Tech adds JMU @ Lane next year

VHSLhelper

Weaver begged Northeastern to play one more game but they decided to fold the program...

Next year's home schedule SUCKS!!!

Other than GT and the annual UVA thrashing, we've got Weak Florist, Puke, Middle Directional Michigan, Dolly Madison, and EC-Pew...our "best" home game is against Boise St. at FedUpField in DC...

At least we have Appy St. and R-Kansas St. to look forward to in 2011...

Weaver begged Northeastern to play one more game but they decided to fold the program...

Other than GT and the annual UVA thrashing, we've got Weak Florist, Puke, Middle Directional Michigan, Dolly Madison, and EC-Pew...our "best" home game is against Boise St. at FedUpField in DC...

G-Man you are a touch of brilliance, with a twist of humor---lol

Life has many choices---eternity two

VT hasn't "thrashed" UVA since 2005.

Way to improve that Schedule!

Really, Y'all get to play JMU and we added crappy old Oregon, whats up with that? I know, I know nobody has the nuts to play VT. That is a crappy home schedule though. UT Gets Oregon, Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss, Kentucky, UAB, and probably a cupcake to be announced at home. The road schedule features games @ Georgia, LSU, Memphis, Vandy, and South Carolina.

UT Gets Oregon, Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss, Kentucky, UAB, and probably a cupcake to be announced at home.

That's a pretty nice home schedule...of course, you can't really avoid having a "bad" home schedule when you play in the SEC...even when you play Memphis, Ohio, and Western Kentucky.

This year's home schedule for VT was the best its ever been and best it will be until about 2015...unless Ohio St. pulls out...

When did they move the Boise game back to the artist formerly lnown as Raljon?

It was originally scheduled for FedUpField...the only thing that almost "moved" was the date. ESPN wanted it Labor Day night but BSU wouldn't move it from October date that they had open on their schedule.

As bhs7695 stated, BSU has an opening in 2011 and has stated they will play anyone, anywhere in a one-n-done deal...all JW has to do is get rid of Appy St. or R-Kansas St. and it'll happen at Lane...but don't count on that ever happening...

I thought VT didn't want to ever schedule JMU again after the deliberate attempt (on behalf of the Dukes) to injure key VT players when they last played back on (9-6-03).

I was at that game and remember VT star tailback, Kevin Jones being hit out of bounds on the Tech sideline and slung past the Hokie bench into the concrete barrier where the bleachers are. From what I recall, KJ was injured on the play (maybe his wrist). This was foolish on behalf of the JMU player and the game was a 43-0 Tech thrashing.

Edited by footballfan08

Gman that was great haha

I hate there home schedule, my bro goes to tech and has season tickets for him and whenever I can get up there...they won't be nobody to see next year.

I wish Boise St. was playing in Lane but oh well, I will prob just go to the Ga Tech game and Wake Forest game.

VT hasn't "thrashed" UVA since 2005.

When the average score has been 28-11 in VT's favor during that time, I would consider that close enough to "thrashed" to be called "thrashed"...