.

don't think clintwood is that good this year. based on the lebanon game, i think holston would beat lebanon and clintwood didn't do that. holston will beat clintwood this year they have to go to damascus.:eek:

I am a lebanon fan of course, but I believe you are wrong on that one. From what I read Clintwood was missing a few players that night thus us beating them by 10 and not 2. I still think Lebanon would have won don't get me wrong but it could have been a lot closer.

About them beating Clintwood it won't happen again this year either. They may not be the team they was last year but in my opinion have played tougher opponents than Holston and are a stronger team.

And I have no doubt in my mine lebanon could beat Holston. all I'm going to say there

Edited by saturn125

I am a lebanon fan of course, but I believe you are wrong on that one. From what I read Clintwood was missing a few players that night thus us beating them by 10 and not 2. I still think Lebanon would have won don't get me wrong but it could have been a lot closer.

About them beating Clintwood it won't happen again this year either. They may not be the team they was last year but in my opinion have played tougher opponents than Holston and are a stronger team.

And I have no doubt in my mine lebanon could bear Holston. all I'm going to say there

holston is a big fish in a small puddle thats all i have to say

Holston's opponents (St Paul, Twin Springs, Bland, Northwood, Haysi and Battle) are a combined 12-26 this season. I don't think anyone knows for sure just how good they are because they haven't been tested thus far. But that will change next week when GW comes to town.

I suspect they are much the same as last season. But they may not make it to play Clintwood again this season. Eastern Montgomery just might knock em off in the first or second round of the playoffs this season.

I'm not anti-Holston at all. In fact, i'm happy to see them do well. They've lost so much for so long. But those of you who think they could compete with Gate City or Richlands or finish 2nd in the SWD or CMD simply are wrong. They are just not on that level yet.

I do think Jason Matlock is getting everything out of what he has to work with there. To bad PH can't find someone like that.

I say Holston loses to GW and most likely Chilhowie also. And will lose to EastMont or Clintwood for sure in the playoffs. But it would be nice to see them in Salem.

Just imagine Holston vs William Campbell for the state title!

don't think clintwood is that good this year. based on the lebanon game, i think holston would beat lebanon and clintwood didn't do that. holston will beat clintwood this year they have to go to damascus.:eek:

Okay - I am a huge fan but don't think for a second that Holston would compete with AA Richlands or A Div. I Gate City. Those teams are great this year and I wish both the best. But, .........we don't have to compete with them. I do think that we can beat Burton and/or Clintwood this year. Clintwood dominated us last year. They lost the players that dominated us. Would be a close game, but go with the Cavs! Don't know but think it'll be a rematch and go with Holston over Clintwood in a very close semi-final game.