Grundy vs Richlands

Nadoball

Hey Big D...I'll try to catch up with you after the game for a few...would like to check out your camera set up and shoot the bull for a few if you have time.

Absolutely. Just come on the field after the game and you'll find me somewhere in the scrum. I'm also usually there by 6:00 if you want to look for me before the game.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone know how the flu is going this week for either team? Just curious if that might play out...heard it was getting pretty bad at Richlands, but not sure about the kids on the team.

For the Wave I don't think any of the starters have it...2 weeks ago it was going around bad at Grundy, they had to call school off on that friday because of it. Grundy had one starter on D last week that was out because of the flu and one starting o-lineman that slowed him down because of it but both are back to health.

Absolutely. Just come on the field after the game and you'll find me somewhere in the scrum. I'm also usually there by 6:00 if you want to look for me before the game.

by the way I'm 5 days deep in to "No-Shave November" lol...a few friends of mine do this every year and I am in it this year lol...so...I will look like a man-beast by the end of the month, for now I just look scruffy...lol. So just a warning in case there is a full moon or something lol.

any of my Grundy peeps that want to meet up feel free to say hi...I'm not hard to find or easy to miss...lol.

Thats not saying much, who don't give you a game. Remember 51-7 at halftime. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

You act like you guys are so great! If you keep running your mouth on here I will pull for whoever you guys play in the playoffs. You don't see Gate City on here all the time bragging about how great they are. Their program is just as good as yours nads & balls. Give it a rest! If you need some pointers on how to handle success let me know. ;)

You act like you guys are so great! If you keep running your mouth on here I will pull for whoever you guys play in the playoffs. You don't see Gate City on here all the time bragging about how great they are. Their program is just as good as yours nads & balls. Give it a rest! If you need some pointers on how to handle success let me know. ;)

Oh no we all better get off the board and go hide somewhere if you are going to pull for who ever we face in the playoffs. Give me a break Richlands and Gate City are the Best 2 schools around this area I think there fans can say pretty much anything they want. We act like we are great because we are there is no one in the SWD that has come close with the exception being the G-Men.

Oh no we all better get off the board and go hide somewhere if you are going to pull for who ever we face in the playoffs. Give me a break Richlands and Gate City are the Best 2 schools around this area I think there fans can say pretty much anything they want. We act like we are great because we are there is no one in the SWD that has come close with the exception being the G-Men.

hooray for richlands!

before you say you're the best in the area, think back the past 2 years to when ya played bluefield. i think they might have something to say about that.

hooray for richlands!

before you say you're the best in the area, think back the past 2 years to when ya played bluefield. i think they might have something to say about that.

If you go back and look at my post on bluefield i have said time and time again that I wanted no part of them anymore haha. I was not including bluefield but if you want to go with one of the 3 Best teams in the area go right ahead.

I have been on this board for a while now I have always tried to keep my posting about Richlands in a way to try not make anyone mad that may be from another school but as of late it seems a few people on here to do want to hear anything but bad about Richlands unless it is something about them calling players or whatever you know the trash you guys read it just as I do. The facts are Richlands has had no one step up and stop them from pretty much running over every team they have played against for the past few years once again I give credit to the G-Men they did beat Richlands straight up no questions or anything like that. Overall though Richlands has been able to do pretty much whatever they wanted for the last 4 years that I know of Bluefield and Gate City are the only teams that have posed a challenge for the Blues and in my opinion those are the other 2 elite teams in the area that do not get pushed that often.

Final 54-13 Richlands. Grundy played a solid first half only down 26-13 at halftime (with commiting more turnovers than the Blues) then in just went all down hill in the 3rd quarter. I have no idea what happen to the Wave in the 2nd half.

IMO I don't think Richlands would be no better than anybody else in the district if it was not for them Big Creek boys. Im not trying to whine about the lost, but them boys just seemed like the heart and soul of the team. The RB (#44) was a beast. The best player I have seen in the SWD this year.

The play of the night I think was that punt return Richlands had with about 6 mins left in the 3rd quarter, just nasty. He broke about 3 or 4 tackles then broke it open down the field..two players for Grundy caught up with him and dived at his legs, he just jumped right over them. One of the best plays I have seen this year.

Edited by swvasport_7

Final 54-13 Richlands. Grundy played a solid first half only down 26-13 at halftime (with commiting more turnovers than the Blues) then in just went all down hill in the 3rd quarter. I have no idea what happen to the Wave in the 2nd half.

IMO I don't think Richlands would be no better than anybody else in the district if it was not for them Big Creek boys. Im not trying to whine about the lost, but them boys just seemed like the heart and soul of the team. The RB (#44) was a beast. The best player I have seen in the SWD this year.

The play of the night I think was that punt return Richlands had with about 6 mins left in the 3rd quarter, just nasty. He broke about 3 or 4 tackles then broke it open down the field..two players for Grundy caught up with him and dived at his legs, he just jumped right over them. One of the best plays I have seen this year.

Without Cody Austin and Devon no we are not explosive and can not put up alot of points we have some playmakers but not alot other than the ones you mentioned now i am sure there are going to be others that come on here and say oh there are more kids than that on a team and it takes a whole team to win YES that is true but without those three i see us losing 3-4 games. I am going to put the next part in caps so everyone can read it lol IT TAKES A WHOLE TEAM TO WIN A BALL GAME BUT THESE 3 ARE PLAYMAKERS THAT HAVE SAVED US FROM LOSING A FEW THIS YEAR.

Edited by Rhschamps04

that was a good play...but the kids playing behind the Johnson kids could easliy step in and they would be just as good in my opinion...Richlands just has a great football program from the ground up....have to give them credit for what they do.

Grundy's turnovers cost them in the first half or it might have been closer going in to halftime...but, same outcome in the end either way. Wave played a pretty good game the first half once they settled down.

Richlands looks great...I wish you guys the best of luck from here on out.

Grundy...well...Its been a great year and I guess we have at least one more game to go, which I think is a good reward for these kids...they have played thier hearts out all year and win or lose they made me proud.

Couple of points...and a couple of things that make me wonder???

-it was obvious Plymal was calling the plays tonight at least for the most part...just hope Rowe takes over again...that's all I'm saying about that.

-punts...Grundy should just go for it on 4th every time...I've seen enough 4 yard punts to do me for the rest of my life. Or maybe let the linemen guy that punts in warm ups give it a shot? That kid seems to kick the ball 40 yards in the air...can't be any worse.

-screen pass...would be nice to see one every now and then.

-if it's inches to get a first down...QB sneak it and stop trying to hand off up the gut, it doesn't work most of the time.

-Grundy gives up on the run too fast...don't try all that fancy reverse crap, just stick with the basic runs, traps, pulls...whatever...a sweep or option every now and then when it's not "expected" would be nice as well.

-pass over the middle...i have no idea why we don't do this more often.

-what happened to the slot pass to the WR out of twins or trips? we ran this a lot in the past but never run it anymore? why? At one point it was the first play we ran every game LOL.

- why not have #10, #11, and #15 all out on the same side? would be nice to see some long passes from this...they all seem to have good hands and kelly has a good arm? would be nice to see a jump ball 40 yards down the field instead of a 4 yard punt on 4th.

- stop kicking the ball in bounds or deep on kick offs lol...seriously...either just kick it out of bounds or try to drill it off of one of the up linemen... how many times did we kick it to the #8 kid tonight and watch him burn us? Anyone remember the last minute of the Marion game?

- turn Kelly loose...I'd tell the kid to take off if no one is open...why not...he does a good job of moving around, doesn't have the best speed...but it would be better than forcing the ball and turning it over...I'd tell him to just step up and pull the ball down and take off any time he can..I'd also move him out to the slot and let #11 QB every now and then just to keep the LB's and DE's on their toes....wildcat or whatever you want to call it...would be a nice change of pace.

also...on the Richlands side..who is that #75 kid? he is huge...I'd run behind that guy all night lol.

Number 75 is huge and only a sophmore i think so still got some growing and will be around a few more years. The kid from Graham bunkler i think is his name is going to be a FORCE that kid is huge and looks to be a great leader had not heard much about him looking foward to watching him play though.

Number 75 is huge and only a sophmore i think so still got some growing and will be around a few more years. The kid from Graham bunkler i think is his name is going to be a FORCE that kid is huge and looks to be a great leader had not heard much about him looking foward to watching him play though.

good god...only a soph? what are the numbers on that kid? he looks to be at least 6ft4 and 275?

6'6 or 6'7 285 is what they got him listed as kid is going to be a monster on the line when he is a senior haha.

wow...man I was over there on the Grundy side and I couldn't get over how big that kid is...talk about D1-A potential...that kid has it if he can stay healthy and works out...scouts should be all over him.

I saw him getting down on Grundy's LB's a lot...must be pretty quick for his size.