very tough loss for the cavs

vols4life

holston played very well even lead in the 3rd but to many mistakes..both teams turned the ball over but gw just scored on a few more than the cavs..both teams need work in areas..hope jordan is ok..his injury in the 3rd really took away the big play threat..looked very well atimes but the miscues killed us..tackling wasn't great for the cavs as well..well,we had it but let it get away and against good teams u can't do that..time to move on..gw should get to the second round of the playoffs then just not sure ..

Honestly, I really think the score wasn't a symbol of the game. Atwell and Lester dominated the game. Holston played well, but obviously not on the level of GW. Haven't seen the talent or speed of Atwell, or the power and strength of Lester.

And I know you guys bash the refs after every game, and I see why. They were HORRIBLE. All the fumbles were horrid calls, both ways. And holding apparently doesn't exist.

I thought this was the year for the Cavs. GW with their schedule was just too tough-it is hard to dethrone the champ. My hat is off to G-DUB, congrats and the dominance continues. What is it 18 in a row? The Maroons are an impressive outfit-all they do is win the Hogo every year. Congrats to the G-DUB! You proved me and a lot of others wrong.

well,i disagree atwell was stopped in the first half ..and after jordon was injured yes atwell got the mis match..i told ya..the refs are clowns.. hey i really am not to bitter cause yes it would have been nice to win maybe be district champs but we needed to get that nasty taste in our mouth just to let us know we gotta keep workin..even the coaches needed see how or what they need to change..i still think we got alil respect..it wasn't a easy win for u guys..just hope blevins isn't hurt to bad..he tried to come back but just couldn't go..i feel we really are taking steps in the right direction..k,the music atimes is alil much..lol..but we lost and time to look toward the warriors and then ph our true rival..

Don't down play it now vols-you had me fired up today thinking Holston would win. This was a big game for the cavs and they didn't get it done. If you want to be considered to be with the big boys these are the games you must win. Just a couple of weeks ago you were ready to put the cavs against Richlands. Are you kidding me? Richlands would beat them by 50!:eek:

Yeah, Blevins took a vicious hit. I didn't know he went out. I thought he came back in, but wasn't sure. And I still stand by that Holston was the 5th or 6th best team we have played.

You guys play a really good schedule. It pays off for you on a night like this. Congrats!:cool:

dude,i didn't fire u up..and yes..the way richlands played that night was awful..why is it abingdon fans are jumping over to the cav wagon?..marion isn't doing well but i'm still pullin for them ..where is the posts about how great you guys are?see the difference between you and viva is he is gw thru and thru..u are well,just a loud bird..fly back to your nest

The Falcons are just playing it out. They have no chance and will be lucky to win another game this season. Their season was over when Hess went down with the ankle injury. The only good thing is they play 2 other teams that have struggled this year (Graham & Marion). I said Congrats to Viva because they deserve it-I think 18 straight district wins- that is dominance! Every year they take everyone's best shot and keep winning & they play a brutal schedule too. Look Holston is a nice little story but they are not ready to run with the big dogs just yet. They better not sleep on Chilhowie or it will be 2 losses in a row. When is the last time they beat them ole Warriors? :cool:

well,like i said we lost and hope we can correct things...i think we will go far in the playoffs..east monts qb is hurt and they lost to floyd ..i hear the injury to his knee is worse than they are sayin..i wish they would not let these teams in with a 4-6 record in the playoffs..vhsl needs to work on this

Edited by vols4life

I agree. Holston should win the region but I'm not sure they have anything for Clintwood. Again, here will come another well tested team into Damascus and will prob lay the wood to them again this year. :eek:

might be ji burton..clintwood isn't as powerful..but right now we gotta get two more games out of the way

Clintwood is pretty darn good! They have played a much better schedule than the Cavs and are better than what you think. I just don't see the Cavs beating them period!:eek:

Congrats to GW...the "tough" skin showed....they knew when they had to do it and how to do it last night in the 3rd Quarter...a story that has repeated itself more than once this year for GW...

Congrats to Holston...you are a quality team and you should make alot of noise again in Region C Div. 1 playoffs...I hope to see you in Salem with us...

might be ji burton..clintwood isn't as powerful..but right now we gotta get two more games out of the way

Clintwood has played a tougher schedule than Burton. Burton is a good team,not as good as last year. Clintwood travels to Burton next Friday. Should be a good one. The last game Burton hosts is J.J.Kelly. J.J.Kelly needs to defeat Appalachia and Burton to insure a playoff birth. If Burton loses thier next games and Appalachia wins their final two, Appy may edge Burton out of the playoffs. Holston then may end up playing Appy,Clintwood or Burton if Holston wins region C. Now as far as Clintwoods toughness, their only loss was to Lebanon and they played that game without their strongest running back Austin Dotson who was out. Game ended 17-7 in favor of Lebanon. Clintwoods wins come against Haysi, Shelby Valley KY ,which was ranked 6th in 2a in Ky when Clintwood defeated them. Other wins are Powell Valley ,J.J.Kelly ,Happy Valley,Tenn. Appalachia and Coeburn. Clintwood against Holston in a rematch would be a dandy. My friend Coach Jason Matlock has done a great job with Holston. Great guy and a great coach.:)

Seems like in all this comotion about Blevins no one realized that they're starting Left Tackle richie casey was out also. He went out in the first quarter. After a hit I believe on the opening kickoff.