how is the middle school ball looking in the BDD?

Bballer23

honaker looks good...hurley aint bad...bunch of athletes over there...no sure about haysi or council...twin valley has a few good players...i guess just depends on how they all develope and grow to see what will happen in the future

Honaker boys beat Richlands tonight. They have some pretty good shooters. Pretty close game.Richlands 8th gr girls won.

Yeah but I saw Richlands play Tazewell (boys) the other day and Richlands didn't have a single point in the first quarter. Tazewell was up 25-0.

Yeah but I saw Richlands play Tazewell (boys) the other day and Richlands didn't have a single point in the first quarter. Tazewell was up 25-0.

I was saying Honaker had some good shooters, not Richlands. Richlands 8th gr boys team is very inexperienced. Tazewell will have the best 8th boys team in the district. Several of them have travel ball experience as does the Richlands 6th / 7th gr boys team. The good thing about the future of bball in our area is that their are more and more kids playing travel ball and playing more months out of the year.

Murray you are right the Tazewell girls did play really well against Graham. The Tazewell girls are a very big, fast, aggresive team with girls who have played aau ball together for years and it def shows. You are right, it will be tough for anyone to match up with them. Can they shoot from the outside? I guess teams will eventually start packing it in on them and forcing them to beat them from the outside. They are also a tremendous rebounding team. Not alot of weak spots at all on their team! Heck, they could probably beat most of the JV teams around the area and some of the varsity teams!

Murray you are right the Tazewell girls did play really well against Graham. The Tazewell girls are a very big, fast, aggresive team with girls who have played aau ball together for years and it def shows. You are right, it will be tough for anyone to match up with them. Can they shoot from the outside? I guess teams will eventually start packing it in on them and forcing them to beat them from the outside. They are also a tremendous rebounding team. Not alot of weak spots at all on their team! Heck, they could probably beat most of the JV teams around the area and some of the varsity teams!

I believe he was talking about the Tazewell boys. Both teams are good, the girls lost their first game at Grundy by one, and the boys are undefeated. Both are fun to watch.

GMan, this one is for you. I think TCPS are figuring out that too short basketball seasons in middle school puts teams at a disadvantage in HS. Four years ago, the middle school teams were lucky to get 7-10 games. This year it looks like it will be around 20.

G-Man, this one is for you. I think TCPS are figuring out that too short basketball seasons in middle school puts teams at a disadvantage in HS. Four years ago, the middle school teams were lucky to get 7-10 games. This year it looks like it will be around 20.

It isn't that they are figuring it out, they're finally reading the message board and paying attention to what I've been preaching for several years...:D

as much as SWD schools would love to be, Graham Tazwell Grundy and Richlands aren't in the BDD even though they play down to the smaller schools to try to get them some out of district wins. SWD basketball is just winter conditioning

• 2 weeks later...