Graham vs Cave Spring

Nadoball

Didn't mean to touch a nerve big fella just saying they have competed with the man and yes they have beat the man and yes apparently losing to the d4 champion by a touchdown and a point over a two year period is definitely competing with the man. A school with 1300 kids year in and year out. I have no fight with you on this just stating some facts. Oh and those two games were within the last EIGHT YEARS

The "man", to Cave Spring in the playoffs, is not Salem. It would be whomever they are competing with for a regional championship. The closest they have been to "challenging the man" over the last 8 years is two 21 point losses in regional championship games.

Edited by parsons

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo parsons why trip you don't need to get cought in what critics say. anybody can give there opinion it means nothing and marion has been playing well lately and seems to me all richlands is thinking about is cave or is it just you. 6 weeks ago i wonder how many people would think graham would be in the posistion there in now....not to many.....graham has proven what people say doesn't make a difference. Hell half the people who post on here is probably bored sitting in computer class or killing some time at work. All i'm saying is every post that is made on this board makes no difference in the outcome on friday night. It takes zero know how to criticize.

The "man" to Cave Spring in the playoffs is not Salem. It would be whomever they are competing with for a regional championship. The closest they have been to "challenging the man" over the last 8 years is two 21 point losses in regional championship games.

You know you are right. They have not won a regional title this decade I guess. I guess by your definition they have not competed with the man either. I was making reference to facts that they have played some pretty good competition and won or hung right in there. Hard to believe the next smallest team in the river ridge is almost 1100 and the biggest is 1600.

I didn't take issue with making Cave the favorite. I didn't take issue with predicting Cave to win by 10+.........If you will read my posts, you will see that I said every team in the River Ridge would finish 1st or 2nd in the SWD. I took issue with his assertion that a 10+ point victory was an "easy pick" and to "mark it down".

So, somebody picked the other team....get over it...you haven't gotten past Marion yet. and CS hasn't gotten past Graham yet...Let the kids play the game and talk about Richlands and Cave Spring next week.....if it happens.

So, somebody picked the other team....get over it...you haven't gotten past Marion yet. and CS hasn't gotten past Graham yet...Let the kids play the game and talk about Richlands and Cave Spring next week.....if it happens.

Great Post !!! Never count your chickens before they are hatched !!

Let's not have debate on a sports forum........

But I do appreciate your post.......it points out that nothing in the playoffs is a given....

As for your wish that I "get over it", I appreciate the concern, but really, I don't think that the stress level caused by my debating folks on here is going to cause any heavy harm.

Let's not have debate on a sports forum........

But I do appreciate your post.......it points out that nothing in the playoffs is a given....

As for your wish that I "get over it", I appreciate the concern, but really, I don't think that the stress level caused by my debating folks on here is going to cause any heavy harm.

There is nothing to debate you're arguing somebody's opinion.

Whats the point in arguing what someone thinks. It's like a player arguing with a reff you're not going to change what he thinks. So just move on and screw what other people think.

Then what was the point of your post just now? Why not "screw" what other people post (Their thoughts in words) and move on?

You people and your double standards kill me!!

So now we're arguing about arguments???

I think that Marion will make a good showing tomorrow night, the kids believe they can win and that's what's important. Marion has been getting more and more confident the past couple of years. They believe they can beat Richlands. I believe the can make a good game of it and beat Richlands if they stay focused.

I think that Marion will make a good showing tomorrow night, the kids believe they can win and that's what's important. Marion has been getting more and more confident the past couple of years. They believe they can beat Richlands. I believe the can make a good game of it and beat Richlands if they stay focused.

I personally expect the game to be a bigger blowout than last time, but you never know.

Over the last few years Marion has only been competitive against Richlands when playing at home.

Let me be the first to tell you that you are correct if the blues come out sluggish they could be in a 14-21 point hole in a hurrie and then marion eats the clock. This game is going to be a classic and people are taking for granted that we beat Marion the first time I am telling you that game was alot closer than the scoreboard said it was Marion went step for step with the blues just got hurt on the big plays if they can somehow stop the big play then Marion wins this game. Trust me THEY ARE NOT PUSHOVERS it will take the blues A game to win tommarrow I will be stunned if it is anything more than a 1-3 point victory for either team.

isn't this thread called GRAHAM VS CAVE SPRING there is a richlands marion thread here let me help you two people who seem to be lost on this confusing message board

http://www.swvasports.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17062

So sorry clicked on here seen the topic and forgot what thread i was posting in I will move it over there.

Tonight at 7:30 is what is on the max preps website. I am going to go out on a limb but I am going to pick the G-Men 21-14.

With all due respect, I think you went to far out on your limb, but I would love to see the Gmen in the upset.

With all due respect, I think you went to far out on your limb, but I would love to see the Gmen in the upset.

It has all the signs for a upset. You got Cave Spring probably looking ahead to Liberty in the state semis. They probably think they can just show up for this game since they blew the gmen out in the first one and we all know that the g-men have improved alot since then. The g-men come in off of a huge win against a rival as cave spring is coming in after blowing a 14 point lead to Hidden Valley. If cave spring is not very careful they could lose this game easy the G-Men are going to show up to play they have been in playoff mode for weeks now and I just have a feeling Cave Spring is going to overlook them.

I do see CS overlooking Graham but I still think CS gets the win. If Richlands beats Marion I don't see CS overlooking Richlands b/c of our history in the playoffs. I don't think your looking at another 55-12 game but I can see 42-14 or 42-20.

I love how all the Richlands fans are thinking Graham is going to win, or rooting for us.......It may just be so they don't have to go down there next week, or so they might have an easier game against Graham in a rematch. Sorry, but it isn't happening. Graham has improved, but lets be realistic here. 2 wins versus Tazewell, one against Grundy,Carroll County,and Abingdon. The only team that might be considered above average is CC. Tonight they play a quality team once again, probably the best team we have faced this year and although I would like to see us win, we probably won't. Get ready Richlands, we see what you really have next week.