Mr. Jenks

BHS85

Has Mr. Jenks calmed down yet? James Monroe totally dissed the BHS band last night & he was pissed!!! I would have been too. We give the JM band their 10 minutes and a great ovation, then their coaches bring the kickers out and take up a good portion of the field. Then the rest of the team comes out and tries to drown out the band for the last 4 minutes of our performance.

Kinda funny that all the work those kickers did while the band was playing was all for not. Not even an attempted field goal in the second half. That was a disgraceful show of classlessness on behalf of the coaching staff!!!

I think it's funny that the same fan base who threw hot chocolate on our band members at Wheeling two years ago would talk about class:(

What were your band members doing in the Bluefield student section???

I think the "hot chocolate incident" happened as the band walked by the Bluefield student section before or after the halftime performance. But honestly, is this what we're going to quibble about now.....band abuse?

Didn't get to go last night, but thanks to frequent updates from a Bluefield buddy of mine(thanks gamer) was able to keep up with it pretty well. Congrats to Bluefield on the win, and congrats to JM for keeping it a lot more competitive than I really thought they would.

Well let's all just live in the past....go back two years for an "hot chocolate incident" or even back to some little league baseball incident with Jake Lilly to try and make some trouble. Get over it people. Two great football teams battled it out Friday and one of them won and one of them lost. Life will go on.

As for the kickers going out to warm up I don't see much trouble with that, no need for them to stay in the locker room since they play no other positions and from what I hear with the language barrier would not understand what was being discussed much anyway.

I am sure this was not an intentional act on the part of the JM coaching staff.

Raider, do me a favor and do not take a stab at band programs. You will really get me fired up then.

I was at the game Friday night and was absolutely appalled by what James Monroe's coaches allowed their players to do. That showed how much class our farmer neighbors have and what Don Jackson is instilling in that program. I personally talked to Mr. Jenks and he was not happy at all with what the opposing team did and he planned to write a letter to the AD at James Monroe High School.

I do not think this was intentional, but the coaches should have respect for the other school's band's time on the field. There were many Bluefield fans that were outraged by this classless act, including myself. I am sure if the James Monroe marching band was on the field and any other team came onto the field during their time, all of the Purple Pony fans would be very upset.

Sanctagon, you heard wrong because the time keeper placed the allowed 20 minutes on the clock for halftime. What realy got me is that the WVSSAC put a rule in place this year that each team has a 3 minute period after the alloted 20 mins to do their respective warmups. The rule states that the team must be back on the field by 3 minutes left in the half, but does have the extra 3 minutes to warm up.

This should have never happened and I hope Mr. Jenks or another member of the Bluefield High School faculty discusses this with James Monroe.