Hurley should have the same opportunity as anyone else...

rowdyredrebel

It has to be addressed in some way on changing the team format from 4 to 6 teams should be allowed on the D1...why is our school any different , we play football the same way as any other team does.....so how many agree with us on this situation...we need input on this..I remind you to please stick to this threads subject please...no negative team bashing ......

It has to be addressed in some way on changing the team format from 4 to 6 teams should be allowed on the D1...why is our school any different , we play football the same way as any other team does.....so how many agree with us on this situation...we need input on this..I remind you to please stick to this threads subject please...no negative team bashing ......

Your principal has to vote for it at the regional meetings. Do not blame anyone else, look no further than the principals in region D.

Had JJK lost at Norton and finished 7-3,I wouldn't have said a word about not making the playoffs. I would have been saying "We should have beaten PV,Norton..etc and EARNED our way in". The playoffs shouldn't be a Tom,Dick,and Harry event where everybody gets to go. It should be a reward for deserving teams. If you let Hurley in,then a 5-5 squad from Appalachia would have a legit argument coming from a tougher conference,playing a tougher schedule (in addition to the gauntlet of JJK,PV,Clintwood,and Burton,the Dawgs also scheduled Gate City).

This watered down playoff system seems to come from the same people who want every little johnny son of a bitch to be a winner, everybody gets a trophy and everybody is happy. In life not everybody is happy and you have winners and losers. Maybe if you didnt want to be in this situation, then you should have played better against better competion. Hurley had a good team but this 6-team playoff system is crap just like the VHSL it was implimented by.

It's all crap until they actually align teams by enrollment and stick to it. If the cutoff is lets say 1-400 for A, 401-800 for AA, 801-1200 AAA, 1201-1600 AAAA, 1601 and up AAAAA. If you have 803 students you're school is AAA. Don't whine, don't complain, make it black & white and have a set to put the smackdown on all the "exceptions". Make the number of teams eligible for playoffs uniform in all divisions and regions. And let the best teams win in a fair system.

They had the opportunity already: winning their district. They didn't win their district and apparently didn't get the points to clinch a spot. Suck it up and win your district next time. That's how you make the playoffs, you win. If you don't win your district then you better hope other teams you played helped you get the points.

I know in Region D D2 there are barely four teams that deserve the playoffs.

Why should Hurley be in the playoffs? A few times I remember they went and got it handed to them. 1996, in the Division 2 playoffs a reloading PV team (Julius Jones' sophomore year) hung what 67 points on them? In 2004 (i think) John I Burton 7-3 in regular season hung 53 and in 05 a 7-3 Appy team wiped them out 44 to 0.

Even when Hurley has made it they haven't proven that they belong. Some of these teams will not get you ready for the important games (games that determine the district) and the playoff games.

All of these posts still does not answer my question why should any school be denied 6 spots and every other region all around has 6 ...we have 4...if you are a teacher, just by looking at each child in that room, do you determine which is the smartest kid in that room....you cant till you see him do what he does best with his hands not by statistics or sol testing. Do we need to determine who is the smartest kid just by a test...I think not, undoubtfully its not about the kids here with you guys, well it is me...you cannot set and say if you have not watched them that "by the test" that they do not deserve to be placed in the top six...who cares what you think ...if its not for the kids then dont speak...if you have had a kid in this kind of situation then speak but until then keep the negative comments off of this thread.....all in all if you haven't seen them play don't pass judgement ...everyone deserves to be somewhere....and I feel the program should be treated fairly as possible...I wouldn't have started this thread if i didn't think Hurley didn't deserve a spot...a lot of people may not want to admitt that they do and make all negative comments..but this doesn't justify why we do not have six spots to fill....like the rest of the program....nothing I have read on the posts has any weight to it.....

All of these posts still does not answer my question why should any school be denied 6 spots and every other region all around has 6 ...we have 4...if you are a teacher, just by looking at each child in that room, do you determine which is the smartest kid in that room....you cant till you see him do what he does best with his hands not by statistics or sol testing. Do we need to determine who is the smartest kid just by a test...I think not, undoubtfully its not about the kids here with you guys, well it is me...you cannot set and say if you have not watched them that "by the test" that they do not deserve to be placed in the top six...who cares what you think ...if its not for the kids then dont speak...if you have had a kid in this kind of situation then speak but until then keep the negative comments off of this thread.....all in all if you haven't seen them play don't pass judgement ...everyone deserves to be somewhere....and I feel the program should be treated fairly as possible...I wouldn't have started this thread if i didn't think Hurley didn't deserve a spot...a lot of people may not want to admitt that they do and make all negative comments..but this doesn't justify why we do not have six spots to fill....like the rest of the program....nothing I have read on the posts has any weight to it.....

Because Region D is crap! Best thing the VHSL can do is do away with Regions and make things uniform one way or the other. Besides the only championship that should matter is for State. I do not like that each region controls how the playoffs are played or where they are played. Region D is the worst in the state forcing the top seeded team to travel to UVA Wise to play for a Region title. Region D is and always will be run by Wise County.

Well, you need to take your spicy hotdogs and popcorn somewhere else...because you are one of those people from "HATERS ANONYMOUS" I hate you feel that way about Region D ...but we are there to get on your nerves......so get over it...punk

Well, you need to take your spicy hotdogs and popcorn somewhere else...because you are one of those people from "HATERS ANONYMOUS" I hate you feel that way about Region D ...but we are there to get on your nerves......so get over it...punk

I am not saying Region D schools are crap. I am talking about how it is runned. The politics are crap.

Region D is by no means the only region in the state with a four team playoff. Again, why does YOUR team deserve to be in? They have a record of 7-3...that's not bad. But if they had scheduled tougher opponents and beaten them, they would've gotten more points. Your opponents had a combined record of 33-57...that's weak. Only Ervinton had a weaker schedule. And that's in the ENTIRE REGION.

I will agree with one thing swvaoutdoors said about them playing their region champion games at uva wise. The teams that work their buts off to get Homefiled get a raw deel on this. Home filed in a high school games can be a big advantage, by playing them in wise it just takes alot away form the game.